No announcement yet.

How To Get To Heaven When You Die

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh yes-it is time to sleep now. I need my rest. We all need sleep. I have to sign off now.
    I hope you all sleep well.
    I will be up at around 9:00.
    I will try to post at that time.
    Good night everyone. I hope you all sleep well.

Comment

• Originally posted by savage1 View Post
      Oh yes-it is time to sleep now. I need my rest. We all need sleep. I have to sign off now.
      I hope you all sleep well.
      I will be up at around 9:00.
      I will try to post at that time.
      Good night everyone. I hope you all sleep well.

Nice periods!!

Lol

Comment

• So much better

Comment

• Religion is based on delusions and other forms of thought disorder. All religions insert morality into ontology - a delusion since morality exists only as a personality evaluation and not outside this domain. God is causality - the process by which the universe changes over time. God is amoral - morality is an evaluation by a human personality as based in actual/predicted reward/punishment implications of personality productions (finalized in behaviors). Consensual (group) agreement on such moral evaluations are codified in values, rules, laws, etc., but this has nothing to do with God.

Obama is a Marxist as are all leftists who advocated income redistribution and government control - tax and spend and create a nanny state. Obama advocated Marxist revolution until professors at Occidental College convinced him that a political takeover inside government was better than a revolution to overthrow government. Marxism gradually destroys a nation which is what Obama is doing, as did Carter and Roosevelt before him.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jcindaville View Post
            Lmao!
            Obviously you haven't read Tech fans comments in the Casey Anthony murder v manslaughter discussion.

Lol

I resemble that remark my brain keeps thinking of things to say and I was at work so I couldn't type each post and hit send I would type some of it work 5 min come back,type come back............................

I an known for talking to much lol
            MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
            HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
            0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

• Originally posted by Art View Post
              Religion is based on delusions and other forms of thought disorder. All religions insert morality into ontology - a delusion since morality exists only as a personality evaluation and not outside this domain. God is causality - the process by which the universe changes over time. God is amoral - morality is an evaluation by a human personality as based in actual/predicted reward/punishment implications of personality productions (finalized in behaviors). Consensual (group) agreement on such moral evaluations are codified in values, rules, laws, etc., but this has nothing to do with God.

Obama is a Marxist as are all leftists who advocated income redistribution and government control - tax and spend and create a nanny state. Obama advocated Marxist revolution until professors at Occidental College convinced him that a political takeover inside government was better than a revolution to overthrow government. Marxism gradually destroys a nation which is what Obama is doing, as did Carter and Roosevelt before him.
              Re:your views on religion, would it be fair to say based on what you say, that most of which is written in the Bible is fabricated, has no sunstance to it and was simply written to meet the needs of man and society?

Comment

• I would love for the X Man to comment on the question I asked in post 203.

Comment

• How do you expect him to find a question in that jumbled mess?

Comment

• Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
                    How do you expect him to find a question in that jumbled mess?
                    Maybe its your mind which is in a "jumbled mess" and which has the ability only to throw insults at others who are asking intelligent questions and which is not able to grasp the question to begin with.
                    The only problem with above statement is that you might not be able to even comprehend that(maybe its too much of a run on sentence)-if you can't, I will go back and explain the meaning of each word to you-duh!
                    Last edited by savage1; 07-13-2011, 04:36 PM.

Comment

• The original remark was in error.
                      I want Art to respond to what I asked in post 216.
                      Last edited by savage1; 07-13-2011, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Re:your views on religion, would it be fair to say based on what you say, that most of which is written in the Bible is fabricated, has no substance to it and was simply written to meet the needs of man and society?
                        Absolutely.

Jesus was third rate moral philosopher who was no more the son of God than was Hitler. His golden rule is Marxism that increases parasites to destroy a nation - has never worked except to fail.

Jesus's turn the other cheek only works with a moral aggressor, like Britain was with Gandhi in India, but this is rare - turning the other cheek usually invites aggression to hurt or destroy you, and this rewards (and increases) aggression.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Art View Post
                          Absolutely.

Jesus was third rate moral philosopher who was no more the son of God than was Hitler. His golden rule is Marxism that increases parasites to destroy a nation - has never worked except to fail.

Jesus's turn the other cheek only works with a moral aggressor, like Britain was with Gandhi in India, but this is rare - turning the other cheek usually invites aggression to hurt or destroy you, and this rewards (and increases) aggression.
                          Thanks for your thoughtful and well thought out response.
                          To take this a step further and not to get personal, but how would you describe your own religious beliefs? From what you say, I would assume that at the very least you are agnostic and more likely atheist-is that a fair assumption?
                          ps I am not asking this in any way to be judgmental but am merely trying to get a sense of where you are coming from.
                          Last edited by savage1; 07-13-2011, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your thoughtful and well thought out response.
                            To take this a step further and not to get personal, but how would you describe your own religious beliefs? From what you say, I would assume that at the very least you are agnostic and more likely atheist-is that a fair assumption?
                            ps I am not asking this in any way to be judgmental but am merely trying to get a sense of where you are coming from.
                            What is the nature of God? God is causality - the process by which the universe continually unfolds in changing. God is amoral, which means God is neither good nor bad and has no regard to either good or bad.

