How To Get To Heaven When You Die

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BettorsChat View Post
    Bill Gates only gives to big charity groups. He's an egomaniac. How about him giving some money to individuals that prove that they need money?
    In November 2006, he and his wife were awarded the Order of the Aztec Eagle for their philanthropic work around the world in the areas of health and education, particularly in Mexico, and specifically in the program "Un paĆ­s de lectores".[83] In October 2009, it was announced that Gates will be awarded the 2010 Bower Award for Business Leadership of The Franklin Institute for his achievements in business and for his philanthropic work. In 2010 he was honored with the Silver Buffalo Award by the Boy Scouts of America, its highest award for adults, for his service to youth.[84]

Comment

• Originally posted by savage1 View Post
      Each to his own.
      I don't care how much money she has-the woman works around the clock to help people and travels all around the world to spread her message, holds seminars rergarding religion and gives a lot of her money away to very needy folks.
      Sorry-in all due respect I disagree with your mom 100%.
      IMO she is for real as is Joel Osteen.
      If everyone practiced what these folks preach, all of us would be better persons.
      If this chick practiced what she preached, she would live in a modest home and donate the millions she spends on a lavish lifestyle to charity. The same goes for Joel Osteen an anyone else that "preaches the word of god" and blows millions of dollars on their personal lifestyle.

Pay yourself $50,000 a year and give the rest of it away.

Your statement absolutely blows my mind. Do you really think that Jesus (or the savior of your choice, if any) would live lavishly while others in the world suffered?

Comment

• Originally posted by Guns View Post
        If this chick practiced what she preached, she would live in a modest home and donate the millions she spends on a lavish lifestyle to charity. The same goes for Joel Osteen an anyone else that "preaches the word of god" and blows millions of dollars on their personal lifestyle.

Your statement absolutely blows my mind. Do you really think that Jesus (or the savior of your choice, if any) would live lavishly while others in the world suffered?
        In all due respect, I don't think you know what you are talking about.
        Try reading, and listening to the good advice that these folks offer to help us in our daily lives before you criticize.
        What you say is totally absurd about living in a modest house.
        She doesn't lead a lavish lifestyle at all.
        She even wrote a book Eat the Cookies, Buy the Shoes, in which she mentions that she denied herself a lot of things because she didn't think it was right to buy things other than necessities.
        This lady has traveled all around the world doing misisonary work and financially helping the impoverished and downtrodden and those in ill health with her own money.
        The same goes for Joel Osteen.
        Try reading what these folks say next time, and you just might change your opinion.
        These are two wonderful people whose mission is to tune us into God and at the same time help us get through the tough times in our lives.
        Tell you what-quote me something in one of their books that you have a problem with and then we can discuss the matter as there will be a basis for your statements.
        Last edited by savage1; 03-12-2011, 11:48 PM.

Comment

• For me anyways what I personally like about these folks is that they combine biblical teachings with how we should live our lives today with very relevant examples which pertain to themselves and others with whom they have dealt.
          While my wife and I read the bible, I find that their books have a bit more meaning to me because of what I said in the first paragraph and because they give specific ways to improve our lifes and make ourselves better persons all within the context of what the Bible preaches.

Comment

Each to his own.
            I don't care how much money she has-the woman works around the clock to help people and travels all around the world to spread her message, holds seminars rergarding religion and gives a lot of her money away to very needy folks.
            Sorry-in all due respect I disagree with your mom 100%.
            IMO she is for real as is Joel Osteen.
            If everyone practiced what these folks preach, all of us would be better persons.
            You think I give a fuck who you donate money too? Go ahead while she lives in the lap of luxury.

Comment

Comment

In November 2006, he and his wife were awarded the Order of the Aztec Eagle for their philanthropic work around the world in the areas of health and education, particularly in Mexico, and specifically in the program "Un paĆ­s de lectores".[83] In October 2009, it was announced that Gates will be awarded the 2010 Bower Award for Business Leadership of The Franklin Institute for his achievements in business and for his philanthropic work. In 2010 he was honored with the Silver Buffalo Award by the Boy Scouts of America, its highest award for adults, for his service to youth.[84]
                Those are all groups. And that proves he is an egomanic. A lot of his money was supposed to be towards building libraries all over the USA with his name on them.

Gates also fucked over everyone by forcing them to put windows IE or windows logos on all of their software just so they could use Windows shitty OS.

Comment

You think I give a fuck who you donate money too? Go ahead while she lives in the lap of luxury.
                  Read some of her teachings in her books before you criticize her-I have read her books and watched her on tv-I know what she is all about.
                  I am not going to discuss things with folks who just shoot from the hip with sweeping generalities and haven't read anything about her or Osteen!

Comment

God rewards people who do and carry his work and Joyce Meyer and Joel Osteen are not exceptions!

Comment

Those are all groups. And that proves he is an egomanic. A lot of his money was supposed to be towards building libraries all over the USA with his name on them.

Gates also fucked over everyone by forcing them to put windows IE or windows logos on all of their software just so they could use Windows shitty OS.
                      Yeah sure!

