How To Get To Heaven When You Die

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Celtics86 View Post
    I think the point is that one should really try everyday to be the best person they can be and at least don't blatantly sin just because you "believe" you will be forgiven for anything .
    Good to see you 86 .. Hope things are well

Comment

[QUOTE=ToDaClub;1736925][QUOTE=Spark;1735722]This is a typical statement from a bible reader ... they think they can say or do anything they want and it is ok because they know and read the bible .. just watch any show regarding prisoners .. they are all into the bible .. they will be saved

Spark, are you saying that if you go to jail you can't be saved?
      I'm guessing not, but JMO we shouldn't judge. Some are making a show to get out of jail, and some do make a change and see the light. QUOTE]

No, Not at all ...

Comment

Originally posted by baseballdave View Post
        and i will also say this - I was wrong in voting for this section to be reopened. Too many people here cannot handle when others disagree or don't share their beliefs, whether it involves religion or politics. It has caused many problems since it has been opened again.

Now this is my opinion and I am sure I will be blasted for saying this, but then, that proves my point.
        dave
        You were not wrong dave .. this forum is fine ... people agree and disagree in life ... You have peopel who can handle it and some that can not .. and we will widdle out the one's who can't .... I know I have learned a lot from this forum .. I truly have ... I enjoy reading all the opinions ...

And no one is going to blast you .. if they do, I will blast them back ...

Waiting for another funny text dude .. let's go

Comment

There isnt a verse anywhere in the bible that tells you to believe and just say a prayer and it will be all good. If there were such a verse it would say it and tell you what to pray. IT DOESNT! You must be baptised for remission of sins. Read it for yourself. Mans opinions and thoughts of how to do something like this dont count.

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post
            Good to see you 86 .. Hope things are well

Things are good.... Thanks for asking.

Comment

Originally posted by john lennon View Post
              There isnt a verse anywhere in the bible that tells you to believe and just say a prayer and it will be all good. If there were such a verse it would say it and tell you what to pray. IT DOESNT! You must be baptised for remission of sins. Read it for yourself. Mans opinions and thoughts of how to do something like this dont count.
              Baptism doesn't save you. It is something that believers do AFTER they have accepted Jesus Christ into their hearts.

Here is the prayer let's compare it with the scriptures:

"1)Dear LORD JESUS, I believe that YOU died on the Cross and Rose from the dead for my sins. 2)I ask you to come into my heart and forgive me for my sins, take me to heaven when I die. 3) I now receive You as my Lord and Savior. Thank You for saving me. In Jesus holy name, Amen."

Let's do check the scriptures.

1) Ro 10:9 Because if you confess the Lord Jesus...

The prayer does this

2) and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead,

The prayer does this if from the heart

3) you shall be saved.

The prayer does this

2) For with the heart one believes unto righteousness

If you say the prayer from your heart this will happen

and with the mouth one confesses unto salvation.

The prayer does this. You pray with your mouth.

Ro 10:13 For everyone, "whoever shall call on the name of the Lord will be saved."

The prayer does this

Do you believe these verses or not?

Baptism does NOT save.

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
              6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

This verse doesn't say that baptism saves. Look at the explanation of the verse. That which is born of flesh is flesh (water represents fleshly birth, the mother's womb contains water), that which is born of Spirit is spirit (Spiritual birth)

Mr 1:4 John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins. {for: or, unto}

Lu 3:3 And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins;

As far as baptism saving you, it is the baptism of repentence that saves, not water baptism. The baptism is an outward showing of what happens when you accept Jesus Christ as your Savior. It is NOT salvation, nor is it part of it. It is a believer's act of obedience.

Mr 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
              (KJV)

Look at this verse. At first glance it appears as though baptism saves. But it says "He that believeth not shall be damned." He is not damned for not being baptized.

1Pe 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:
              (KJV)

The baptism being talked about is a good concience toward God not water baptism. It says "not the putting away of the filth of the flesh" but what? "a good conscience toward God"

Here are verses regarding Salvation:

Ac 16:30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
              31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Where is baptism mentioned here for Salvation?

1Co 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect. {words: or, speech}
              (KJV)

What did it just say?

Ro 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
              10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Where is baptism mentioned here?

Ro 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

It says it is by grace through faith, not baptism.

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
              (KJV)

It says whosoever believeth in Him. Where is baptism meantioned here?

If baptism were necessary for salvation surely it would have been mentioned in these important passages.

You cannot possess the Holy Ghost unless you are saved right?

Ac 10:47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

They were already saved and possessed the Holy Ghost and they had not been baptized yet.

Ga 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Mr 1:8 I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.

I believe that some of those verses that you believe are talking about water baptism are actually talking about being baptized with the Holy Ghost.

Ro 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Baptism is not mentioned here.

Joh 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

The Door is Jesus Christ. We enter in by accepting Him.

Re 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

We open the door by receiving Him, what He did on the cross for us to pay for our sins. Baptism is an act of obedience. It is a public profession of faith.

