How To Get To Heaven When You Die

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Guns View Post
    You keep avoiding my question about her lavish lifestyle. Let me simplify this, because for some reason you are not getting it.

Since YOU have read her books, what chapter covers her right to spend millions on herself every year?

1 more time Savage, her work is admirable,but her lavish lifestyle is shameful. If she truly believes in what she teaches, she would be sending the millions she makes each year to 3rd world countries instead of buying a fleet of Lexus's and Benz's. She should read the chapter covering greed and avarice.

Given your previous posts, you are incapable of admitting when you are wrong. The pattern continues.

I appreciate your concern for improving my life. I can assure you that my life is fine. Once again you misjudge another post.
    Once again YOU are clueless and have ZERO basis for even discussing this without reading their books.
    The entire point is that she has helped MANY thousands arounf the world improve their lives and lot in life and help them believe in GOD.
    I have read her books and they have helped me.
    Again the point of discussion is how to get to heaven.
    Reading and listenin to wise teachings based on the bible is a good way to do this.
    You don't know what she is about and just make some dumb generalization s based on your opinions.
    How aobut suggesting some better books to improve your life, making yourself a better person and improve bring you closer to God-perhaps I should have posted a few books about how to beat the pointspread!
    ps Read post 78 again and try answering it-that is what counts here!
    Last edited by savage1; 03-13-2011, 09:32 AM.

Comment

• I meant to say post 178 in previous post.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillMill71 View Post
        Interpret as you will:

The seed [representing the gospel] that fell among thorns stands for thos who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by life's worries, riches and pleasures, and they do not mature. (Luke 8:14)

How hard it is for the rich to enter into the kingdom of God! Indeed, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God. (Luke 18:25)

No servant can serve two masters. Either he hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money. (Luke 16:13)

Lay not up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and thieves break through and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break through and steal. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. (Matthew 6:19-21)

Give unto Caesar what is Caesar's and unto God what is God's
        The whole point is that their motives here are not monetary in nature and that is quite evident in her teachings and books-anyone who has watched/listnned to them on tv and read their books would realizse this.
        People who simply go out and make money and don't put God first as these people do-well thats a different story.
        They may have money but they devote most of their time to helping people both spiritually and in many other ways around the world including giving of their own money.
        This is quite admirable, and I don't begrudge them one bit if they have nice lifestyles.
        Did you ever consider that some of those houses she has and visits serve as dwellings so that she has a place to stay so that she can further spread the word of god.
        Both of them as my wife are Evangelical Christians.
        If anyone want to ascribes other sinister/alterior motives to what they do without even knowing what they are about by reading their books and listening to them speak and taking stuff out of context from the Bible, so be it.
        Last edited by savage1; 03-13-2011, 10:04 AM.

Comment

• I guess stuff this doesn't count or has been considered with some of you folks re: Joyce Meyers and I am quoting from one of her followers:

Why are you not telling how she gave to countries and families,who lost their homes right here in the United States. Remember Katrina families that lost their homes. This woman helped them build new homes. They went after Jesus, what makes it any different for her. I believe God told her to help people and she is doing that. People that our own government did not help. God put a calling on Joyce Meyers and I believe if we learn from her the word of God we would be better off. We live in a world that we must have money to live on why should her children not be paid a salary to help them live.

Comment

• If you don't think the books I mentioned will make you a better prson and perhaps make you feel closer to God, then perhaps you should try these: lol

Guide to Sports Betting by Sturgeon (Used, New, Out-of-Print) - Alibris

Comment

• Originally posted by savage1 View Post
              If you don't think the books I mentioned will make you a better prson and perhaps make you feel closer to God, then perhaps you should try these: lol

Guide to Sports Betting by Sturgeon (Used, New, Out-of-Print) - Alibris
              I read the bible and intepret it myself, but if you need someone to do that for you cool.

BUT I would say by the tone of all of your last posts their teachings by which you have learned and lived are are skewed as my own interpretation most likely is, so thanks I will go on it my own.

The merciful man doeth good to his own soul: but he that is cruel troubleth his own flesh
              2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Comment

• Originally posted by BillMill71 View Post
                I read the bible and intepret it myself, but if you need someone to do that for you cool.

BUT I would say by the tone of all of your last posts their teachings by which you have learned and lived are are skewed as my own interpretation most likely is, so thanks I will go on it my own.

The merciful man doeth good to his own soul: but he that is cruel troubleth his own flesh
                The fact that you read and believe in the bible tells me you are on the right track as I hopefully I am also by doing it in my own way.
                We both have the same goals and that is what counts.

