Wild Thing Kyle Busch!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 10DimeBry
    ha ha wish i was brother. My point is Dale Jr is wayyyyy overrated. You wanna talk about lebron being overrated look at this guy. I mean I have exactly as many wins as Dale Jr does the past year and a half......NONE. yeley may be a stretch but my point is a valid one. he is a good driver not a top 10 driver period
    Dale Jr can be compared alot to guys like Matt Kenseth and Kurt Busch. Busch has the same amount of Wins as Jr (17) and Kenseth has one less (16). Dale Jr has 79 Top 5 finishes while Kurt Busch has 57 and Kenseth has 80. The biggest difference in the 3 is that Busch and Kenseth each own a Title. Both came for a great team while they were at Roush racing. I don't think DEI was EVER as good as Roush since these 3 were driving together. Dale Jr is with a top team now and we will see if it makes a difference. People should give him credit though and say so far so good because he is sitting 3rd in points ahead of all the Big names, including the 2 on his own team. He has not won any races for them yet but since when did winning races ever matter in Nascar? Kenseth won a Title and only won 1 race all year. I think the new points system will hurt Jr more than it will help because it will tighten up the 9 guys behind him when everyone gets reset. Dale Jr finally has his chance and maybe it will happen this year or next or maybe never but he is doing pretty well @ Hendricks after 10 Races.

Comment

Originally posted by tech fan
      I THINK THE FANS THAT WATCH RACING FOR THE WRECKS YES YOU ARE CORRECT.BUT THE DIE HARD RACEFANS UST LOVE TO SEE CLEAN BUT AGRESSIVE TYPE RACING
      That's BS. The most popular race car driver of this generation was Dale Sr. He'd knock your ass out of the way. He was aggressive but he wasn't always clean.

Comment

Originally posted by tech fan
        ReMEMBER Consistency Wins Championships
        IMO that's another reason that NASCAR is a joke. Name another sport that you can go the entire season without a victory and be crowned the champ. I don't recall the driver but a few years back the point leader went most of the season without a victory.

The champ should be the driver with the most victories. Not some BS point system.

Comment

Busch-Junior wreck: Hard racing, no hard feelings

Drivers characterize wreck at Richmond as no big deal

By David Newton

CONCORD, N.C. -- Three security guards walked into the media center with Kyle Busch during Monday's test session at Lowe's Motor Speedway, but none was needed.

Although fans threw things onto the track at Richmond International Speedway following Saturday night's late-race incident between Busch and Dale Earnhardt Jr. and a few tossed obscenities at Busch later that night on his way to the helipad, Busch said his life is not in danger.

He agreed with Earnhardt that the wreck, which kept Busch from winning his third race of the year and NASCAR's most popular driver from ending a two-year losing streak, was the result of hard racing.

"No, there's not been any death threats," Busch said. "That would be ludicrous, I guess. Maybe they're out there. I haven't seen them. I hope my well being is safe in this deal.

"Since Junior ended up OK, then hopefully I can end up OK."

Earnhardt certainly doesn't hold a grudge.

"I took him out at Kansas last year during the Chase," he said. "That's really why I wouldn't be more vocal or angry about it. I'd just be hypocritical in that sense. We've both kind of been on each side of it between the two of us.

"Hopefully, once me and him have a chance to talk about it we can come to some kind of understanding to where we don't ever have to deal with it."

LMS track president H.A. "Humpy" Wheeler tried to take advantage of the incident by asking security guards to show for Busch's press conference. Two years ago, he offered extra security when Brian Vickers took out Earnhardt and Jimmie Johnson going for the win at Talladega.

This one drew more scrutiny because Earnhardt replaced Busch at Hendrick Motorsports this season and then went to rival Joe Gibbs Racing.

It happened with four laps remaining when Busch got underneath Earnhardt going into Turn 3. Busch appeared to get loose and contact was made. In order to save his car, Busch said he had no choice but to turn right into Earnhardt, who spun out.