Lu 23:42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

This theif couldn't be baptized and Jesus Christ told him what? Today thou shalt be with me in paradise. Because He asked Jesus to save him. He received what Jesus did for Him.

Ac 8:36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

What was the requirement for Him to be baptized? He has to believe. Baptism is for believer's only. Believer's are already Saved.

1Jo 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

If believing means that you know that you have eternal life, where is baptism mentioned here?

It is very clear that baptism is NOT for salvation but an act of obedience. It is an ordinaince just as communion is.

Comment

This is the worst thread ever started on this site. Catholics believe one thing. Baptists another, Lutherans, Methodists, etc. The one thing everyone should believe is their Faith

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. (You can't be good enough, it's a gift, no matter how hard you try)

This is the best written portion in this thread, has nothing to do with going to church, betting, sexual prefrences, going to jail, etc.

Lock this thread, delete it, do something, cause in my opinion, you can throw stones at everyone here, but somewhere Jesus said "He who is without sin throw the first stone" Let's debate politics, but not this. Lock/delete this please?

Comment

you all need to cool it with this blabber.

everyone is free to believe what they want. That's what makes this country so great. One shall not however be ridiculed either way on how someone believes something. Can we argue like adults... looks like that answer on bettorschat is always NO. Everyone's gotta be a child about stuff like this. If you don't believe in god and jesus then so be it. If you DO believe in god and jesus, then also... so be it. I happen to believe in the lord and know what he did as the ultimate sacrifice for me and you and all those that are living. I believe that when I die I will be forgiven of my sins here on earth and forever with the lord. To me, if you don't believe or dedicate your life to jesus, you'll be dealt with by HIM, not me or anyone else. It's not anyone's job here to tell people what to do. Jesus wants you to come to him on your own.. with your own wants and love, not by the pressure or forcefulness of others.

leave the child crap out of this. It's amazing some people's age's on this forum but yet some of you act like you're 2.
                  Last edited by ChangingMyLuck3; 12-03-2009, 09:44 AM.
                  Proud Member on Bettorschat.com since March 10, 2006

Overall since 9/1/09- 39-30-1 +1.14 units ($114.40)
                  1 unit=$100.00

Updated through Nov 18th 2009 @ 1:09AM est

Comment

tough shit in here Jack

But I know you can handle it buddy.

I will be back in this thread soon, probably tonight. Got someone to deal with in here, someone i have not faced after throwing stones.

Jack, post something, dont matter here or anywhere??

You know you like me fucker, lol, come on post something
                    Questions, comments, complaints:
                    [email protected]

Comment

• Originally posted by ToDaClub View Post
                      This is the worst thread ever started on this site. Catholics believe one thing. Baptists another, Lutherans, Methodists, etc. The one thing everyone should believe is their Faith

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. (You can't be good enough, it's a gift, no matter how hard you try)

This is the best written portion in this thread, has nothing to do with going to church, betting, sexual prefrences, going to jail, etc.

Lock this thread, delete it, do something, cause in my opinion, you can throw stones at everyone here, but somewhere Jesus said "He who is without sin throw the first stone" Let's debate politics, but not this. Lock/delete this please?
                      Dont lock shit Club!! Lets have at it!!
                      Questions, comments, complaints:
                      [email protected]

Comment

• Originally posted by Celtics86 View Post
                        Don't go yet, if you make it to 40,000 posts there will be 10,000 vestal virgins waiting in Heaven for you to give them ASS TO MOUTH, or A2M, as you like to say.

PEACE

Comment

• Originally posted by Celtics86 View Post
                          Don't go yet, if you make it to 40,000 posts there will be 10,000 vestal virgins waiting in Heaven for you to give them ASS TO MOUTH, or A2M, as you like to say.
                          "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." -Mark Twain

Comment

• celtics quote made me think of one of my fav songs of all time. the author has yet to tell us what the song is about. kind of like don mcclean has yet to tell us what American Pie is about. One of the best songs of all time!

YouTube - A Whiter Shade Of Pale - Procol Harum
                            "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." -Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by grandmama View Post
                              celtics quote made me think of one of my fav songs of all time. the author has yet to tell us what the song is about. kind of like don mcclean has yet to tell us what American Pie is about. One of the best songs of all time!

YouTube - A Whiter Shade Of Pale - Procol Harum
                              You are giving your age away ...

I never cared too much for Mclean but Procol Harem was one of my favorites ... my favorite by a long shot are the Moody Blues ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Spark View Post
                                You are giving your age away ...

I never cared too much for Mclean but Procol Harem was one of my favorites ... my favorite by a long shot are the Moody Blues ...
                                I was never a big Mclean guy myself. although I do respect the way he can tell a story. Moody Blues, is one of my favs too. i attached one of my fav Blues tunes, its one of their early tunes... They just don't write songs the way they use to.

YouTube - Moody Blues - Go Now

Comment

Working...
                                X