How To Get To Heaven When You Die

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jcindaville View Post
    Well said Phil, I dont have 10 % right now to tithe, but I give 5 - 7 % for now and I serve in two capacities at the church as a volunteer. My churh does amazing things for many in the community that are less fortunate and does extensive missionary work all over the globe. That takes money, and I am glad to give back to God what is already his to begin with.

Tell your wife to hang in there when the bills pile up at the church, God will handle it buddy.
    "tithe" was probably the wrong word as most people including myself do not give the "10%". We have people that can barely make a living that give $10 a week. The point is that if you truly believe, you give what you can to help out and give back to what has been given you.
    You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning

Comment

I agree with all of the statements above about the church needing money to run,but I was at one place that wanted a copy of your previous years W-2.I was like stick this place and my W-2 up your ass I will go home and watch Joel Osteen every Sunday morning.Only problem with that is I want my kids to grow up doing some of the things the churches offer so I'm kinda caught in the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
        I agree with all of the statements above about the church needing money to run,but I was at one place that wanted a copy of your previous years W-2.I was like stick this place and my W-2 up your ass I will go home and watch Joel Osteen every Sunday morning.Only problem with that is I want my kids to grow up doing some of the things the churches offer so I'm kinda caught in the middle.
        Don't let one church or ten churches stop you from going and your kids. Go to a couple, go to ten till you find one the u like.
        Questions, comments, complaints:
        [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Letswinalot View Post
          I feel like I need to get back into church... I haven't been in a while and feel awkward about going back... I don't know if this is the place to post this or not.

I think gambling is only a sin if you are hurting the people around you... Not just gambling extra money
          Gambling is NOT a sin as long as it's not in excess or you're not hurting people. Drinking in moderation isn't a sin. Having an occasional cigar isn't a sin I don't think. Christians have it made. We get to have fun AND go to heaven.

Comment

Never feel awkward about returning to church bro.

Its called a sactuary for a reason.

As far as sinning by gambling, we all sin everyday and will continue to do so till there is 6 foot of dirt put on top of us. Thats why Jesus was nailed to that cross on calvary, so that are past, present, and future sins would be paid.

Our debt has been purchased by the father thru the son, once you accept that your spot in the kingdom of heaven is secured.

As far as baptism, i recommend it, but no where in the bible does it state that its a must. My take on it, if Jesus felt compelled to let John the Baptist baptize him, then I would follow suit.

Nice to see a thread like this, no bickering, no hate. The sad thing is, no post either. That is very sad IMO
            Wow, why do I feel like I just entered a site full of friendly faces? This is so unusual I can't even tell you. Everywhere I post this people tell me that they hate me and cuss me out. It's nice to be around people who actually care about their soul.

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
              Here's my thing.I believe 100% in God but I don't have the same faith in church as I do in God.I have tried to go and even joined a few but it's so much like a business now that the good ole country church i was rasied in ain't the same.Last time I went,I went in with the attitude of I'm here to worship Christ and thats the only reason I'm here.But then they hound you about joining a Sunday School and we need donations for this and that.I just want to find some place to worship Sunday morning and then leave and go about my week.Does anyone else feel like me?
              Keep your trust in the Lord, NOT in man or the church. Church is there to help you get closer to the Lord. When you give money, give it as unto the Lord, not to the church. Whatever you do, do it unto the Lord and give thanks to Him. I hope that you read this first post and if you haven't yet, prayed that prayer at the bottom of it.

Comment

Originally posted by ToDaClub View Post
                I know what your saying Vols, a church I went to asked me to pledge an amount per year and then to let them automatically deduct it from my checking account. It then began to feel like a Visa bill instead of "Giving". Then they asked for additional amounts for diferent projects on top of it. It never seemed to end.
                Never let a church do that to you. That was wrong of them. The giving needs to come from your heart. I would find a new church.

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post
                  I agree vols ... I was raised catholic and still am ... Went to catholic grade school ...

I also believe in God but not the church ... all they worry about is passing that tray around for $$$$$$ .... If money is the root of all evil, why do the church's beg for it???
                  Money is not the root of all evil. The LOVE of money is the root of all (kinds of) evil. Give the money unto the Lord.

Comment

please take the time to read this first post if you haven't yet and pray that prayer at the bottom of it to god from your heart.

Comment

Go post on religion.com

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
                        Go post on religion.com

KB,

Dont you understand that he has to go where the sinners are?

I think he found you
                        NBA is a joke

Comment

Im sure i will get alot of flak over this. But it isnt my opinion. You need to read this for yourself jumping on me will not help anything. First off there isnt ONE place in the bible where it tells you to say the sinners prayer and you are saved. If it was really like that the bible would say exactly that. It doesnt have a sinners prayer ANYWHERE in it. (no mention of a rapture either)You have to be baptised to be saved. It isnt an option or a choice. Im telling you guys this for your own good. This say a prayer and you will be saved is just a convienent way to get people to think they are saved. It IS false teaching. Mark 16;15,16. Saul of Tarsus didnt just say a prayer, The Ethiopian Eunuch, The Philippian Jailor, Jesus himself. were all baptised. Theres a verse in Revalation warning about changing the words in the bible. Thats exactly what this is. Dont get mad at me read it for yourself. Its a mistake to think God will just kind of overlook that you just went out and did what you felt like was right. The words are in the book. You either believe it or you dont but if you stray away from any part of it you are not doing what it says to do.

Comment

Originally posted by john lennon View Post
                            Im sure i will get alot of flak over this. But it isnt my opinion. You need to read this for yourself jumping on me will not help anything. First off there isnt ONE place in the bible where it tells you to say the sinners prayer and you are saved. If it was really like that the bible would say exactly that. It doesnt have a sinners prayer ANYWHERE in it. (no mention of a rapture either)You have to be baptised to be saved. It isnt an option or a choice. Im telling you guys this for your own good. This say a prayer and you will be saved is just a convienent way to get people to think they are saved. It IS false teaching. Mark 16;15,16. Saul of Tarsus didnt just say a prayer, The Ethiopian Eunuch, The Philippian Jailor, Jesus himself. were all baptised. Theres a verse in Revalation warning about changing the words in the bible. Thats exactly what this is. Dont get mad at me read it for yourself. Its a mistake to think God will just kind of overlook that you just went out and did what you felt like was right. The words are in the book. You either believe it or you dont but if you stray away from any part of it you are not doing what it says to do.
                            So what does that mean for people of other cultures and religions that don't baptize?

Comment

Never feel awkward about returning to church bro.

Its called a sactuary for a reason.

As far as sinning by gambling, we all sin everyday and will continue to do so till there is 6 foot of dirt put on top of us. Thats why Jesus was nailed to that cross on calvary, so that are past, present, and future sins would be paid.

Our debt has been purchased by the father thru the son, once you accept that your spot in the kingdom of heaven is secured.

As far as baptism, i recommend it, but no where in the bible does it state that its a must. My take on it, if Jesus felt compelled to let John the Baptist baptize him, then I would follow suit.

Nice to see a thread like this, no bickering, no hate. The sad thing is, no post either. That is very sad IMO

Great post here j.c . This is the first time I read it and I felt compelled to complement you on it. Man have a great thanksgiving and thumbs up on the post.

Comment

Do all of you think the world is 12,000 years old. Do you think GOD created the world in 7 days? Do you believe in some of the stories from the bible: Noah's Ark, the dude that was swallowed by a whale?
                                "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." -Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X