Earnhardt finished 15th and extended his losing streak to 72 races. Busch held on to second behind winner Clint Bowyer and took the points lead.

"The only thing I was upset with was the fact we didn't get the points out of it I should have been able to get," said Earnhardt, who held onto third.

Both drivers also agreed they could have done things differently to avoid the wreck.

"I could have been on a beach in South Carolina or on a lake in North Carolina," Busch said jokingly. "In that particular incident, we probably both could have given each other a little more room."

Busch said he could have driven further to the bottom of the track, that Earnhardt could have taken a line similar to the one he had been running.

"He was trying to find something that would work better for his car so he could get away form me," he said. "Unfortunately, he got the worst brunt of it."

Said Earnhardt, "Kyle has his style of driving. I would have been a little more ... I don't know. Maybe I would have run as hard as he was. I don't know what I would have done."

Earnhardt's teammate, Jeff Gordon, said the incident wasn't inevitable. But he did understand how it could happen, recalling an incident he once had at RIR with Rusty Wallace.

"The guy on the outside, he's going to race hard to make it very difficult for the guy on the inside to make the pass," he said. "The guy on the inside has to be a little more bold and aggressive.

"At the same time, you know going into Turn 3 you can't get in deep if a guy is on the outside. It'll take air away and gets the car loose. It looked to me like Kyle drove in there too hard and it took the air off of him and got him loose."

Busch said he left a voice mail for Earnhardt early Monday and hoped the two could talk to make sure there are no lingering hard feelings.

"He [grew] up knowing one of the best in the sport," he said of Earnhardt's father, the late Dale Earnhardt, who didn't earn the nickname "Intimidator" by being nice on the track. "I'm sure he has a lot of knowledge he can still relay to me, so I'd like to listen."

Comment

Anybody want to bet Dale Jr will go winless this year?

I say he wins a race and wins one pretty soon. Any takers?

Comment

Even Dale Jr said it was just hard racing. What more will it take to believe that for all who were/are so pissed off at Busch and his so called dirty move?

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21

I'm trying to "Enlighten" them all for you kb!

Comment

A blind squirrel will always find a nut

Comment

I don't think it was a dirty move, just a move that a lot of drivers are smart enough not to make. It was a racing deal, but it pisses me off because Shrub has no regard for anyone else on the track. His quote off his in car from the Nationwide series Friday night paints a clear picture of his demeanor. After tangling with Steve Wallace for a few laps, Shrub gets on the radio and says "I don't care if I have to wreck 20 cars, I'm going to put that **** in the wall!"

Is Kyle Busch exciting to watch? Hell yes! Is he an extraordinary talent? Hell yes! Does he make dumbass moves and put his car in spots they shouldn't be? Hell yes!

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovedoc
                      A blind squirrel will always find a nut
                      I figured you'd be the first one to backpedal. Can't say that's a big shocker there Doc

Comment

I figured you'd be the first one to backpedal. Can't say that's a big shocker there Doc
                        Doc is the biggest Carmelo Anthony on this site!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                          Man oh man! I've heard some low blows, but that right there takes the cake! Poor, poor, Doc...

Comment

Yeah... I got 3 seperate bets so far?? How many you got??? 2 so far that i know?

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovedoc
                              Yeah... I got 3 seperate bets so far?? How many you got??? 2 so far that i know?

Doc, i'm in every pool this place has ever had in the last 5 years and i've made about 20 side wagers too. You have 3 wagers going in all your time here in about 400 oppurtunities!

Comment

Doc, i'm in every pool this place has ever had in the last 5 years and i've made about 20 side wagers too. You have 3 wagers going in all your time here in about 400 oppurtunities!

Disregard the pools....There are no 20 side wagers you have on this site..... nooooooooooo way

You might have side wagers in your pools, but i'm talking about Bettorschat Wagers

Comment

Working...
                                X