Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early thoughts on the big Pats/Colts matchup??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wayne1218
    Personally, and obviously i could be wrong, i think most will take the +4 or +4.5 with the defending and undefeated SB team at home. I think Vegas obviously makes the line based on public perception to keep the betting 50/50 but i also think they know alot of money will jump on Indy with a spread over 4 thinking it is too good to be true. I also believe it is and N.E. Wins by at least 10.

I saw most people here on S.D. when they played N.E. and i saw many say take the big points on MNF against Cincy and i saw many say wait until they play Dallas and many had the Cowboys big ....... Then many said 16 was too much to give a (4-2) Redskins team and they won that one by 45. They won those games without breaking a sweat and they are doing things right now that is putting them in the history books every week. Maybe i'm a Pats when and blinded by them but people want to call their shot against them every week here and go against them and the spread. They won't win or cover them all but watching this team every week has just been like nothing i've seriously never seen before.
    I agree that they are the best team I have ever watched in my lifetime in the NFL but they are 8-0 ATS aswell....something has gotta give here....are they gonna cover every game thsi season?....possibly could go undefeated but cover every game too? If there is one game they wont cover this season this one could be it but yes I also agree about Indy's defense being suspect.
    SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

IMO vegas is making us believe that this game will be close. Pats -4.5 is a joke. Just as 2 weeks ago PATS -16vs. miami was a joke and just like this week PATS -15 vs. Wash was a joke. Its how vegas is playing these PATS games and ppl continue to fall for the trap and the points and take the dog.
      NE lines arent nearly large enough and this game is exactly the same as the ones prior.

Pats -4.5 is a joke. NE should be IMO 7pt favs @ INDY this week.

final score prediction

NE 42
      Indy 17

this game wont even be close!!!!
      2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Originally posted by 10DimeBry
        IMO vegas is making us believe that this game will be close. Pats -4.5 is a joke. Just as 2 weeks ago PATS -16vs. miami was a joke and just like this week PATS -15 vs. Wash was a joke. Its how vegas is playing these PATS games and ppl continue to fall for the trap and the points and take the dog.
        NE lines arent nearly large enough and this game is exactly the same as the ones prior.

Pats -4.5 is a joke. NE should be IMO 7pt favs @ INDY this week.

final score prediction

NE 42
        Indy 17

this game wont even be close!!!!
        I've seen 5 of Indy's games and all 8 of New England's. I don't see how even a unbiased person could go against them right now. They are not just (8-0) SU & ATS ... They are absolutely fucken DRILLING teams!

Comment

I never pick on your Eagles when others are piling on and i get this?
          Boston fans are spoiled, have to give you a little shit

Comment

Originally posted by Chado1
            I agree that they are the best team I have ever watched in my lifetime in the NFL but they are 8-0 ATS aswell....something has gotta give here....are they gonna cover every game thsi season?....possibly could go undefeated but cover every game too? If there is one game they wont cover this season this one could be it but yes I also agree about Indy's defense being suspect.
            Maybe in a let down game next week or the week after they win by 10 or 14 and don't cover. There will be anything but a let down this week. The Colts are banged up and N.E. is angry. I think people should hide the wife and kids this weekend because N.E. has shown that they will not let up if they get a lead. That is another thing that would scare me if taking Indy. This game has been the focus up here for months and the Pats know it.

Comment

No other team in the NFL is either 0 - 8 or 8 - 0 ATS. Much like the Rockies you ride the horse until it throws you off!

Comment

I've seen 5 of Indy's games and all 8 of New England's. I don't see how even a unbiased person could go against them right now. They are not just (8-0) SU & ATS ... They are absolutely fucken DRILLING teams!
                I could go against them. If I was forced to bet this game I'd take Colts with no reservations.

I've seen most Pats games and a few Indy games. I have no biases for either team. My bias is my money. I was more impressed with Indy going into Jax and fucken DRILLING them then what I've seen in any Pats games. They dominated a pretty good football team and a damn good defense. I can't really say that about any of the Pats opponents.

Yesterdays, Pats/Skins game was a joke. That game finally exposed Washington. They are NOT a good team.

Comment

i agree. its crazy. And vegas knows it will get alot of INDY $$$$ so making this line look closer than the game will be is what they are again doing. ppl will take the bait and bet the colts and be pissed off come monday.
                  2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03
                    I could go against them. If I was forced to bet this game I'd take Colts with no reservations.

I've seen most Pats games and a few Indy games. I have no biases for either team. My bias is my money. I was more impressed with Indy going into Jax and fucken DRILLING them then what I've seen in any Pats games. They dominated a pretty good football team and a damn good defense. I can't really say that about any of the Pats opponents.

Yesterdays, Pats/Skins game was a joke. That game finally exposed Washington. They are NOT a good team.
                    LMAO ... Frank, buddy, you might not be biased but you certainly are blind if you don't think N.E. has dominated anyone yet this year. It is the NFL and anytime you drop 40 on a team, it is utter domination. They have done that 3 weeks in a row and scored 34 or more in all 8 games while giving up 20+ only twice. You lost me after those comments buddy

GL Stevie Wonder!

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03

P.S. I would take Dallas and San Diego over Jacksonville 8 days a week!

Comment

Maybe in a let down game next week or the week after they win by 10 or 14 and don't cover. There will be anything but a let down this week. The Colts are banged up and N.E. is angry. I think people should hide the wife and kids this weekend because N.E. has shown that they will not let up if they get a lead. That is another thing that would scare me if taking Indy. This game has been the focus up here for months and the Pats know it.
                        The one thing that we have to look at in this game is Indy's defense. They DO NOT have a good defense and now that I really think about it the Pats should win by double digits because even though Indy should be able to score too...their defense will not be able to hold down that Pats offense....also huge revenge game for the Pats after last years 2nd half collapse in that playoff game...

Comment

The one thing that we have to look at in this game is Indy's defense. They DO NOT have a good defense and now that I really think about it the Pats should win by double digits because even though Indy should be able to score too...their defense will not be able to hold down that Pats offense....also huge revenge game for the Pats after last years 2nd half collapse in that playoff game...
                          I watched the Indy game yesterday and they didn't look good at all in the whole 1st half against a very average (IMO) Vinny Testaverde/David Carr led team. They finally pulled away in the 2nd half but i wasn't impressed at all. They were leaving receivers open all day. Vinny and Carr just couldn't find them in the 2nd half. Let's see if Tom has that problem!

Comment

I hope after playing Dallas, Wash, Indy, Pitt, SD, Balt and the Giants they stop saying "there weak schedule" is why they are winning so big.

Comment

you are correct chado. this game IMO is gonna be a beatdown.
                              2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

I watched the Indy game yesterday and they didn't look good at all in the whole 1st half against a very average (IMO) Vinny Testaverde/David Carr led team. They finally pulled away in the 2nd half but i wasn't impressed at all. They were leaving receivers open all day. Vinny and Carr just couldn't find them in the 2nd half. Let's see if Tom has that problem!
                                I watched that whole game and I totally agree....taking the Pats as of now unless something changes for me....and I also agree with dimer that the 4.5 line is Vegas saying that people should take Indy hoping for a close FG type game...I'm not buying it....

Comment

Working...
                                X