X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Art View Post
    Some say marriage.

Some say a losing streak.

I say hell is a state of mind, in either incarnate or disincarnate existence. We construct our own experience and accept it as reality.
    So you don't believe there is a hell right? Do you believe that there is a heaven? I haven't read what you and savage have been talking about as it looks like I would need cliff notes.

Comment

• Originally posted by tech fan View Post
      I feel like if you believe in hell u have to believe in heaven
      Have an Uncle who told my mom that no one goes to hell. And that it's not even in the bible. There are passages in the bible regarding hell.

On another note does anyone know the name of the book where Christ appeared to different cultures all around the same time?

Comment

• Lp
        Originally posted by BettorsChat View Post
        Have an Uncle who told my mom that no one goes to hell. And that it's not even in the bible. There are passages in the bible regarding hell.

On another note does anyone know the name of the book where Christ appeared to different cultures all around the same time?
        Are u talking about the tower of babel
        MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
        HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
        0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

• Originally posted by tech fan View Post
          Lp
          Are u talking about the tower of babel
          Went to amazon and I don't think that's the book.

Basically God appeared to different cultures around the same time. Thus, why other cultures have a different name for God. Like Buddha etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by BettorsChat View Post
            Went to amazon and I don't think that's the book.

Basically God appeared to different cultures around the same time. Thus, why other cultures have a different name for God. Like Buddha etc.
            The story of the tower of Babel was that alot of people from that country started building a tower to try and reach heaven.So God decided to make everyone speak a different language so they could not communicate with each other.tHAT IS WHY WE HAVE DIFFERENT LANGUAGES.
            MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
            HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
            0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

• Originally posted by Art View Post
              I say hell is a state of mind, in either incarnate or disincarnate existence. We construct our own experience and accept it as reality.

Originally posted by BettorsChat View Post
              So you don't believe there is a hell right? Do you believe that there is a heaven? I haven't read what you and savage have been talking about as it looks like I would need cliff notes.
              Both heaven and hell are abstract concepts. Think of all the good places and experiences as concrete memory events, induce from this a place with good experiences that only exists as an abstract concept, and you have a fantasy place you call heaven. Think of all the bad places and experiences as concrete memory events, induce from this a place with bad experiences that only exists as an abstract concept, and you have a fantasy place you hell.

As general concepts, abstracted from many specific past experiences, heaven and hell are simply conceptual summaries of memory events but not real places. However, if you have thought disorder in overgeneralizing, as nearly everyone has in many of their conceptualizations, you can reify fantasy abstractions as really existing, in this case thinking that heaven and hell are specific and localized places that really exist.

In short, if you think heaven and hell are specific and localized places that really exist, you are nuts - you have a crazy thought about heaven and hell.
              sigpic

Comment

• According to the bible, heaven and hell are real places, just as real as you're sitting there at your computer. The very place that we get the idea of heaven and hell is the bible, so why would you believe these notions about hell and heaven existing as the bible says, but not believe what the bible says about them?

Comment

• i see dead people
                  2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

• Please take the time to read this first post and pray that prayer at the bottom of it.

Comment

• Bump for Xlax

Comment

• People have a right to express their opinions about the Hereafter.
                        That said, I find it a bit arrogant for those who don't believe in this to be judgmental of those who do and worse to talk in a condescending manner like they are 100% sure of what happens after we pass.

Comment

• Originally posted by savage1 View Post
                          People have a right to express their opinions about the Hereafter.
                          That said, I find it a bit arrogant for those who don't believe in this to be judgmental of those who do and worse to talk in a condescending manner like they are 100% sure of what happens after we pass.
                          Jesus own words:

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

From an eyewitness to Jesus Christ's miracles, life and resurrection.

1Jo 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Comment

• Originally posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
                            Jesus own words:

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

From an eyewitness to Jesus Christ's miracles, life and resurrection.

1Jo 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

No argument with that here.

Comment

• Originally posted by savage1 View Post
                              No argument with that here.
                              I agree

Comment

• Originally posted by BettorsChat View Post

Jesus's ministry was primarily to the Jews. There are only 2 instances of non-Jews coming to faith in Him in the bible.

Paul's ministry was to the gentiles, but that couldn't happen until the Jews rejected Jesus.

Comment

Working...
                                X