Morality is what we impose on events by our evaluation of the pain and pleasure properties of events, and the bottom line always is that might makes right - morality is relative and not absolute. Each of us evaluates the actual and/or predicted, reward and/or punishment implications for self and/or others of thoughts and actions. Consensual agreement results in norms, moral principles, rules, laws, etc.

What is the purpose of life? The purpose of any living thing is to continue its genetic survival. We are simply carriers of our genes and all our motivations and personality processing is aimed at keeping our genes alive in ourselves and in our kin - continuing the gene pool. What does this do? It continues the living process. The goal is in the process of continuance in change. Living is the purpose of life. God exists as everything in the continual change of the now. The universe blinks on and off, and each pulse on is a new material present is a now.

Do we survive after death? We change and continue in the eternal process of change. Our personalities after death continue to draw on memory and process this. Sometimes enough energy is drawn to this processing to enable it to come in as a ghost, orb, or other manifestation in the physical world, but this is very rare. Other dimensions co-exist with our physical universe, and dimensional leak-throughs are possible (see books by Jenny Randles).

Is there a heaven or hell? Human personality tends to abstract from events in inductive thinking, to make inferences from events, but in an overgeneralized way. This is thought disorder (prevalent in human personality). Universal or unconditional love is an example. Heaven is an overgeneralized abstraction from instances of pleasure in our lives while hell is abstracted from instances of pain in our lives. Heaven and hell is not a place but a state of pleasure or pain - whatever state we exist in at any given time, materially or outside the material we now know.

We always make more of life than what is really there, while remaining ignorant of most of what is really there.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Thanks again Art for sharing your thoughts-whether one agrees or not, no one can argue that what you said is well thought out very well in both a philosophical and logical manner.
                              It is a no brainer that by the nature of the thread and most of the responses so far, most people probably don't agree with you, but differing opinions on a highly debatable topic, one without definitive answers, constitute what good discussions are all about.
                              If you have read any of my other posts,you would see that I myself am religious and do believe there is some kind of reason for my existence.
                              Also, some of the books I have read while written by very religious people and having a deep tie to the existence of God, do offer a lot of good practical advice on how to live one's life to get the most of it and to become a good person.
                              I know you would probably disagree, but in my own case I have had just too many things happen to me in my life, some good and some not so good, to conclude that they happened by sheer coincidence.
                              On the other hand, I do recognize that we are mere mortals with human feelings, emotions, etc. and have the need to have many questions including what happens after we die.
                              The inference from above is that I can certainly understand why some feel that man invented God rather than the other way around.
                              As stated before, I myself do believe that I am more than a biological accident and consider myself religious but do respect other opinions like yours and others because frankly no one knows for sure.
                              Thanks again for your thoughts-I sure hope others have some opinions to offer also.

Comment

Thanks again Art for sharing your thoughts-whether one agrees or not, no one can argue that what you said is well thought out very well in both a philosophical and logical manner.
                                It is a no brainer that by the nature of the thread and most of the responses so far, most people probably don't agree with you, but differing opinions on a highly debatable topic, one without definitive answers, constitute what good discussions are all about.
                                If you have read any of my other posts,you would see that I myself am religious and do believe there is some kind of reason for my existence.
                                Also, some of the books I have read while written by very religious people and having a deep tie to the existence of God, do offer a lot of good practical advice on how to live one's life to get the most of it and to become a good person.
                                I know you would probably disagree, but in my own case I have had just too many things happen to me in my life, some good and some not so good, to conclude that they happened by sheer coincidence.
                                On the other hand, I do recognize that we are mere mortals with human feelings, emotions, etc. and have the need to have many questions including what happens after we die.
                                The inference from above is that I can certainly understand why some feel that man invented God rather than the other way around.
                                As stated before, I myself do believe that I am more than a biological accident and consider myself religious but do respect other opinions like yours and others because frankly no one knows for sure.
                                Thanks again for your thoughts-I sure hope others have some opinions to offer also.
                                Anyone who carefully considers my ideas is likely to be disheartened. Cherished delusions to give one hope are dashed by the reality of my ideas. Reality sucks. Freud regarded God as a projection from our childhood image of our parents - our parents in childhood seemed omnipotent and omniscient to us and we project this image in creating a God who looks over us, provides for us, and disciplines us when we deserve it. Those who believe in religion are searching for something to fulfill this lost parental function and find it in their religion.

A delusional belief can serve a useful function in ordering our lives and giving us purpose and guidelines for living. Reality can do this better, as far as I am concerned, but it has to be a complete and valid reality that most people can not realize. Religion on the other hand, is simple to comprehend and readily available, and has consensual comfort from other believers who huddle with you in the shadows of shared delusion.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X