How To Get To Heaven When You Die

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jcindaville View Post
    Said my peace, anyone got a problem with it say it, I would be more than willing to battle you and prove you wrong.

That statement goes to the college educated people here, the line has been set, lets see your education boys.

I know I WONT BE CHALLENGED, CANT CHALLENGE THE BIBLE!!!

Documented fact, Jesus, a dead man got out of his grave, you Pagens explain that!!!
    Here's something I would like to know didn't Jesus when he was resurrected appear to his disciples and others?

Comment

Originally posted by grandmama View Post
      Do all of you think the world is 12,000 years old. Do you think GOD created the world in 7 days? Do you believe in some of the stories from the bible: Noah's Ark, the dude that was swallowed by a whale?
      I think the more important question is do you believe in Jesus dying on the cross for our sins. If you do then you're on the right path.

Comment

I believe in Jesus but i don't feel like i need to show up at Church every week to prove it. I've been before and my mother goes 3 times a week and is very active in her Church. Many (Not all) people i know that go to church really irritate me to be honest. They go, sit there, and listen week after week about the lord and how you should treat all your brothers and sisters and they are the biggest backstabbing hypocrites in the world. They think they are so much better than people who don't go and the minute they walk out those doors their talking about others in a bad way, calling them every name in the book and doing most things the Church would suggest they not do. It honestly drives me crazy. I said many, not all so keep your offensive thoughts to yourself because i am not singling any one here out. It is a general statement based on the many, many, people i come across who go weekly. IMO you can't say fuck this guy, sorry god, fuck that guy, sorry god, fuck this guy, sorry god, fuck that guy, sorry god. Either you follow it and live it or you don't. I believe in it but i do not attend church because i do not want to be one of those people mentioned above. I believe in god and hopefully when my time comes, i'll be on good enough terms with him when i go.

I also really despise people who try to push religion on others. You have your thing and i have mine. Don't try to force it down my throat. If i'm not at peace with him when it is my time to go, that's my problem, not yours. I found 1 post by this guy to be exactly what i'm talking about here when he said "Every other place he has posted this, he gets ridiculed". Well, is that all you do is go to every forum you can find just to try and have people be one of your sheep and follow "Your" prayer??? I'm sorry but that is very irritating to me personally and i find it overwhelming and somewhat offensive to be honest. A prayer is something i can do on my own without somebody telling me to follow theirs to save myself. Whether you agree or disagree with any of the above, it's my opinion and mine only.
        Last edited by wayne1218; 11-28-2009, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
          Never let a church do that to you. That was wrong of them. The giving needs to come from your heart. I would find a new church.
          I did, and it was like JC told Vols. Find a big church. I give and feel good about giving, not obligated.

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
          I believe in Jesus but i don't feel like i need to show up at Church every week to prove it. I've been before and my mother goes 3 times a week and is very active in her Church. Many (Not all) people i know that go to church really irritate me to be honest. They go, sit there, and listen week after week about the lord and how you should treat all your brothers and sisters and they are the biggest backstabbing hypocrites in the world. I agree Wayne but don't blame the ChurchThey think they are so much better than people who don't go and the minute they walk out those doors their talking about others in a bad way, calling them every name in the book and doing most things the Church would suggest they not do. It honestly drives me crazy. I agree Wayne but don't blame the ChurchI said many, not all so keep your offensive thoughts to yourself because i am not singling any one here out. It is a general statement based on the many, many, people i come across who go weekly. IMO you can't say fuck this guy, sorry god, fuck that guy, sorry god, fuck this guy, sorry god, fuck that guy, sorry god. Either you follow it and live it or you don't. I agree Wayne but don't blame the ChurchI believe in it but i do not attend church because i do not want to be one of those people mentioned above. I believe in god and hopefully when my time comes, i'll be on good enough terms with him when i go.

I also really despise people who try to push religion on others. You have your thing and i have mine. Don't try to force it down my throat. If i'm not at peace with him when it is my time to go, that's my problem, not yours. I found 1 post by this guy to be exactly what i'm talking about here when he said "Every other place he has posted this, he gets ridiculed". Well, is that all you do is go to every forum you can find just to try and have people be one of your sheep and follow "Your" prayer??? I'm sorry but that is very irritating to me personally and i find it overwhelming and somewhat offensive to be honest. A prayer is something i can do on my own without somebody telling me to follow theirs to save myself. Whether you agree or disagree with any of the above, it's my opinion and mine only.
          You don't have to go to church to be a christian, lots of things about a "church" can make you mad, the one thing most believe is what I call faith. Somewhere in the bible it says by grace are you saved through faith. No matter what we do, we are not good enough to be saved. But if we believe and have faith, we will be saved. Don't blame the church for the people in it. JMO
          Last edited by ToDaClub; 11-28-2009, 02:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by grandmama View Post
            Do all of you think the world is 12,000 years old. Do you think GOD created the world in 7 days? Do you believe in some of the stories from the bible: Noah's Ark, the dude that was swallowed by a whale?
            Do all of you think the world is 12,000 years old. Do you think GOD created the world in 7 days? No, I believe it is hard for most of us to comprehend a God who "has been and always will be" has the same time table that we do. I believe each "Day" was a time table that we don't understand (Faith)

