How To Get To Heaven When You Die

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by savage1 View Post
    Fewer lies than were given out by the Bush Administration.
    Obama beats Bush hands down.

Comment

• Originally posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
      Obama beats Bush hands down.
      I never thought I'd give praise to one of your posts, but

Comment

• Originally posted by BettorsChat View Post
        Have you ever heard the getting into heaven with the camel and the eye of a needle?

Just where is that gate in Jerusalem?
        "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God." (Matthew 19:24)
        For the last two centuries it has been common teaching in Sunday School that there is a gate in Jerusalem called the eye of the needle through which a camel could not pass unless it stooped and first had all its baggage first removed. After dark, when the main gates were shut, travellers or merchants would have to use this smaller gate, through which the camel could only enter unencumbered and crawling on its knees! Great sermon material, with the parallels of coming to God on our knees without all our baggage. A lovely story and an excellent parable for preaching but unfortunately unfounded! From at least the 15th century, and possibly as early as the 9th but not earlier, this story has been put forth, however, there is no evidence for such a gate, nor record of reprimand of the architect who may have forgotten to make a gate big enough for the camel and rider to pass through unhindered.

Variations on this theme include that of ancient inns having small entrances to thwart thieves, or the story of an old mountain pass known as the "eye of the needle", so narrow that merchants would have to dismount from their camels and were thus easier prey for brigands lying in wait.
        Just because the "needle" may not be there any longer doesn't mean that it didn't exist at Christ's time. It's accurate on so many other things and was written by the eyewitness so, personally, I have no problem believing that it existed.

This link is to a "needle" gate referred to in the story.

http://amazinggospelinsights.blogspo...of-needle.html

That was an analogy given by Jesus to the disciples. Basically, those who have wealth tend to trust in their wealth rather than God and it's very rare for them to trust in the Lord.
        Last edited by xfrodobagginsx; 07-12-2011, 11:29 PM.

Comment

• How did you ever wind up on Bettorschat x?

Comment

• Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
            How did you ever wind up on Bettorschat x?
            I registered and here I am. How about you?

Comment

I never thought I'd give praise to one of your posts, but
              Let me clarify:

I mean he beats Bush as a bigger LIAR hands down. Bush was actually a good President, except he spent too much. Obama is the worst President we've ever had by far.
              Last edited by xfrodobagginsx; 07-12-2011, 11:38 PM.

Comment

I registered and here I am

I bet sports, I heard of BC and so I checked it out. You seem to be a religious guy, who has no business in BC, so that is why I ask why you are here

Comment

Whats your opinion of Harold Camping, his failed prediction of May 21 and his next one for the destruction of the world on Oct 21?
                  Personally I believe the old man is delusional, caught up in his own self-importance, has zero credibility by trying to turn the Bible into a book on math., which only he can understand; more importantly, he is in effect contradicting the Bible by saying that he knows when the end of the world is coming when the Bible explicitly says in a number of palces that no mortal knows exactly when the End Times will come.
                  By my way of thinking and pardon my French, he is full of "shiteth."
                  Last edited by savage1; 07-13-2011, 12:12 AM.

Comment

• Savage, you need to invest in buying some periods for your sentences

I have never seen anyone compile quite the run on sentence like you can

Comment

Savage, you need to invest in buying some periods for your sentences

Lmao!
                      Obviously you haven't read Tech fans comments in the Casey Anthony murder v manslaughter discussion.

Lol
                      Questions, comments, complaints:
                      [email protected]

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by jcindaville View Post
                          Lmao!
                          Obviously you haven't read Tech fans comments in the Casey Anthony murder v manslaughter discussion.

Lol

Comment

Savage, you need to invest in buying some periods for your sentences

Show me a run on sentence in previous post-I placed a semi colon in my last post precisely to prevent it from becoming a run on sentence.
                            This is not directed at you, but in any case I would rather have the ability to express my feelings (whether the sentences be long or not that)than to have to rely on one liners with no depth whatsoever to them in my responses.
                            Last edited by savage1; 07-13-2011, 12:40 AM.

Comment

• Your grammar is fine and I'm not bagging on you one bit. Your follow up post further proves my point as I think you have 200+ words in the last two posts and only 3 periods to be found throughout both posts

Comment

Your grammar is fine and I'm not bagging on you one bit. Your follow up post further proves my point as I think you have 200+ words in the last two posts and only 3 periods to be found throughout both posts
                                If you like, maybe I can go back and get my grades in English Composition in high school and college and forward them to you to see if you assertions are correct or not.
                                By your logic, War and Peace must be a piece of garbage and not worthy of being read because it is so long.
                                Perhaps I should take a course in how to write and speak like Forrest Gump.

Comment

Working...
                                X