Comment

• Please take the time to read this first post and pray that prayer at the bottom of it if you haven't already. Then vote in the poll. Thanks.

Comment

Comment

Once again YOU are clueless and have ZERO basis for even discussing this without reading their books.
                      The entire point is that she has helped MANY thousands arounf the world improve their lives and lot in life and help them believe in GOD.
                      I have read her books and they have helped me.
                      Again the point of discussion is how to get to heaven.
                      Reading and listenin to wise teachings based on the bible is a good way to do this.
                      You don't know what she is about and just make some dumb generalization s based on your opinions.
                      How aobut suggesting some better books to improve your life, making yourself a better person and improve bring you closer to God-perhaps I should have posted a few books about how to beat the pointspread!
                      ps Read post 78 again and try answering it-that is what counts here!
                      The bible says that you shall know them by their fruits, I think Meyer has done alot of good things to furthor the cause of Christ. I'm not sure about her making 900,000. If that's true, then I would say that it's excessive, but I'm not going to judge her on one thing. Also, just because something is written in some book doesn't make it true or untrue. Look at Fareignhight 9/11, by Michael Moore, it's chalk FULL of lies and twisted truths.
                      Last edited by xfrodobagginsx; 06-02-2011, 10:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
                        The bible says that you shall know them by their fruits, I think Meyer has done alot of good things to furthor the cause of Christ. I'm not sure about her making 900,000. If that's true, then I would say that it's excessive, but I'm not going to judge her on one thing. Also, just because something is written in some book doesn't make it true or untrue. Look at Fareignhight 9/11, by Michael Moore, it's chalk FULL of lies and twisted truths.
                        Fewer lies than were given out by the Bush Administration.

Comment

Read some of her teachings in her books before you criticize her-I have read her books and watched her on tv-I know what she is all about.
                          I am not going to discuss things with folks who just shoot from the hip with sweeping generalities and haven't read anything about her or Osteen!
                          I don't need to read the woman's stuff as I have the bible and other material that teaches you the bible. If you believe she helps people then that's fine as I'm sure she does help some. However, her excessive living is coming off the backs of her followers. God would not approve of her lavish lifestyle. To be happy in live is to give not want. And from what I can see this woman want's a lot. Private jets, multiple homes, security holding a umbrella so she doesn't get wet. I guess Jesus never got wet.

Comment

God rewards people who do and carry his work and Joyce Meyer and Joel Osteen are not exceptions!
                            Have you ever heard the getting into heaven with the camel and the eye of a needle?

Just where is that gate in Jerusalem?
                            "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God." (Matthew 19:24)
                            For the last two centuries it has been common teaching in Sunday School that there is a gate in Jerusalem called the eye of the needle through which a camel could not pass unless it stooped and first had all its baggage first removed. After dark, when the main gates were shut, travellers or merchants would have to use this smaller gate, through which the camel could only enter unencumbered and crawling on its knees! Great sermon material, with the parallels of coming to God on our knees without all our baggage. A lovely story and an excellent parable for preaching but unfortunately unfounded! From at least the 15th century, and possibly as early as the 9th but not earlier, this story has been put forth, however, there is no evidence for such a gate, nor record of reprimand of the architect who may have forgotten to make a gate big enough for the camel and rider to pass through unhindered.

Variations on this theme include that of ancient inns having small entrances to thwart thieves, or the story of an old mountain pass known as the "eye of the needle", so narrow that merchants would have to dismount from their camels and were thus easier prey for brigands lying in wait.

Comment

Yeah sure!
                              Do you live in the stone ages?

Comment

• Originally posted by Guns View Post
                                $900,000 annual salary, $450,000 for her son. 5 homes (1 with over 10,000 square feet, and worth $1.8 million) $23,000 marble commode. These are facts Savage1, not made up points to discredit your post.

As far as reading her books, not gonna happen. I refuse to enable these money hungry, power seeking individuals.

I get all the information I need from my pastor on Sunday morning. He lives in a 1200 square foot parsonage, and makes $64,000 a year

Myer may give a lot to charity, her lavish lifestyle is shameful. They are simply very good marketers, nothing more, nothing less. Thats what separates them from my minister.

If you think that the assets mentioned above are necessities, than we have nothing further to discuss. Keep buying her books and tapes, she is laughing all the way to the bank. PT Barnum said it best.

If you read my earlier post, I never criticized the work she does, only the lavish lifestyle that she leads. You are a dream for these marketing geniuses.
                                Exactly!

Comment

Working...
                                X