Do you believe in some of the stories from the bible: Noah's Ark, the dude that was swallowed by a whale?

I believe 99% of them, but some were stories of how to believe/faith. Hard to believe, living in a fish, but who is to say there wasn't a fish back then that you couldn't survive in? I can't imagine it, but I won't say it's not so. Isn't it amazing how many of those stories that have lasted thousands of years still teach us incredible values though?

Comment

I believe in Jesus but i don't feel like i need to show up at Church every week to prove it. I've been before and my mother goes 3 times a week and is very active in her Church. Many (Not all) people i know that go to church really irritate me to be honest. They go, sit there, and listen week after week about the lord and how you should treat all your brothers and sisters and they are the biggest backstabbing hypocrites in the world. They think they are so much better than people who don't go and the minute they walk out those doors their talking about others in a bad way, calling them every name in the book and doing most things the Church would suggest they not do. It honestly drives me crazy. I said many, not all so keep your offensive thoughts to yourself because i am not singling any one here out. It is a general statement based on the many, many, people i come across who go weekly. IMO you can't say fuck this guy, sorry god, fuck that guy, sorry god, fuck this guy, sorry god, fuck that guy, sorry god. Either you follow it and live it or you don't. I believe in it but i do not attend church because i do not want to be one of those people mentioned above. I believe in god and hopefully when my time comes, i'll be on good enough terms with him when i go.

Right on brother .. Great Post .. I could have written it ..

I also do not need to go to a church to praise the Lord .. I can do it right from my home, work or car ... and if anyone trys to preach to me I turn them off in a heartbeat .. do not even try ...

It is a cult .. that is all it is .. and like I have said I have been raised a Catholic and still am ... but to sit there in a church with all the hypocrites is disgusting to me ..

Comment

Look at some of those post times.Hell, I "wake up" to piss and it aint even midnight yet
                Last edited by vols fan; 11-28-2009, 07:38 AM.

Comment

And to you Kaz, A2M means nothing in Gods KINGDOM, he forgives all sinners, past, future, present buddy. So you call me a hypocrite, fuck you and the horse you road in on buddy, cause my God accepts me as I am right fucking now!!!!!!!! A sinner, saved by grace.

This is a typical statement from a bible reader ... they think they can say or do anything they want and it is ok because they know and read the bible .. just watch any show regarding prisoners .. they are all into the bible .. they will be saved

jc, guess what ... I also think you are a hypocrite .. you speak about women on this forum like they are dirt .. I think your words at times are disgusting when it comes to that ... you know what I mean .. just go back and read some of your posts .. not too Christian buddy .. I understand that you want to be funny but it really isn't .. unless you are 13 yrs old ... to me it makes you sound like an immature kid ..

John you know I like you but if we were face to face I would be telling you the exact same thing .. do not preach God to me on one side of your face and then tell me what you what to do to the girl sitting next to you out of the other side ...

And as far as what you said to Kaz you are way out of line .. maybe he was just trying to help you like I am right now ... and I think that is why you got so upset at him ... you know he is right and he hit a nerve ...

God Bless You John .. I wish the best for you as always
                  Last edited by Spark; 11-28-2009, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ToDaClub View Post
                    I did, and it was like JC told Vols. Find a big church. I give and feel good about giving, not obligated.

You don't have to go to church to be a christian, lots of things about a "church" can make you mad, the one thing most believe is what I call faith. Somewhere in the bible it says by grace are you saved through faith. No matter what we do, we are not good enough to be saved. But if we believe and have faith, we will be saved. Don't blame the church for the people in it. JMO

Show me one god damn place where i said i "blamed the church"???????? If you can't, don't accuse me of doing something i never did.
                    Last edited by wayne1218; 11-28-2009, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post
                      Right on brother .. Great Post .. I could have written it ..

I also do not need to go to a church to praise the Lord .. I can do it right from my home, work or car ... and if anyone trys to preach to me I turn them off in a heartbeat .. do not even try ...