Comment

In all due respect, I don't think you know what you are talking about.
                        Try reading, and listening to the good advice that these folks offer to help us in our daily lives before you criticize.
                        What you say is totally absurd about living in a modest house.
                        She doesn't lead a lavish lifestyle at all.
                        She even wrote a book Eat the Cookies, Buy the Shoes, in which she mentions that she denied herself a lot of things because she didn't think it was right to buy things other than necessities.
                        This lady has traveled all around the world doing misisonary work and financially helping the impoverished and downtrodden and those in ill health with her own money.
                        The same goes for Joel Osteen.
                        Try reading what these folks say next time, and you just might change your opinion.
                        These are two wonderful people whose mission is to tune us into God and at the same time help us get through the tough times in our lives.
                        Tell you what-quote me something in one of their books that you have a problem with and then we can discuss the matter as there will be a basis for your statements.
                        $900,000 annual salary, $450,000 for her son. 5 homes (1 with over 10,000 square feet, and worth $1.8 million) $23,000 marble commode. These are facts Savage1, not made up points to discredit your post.

As far as reading her books, not gonna happen. I refuse to enable these money hungry, power seeking individuals.

I get all the information I need from my pastor on Sunday morning. He lives in a 1200 square foot parsonage, and makes $64,000 a year

Myer may give a lot to charity, her lavish lifestyle is shameful. They are simply very good marketers, nothing more, nothing less. Thats what separates them from my minister.

If you think that the assets mentioned above are necessities, than we have nothing further to discuss. Keep buying her books and tapes, she is laughing all the way to the bank. PT Barnum said it best.

If you read my earlier post, I never criticized the work she does, only the lavish lifestyle that she leads. You are a dream for these marketing geniuses.
                        Last edited by Guns; 03-13-2011, 12:30 AM.

Comment

$900,000 annual salary, $450,000 for her son. 5 homes (1 with over 10,000 square feet, and worth $1.8 million) $23,000 marble commode. These are facts Savage1, not made up points to discredit your post.

As far as reading her books, not gonna happen. I refuse to enable these money hungry, power seeking individuals.

I get all the information I need from my pastor on Sunday morning. He lives in a 1200 square foot parsonage, and makes $64,000 a year

Myer may give a lot to charity, her lavish lifestyle is shameful. They are simply very good marketers, nothing more, nothing less. Thats what separates them from my minister.

Believe what you wish-all I know is that what she talks about in her book should be read by all who want to improve their lot in life.
                          Read the book eat the

tIf you think that the assets mentioned above are necessities, than we have nothing further to discuss. Keep buying her books and tapes, she is laughing all the way to the bank. PT Barnum said it best.

If you read my earlier post, I never criticized the work she does, only the lavish lifestyle that she leads. You are a dream for these marketing geniuses.
                          Believe what you wish-all I know is that what she talks about in her book should be read by all who want to improve their lot in life.
                          Again read the book Eat the Cookie, Buy the Shoes and you might learn something and improve your own life.
                          If you feel her motivation is monetary, well then lets not continue this discussion any more because my views are 100% different from yours and unlike YOU I have read her books.
                          Last edited by savage1; 03-13-2011, 12:38 AM.

Comment

• To play Devil's Advocate here for a moment, lets just say that she does live a lavish lifestyle.
                            Taking that as a given, does that mean that and I and others SHOULDN'T read what she has to say and listen to her(and the same for Osteen)?
                            Remember the subject of this thread is about getting to Heaven, and imo if the words and thoughts of these folks help me and others with our daily existence, makes ue better people and give us a certain spirituality, then all the talk ab out her lifestyle is totally meaningless and irrelevant.
                            See you tomorrow-have to read the next chapter in Joel Osteen's book "Becoming a Better You."
                            Last edited by savage1; 03-13-2011, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Again read the book Eat the Cookie, Buy the Shoes and you might learn something and improve your own life.
                              If you feel her motivation is monetary, well then lets not continue this discussion any more because my views are 100% different from yours and unlike YOU I have read her books.
                              You keep avoiding my question about her lavish lifestyle. Let me simplify this, because for some reason you are not getting it.

Since YOU have read her books, what chapter covers her right to spend millions on herself every year?

1 more time Savage, her work is admirable,but her lavish lifestyle is shameful. If she truly believes in what she teaches, she would be sending the millions she makes each year to 3rd world countries instead of buying a fleet of Lexus's and Benz's. She should read the chapter covering greed and avarice.

Given your previous posts, you are incapable of admitting when you are wrong. The pattern continues.

I appreciate your concern for improving my life. I can assure you that my life is fine. Once again you misjudge another post.

Comment

• Interpret as you will:

The seed [representing the gospel] that fell among thorns stands for thos who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by life's worries, riches and pleasures, and they do not mature. (Luke 8:14)

How hard it is for the rich to enter into the kingdom of God! Indeed, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God. (Luke 18:25)

No servant can serve two masters. Either he hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money. (Luke 16:13)

Lay not up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and thieves break through and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break through and steal. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. (Matthew 6:19-21)

Give unto Caesar what is Caesar's and unto God what is God's
                                2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Comment

Working...
                                X