It is a cult .. that is all it is .. and like I have said I have been raised a Catholic and still am ... but to sit there in a church with all the hypocrites is disgusting to me ..
                      Right Joe. People who go to church seem to assume they can do whatever they want or treat people like crap and because they go to church, it is ok and god will save them. It makes me sick.

I consider my Mother a TRUE Christian and My wife's parents TRUE Catholics. They go to church multiple times a week and they DO NOT swear, call anybody vulgar names or talk about others all the time behind their backs. They love & treat everybody equally and they really try to live the cleaniest nicest life possible. Others, not so much. Those are the people who go to Church that I respect and don't consider hypocrites. The others should sit home like me because imo, it's worse to do what they are doing and an embarrassment to you know who.

Comment

Originally posted by ToDaClub View Post
                        Do all of you think the world is 12,000 years old. Do you think GOD created the world in 7 days? No, I believe it is hard for most of us to comprehend a God who "has been and always will be" has the same time table that we do. I believe each "Day" was a time table that we don't understand (Faith)

Do you believe in some of the stories from the bible: Noah's Ark, the dude that was swallowed by a whale?

I believe 99% of them, but some were stories of how to believe/faith. Hard to believe, living in a fish, but who is to say there wasn't a fish back then that you couldn't survive in? I can't imagine it, but I won't say it's not so. Isn't it amazing how many of those stories that have lasted thousands of years still teach us incredible values though?
                        to each his own. But I do not believe in those stories. Looks very similar to a lot of Greek mythology to me.. I personally think the old testament is one of the most violent books ever written. It is the opposite of the new testament, which spreads the message of love and peace. Whenever someone is quoting srcipture to spread violence or justify something morally wrong, it is from the old testament. The boof of leviticus was used to justify slavery and discriminate against gays. If one would do away with the old testament, I would feel a lot better about religion.
                        "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." -Mark Twain

Comment

Yes I do believe, are you saying that the God of all the earth cant do that, really. You think that your little pitiful mind can wrap itself around Gods greatness?? That is comical too me, your little pitiful mind is going to explain Gods greatness

Pitiful little grandmamamamamamam bahahahahahahaha

His wisdom is going to explain the universe

Just go away, you look more ignorant every day you come here
                          OK fadeboy, if the world was 12,000 years old what about dinosaurs? Don't you think there would be someone in there that mentions it..."and jesus was walking to Nazareth, but a giant Trex stood in his way, but Jesus heald the trex, and turned him into a tree. THE EARTH IS BILLIONS OF YEARS OLD! The bible is a book of stories, some original, and some taken from ancient civilizations. JC, there is no God.... Trust me, if you want to debate something let me know...Your pitiful little mind has never questioned anything in your miserable life. Did your mommy tell you there's no tooth fairy...Sorry to break it to you JC. Be sure to post your plays tomorrow, I love to "follow" people that believe the world is 12,000 years old...
                          Last edited by grandmama; 11-28-2009, 02:00 PM.
                          "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." -Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by flarendep1 View Post
                            JC,

The thing is Grammama sounds like an atheist, that would make him a non-believer - or in the Muslim world, an infidel. You know what radical Islamists do to infidels??? Cut their heads off.

This same type of liberal cuts down America daily yet they are safe here
                            I want to report this to everyone at BC. Yes, I am an Deist, and Flare has proposed to everyone here that I should have my head chopped off. That is a direct threat to me, and I do not appreciate it. If you are such a Christian Flare, where is your tolerance and empathy for others. Two of the main tenants of Jesus Christ teachings.The reason I don't go to church anymore is because people like you that are so intolerant of others. i I don't mind if someone has different views than I do, whatever makes them happy. But to you flare, if someone doesn't believe the same as you, you want to smear them and as you stated above-KILL THEM. Wow, I cannot believe some of the stuff you get away with around here. Just because someone doesn't believe in the same things you do, does not mean they should die.
                            Last edited by grandmama; 11-28-2009, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Agree Totally!

TOUCHDOWN FAT BOY!

I was Born my Pappy's Son,
                              When I hit the ground, I was on the Run!
                              Jon E. Checkers

Comment

touching on the point I made earlier regarding ancient people taking stories from others and making it their own; I present to you a section of the Labours of Heracles a story that looks similar to that of Adam and Eve. He had to do 12 labours to recieve pennance for slaying his son, the 11th was: for him to fetch the "Apple" of Hesperides (which was a female nymphor spirit). She had a garden(The Garden of the Hesperides) which held the "apple" that he was supposed to retrieve so he could gain his pennance. I attached a bit of the story below. Please read.
                                Hercules' Eleventh Labor: the Apples of the Hesperides

Comment

Working...
                                X