Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early thoughts on the big Pats/Colts matchup??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early thoughts on the big Pats/Colts matchup??

Pats -4.5 at Indy.

Man, who would have thought the defending Super Bowl champs could be undefeated and playing at home, and still be a dog. That is probably unprecedented. I'm liking the Colts, although I'd like to have Harrison in there.

Colts

luving the Colts getting 4 1/2. NE has not played a very tough schedule and their defense can be had. Colts to win a lower scoring game than is expected.l

Comment

Give me New England minus the points. They are on a serious roll right now with the more veteran team. Colts D is young and Brady and company should pick them apart like they have everyone else this year.

N.E. 34
      Indy 24
      Last edited by bwade210; 10-29-2007, 12:07 AM.
      5* 0-0
      4* 0-0
      3* 1-0
      2* 1-0
      1* 0-1

God Bless America

To win :1* unit = $100

Comment

Total on this game??

Comment

Comment

I'll take the Colts teased with the over

Comment

i think the line speaks volumes

Comment

These are different teams than they were last year in the AFC Title game. New England had a huge lead in that game and after blowing it in the 2nd half, they still had a great shot to win it if any of the WR's could have caught a ball when they were wide open.

Last year N.E. ran out of gas on defense. They played with a WR (Troy Brown) playing DB and they were without CB Randall Gay and S Rodney Harrison. Both will play this week to sure up the pass coverage. The LB's were getting tired in that game also and N.E. went out and signed LB A. Thomas from Baltimore. Great hitter and GREAT LB in coverage against the pass. Harrison, Gay & Thomas should make a HUGE Difference being in the lineup.

The Colts on the other hand will be without 4 of their best defenders from that AFC Title game in Rob Morris, Cato June, Anthony Mcfarland and Nick Harper. Two are injured and 2 now play for other teams. Those guys were used to the Patriots and their schemes. Will the new guys miss a beat???

On offense New England had Reche Caldwell, Jabar Gaffney and Troy Brown in that game as WR's. They have replaced them with Randy Moss, Wes Welker and Donte' Stallworth. Indy had no problem playing cover 2 and single coverage against those guys last year. Will that work this time around? Good luck with that because if you don't think the 3 new WR's will cause nightmares for the Indy players and coaching staff, you are crazy.

D. Rhodes was a nice compliment last year to Addai and he led the team in rushing against N.E. with 69 yards. He too is gone and Harrison is banged up.

I know i'll be called biased here but all those changes are facts and you have to think it will play a part in Sunday's matchup. The Patriots defense and offense should be MUCH improved over last year. Can Indy say that? I'm just not sure and i too think the line speaks volumes here!
                Last edited by wayne1218; 10-29-2007, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Colts D

trust me the Colts defense is much better this year than last. The stats show it and on the field they are showing it.

Comment

Can you guys explain to me what you mean by "the line speaks volumes" ? I am assuming you mean that they are favored by 4.5 on the road vs. another undeafted team because of how dominant the Pats are but could you please elaborate on that comment?

SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Originally posted by molta02
                      i think the line speaks volumes
                      I don't think the line speaks ANYTHING

IMO Vegas has adjusted the line to represent the publics desire for favorites and all the hype the Patriots are getting.

Comment

Originally posted by Chado1
                        Can you guys explain to me what you mean by "the line speaks volumes" ? I am assuming you mean that they are favored by 4.5 on the road vs. another undeafted team because of how dominant the Pats are but could you please elaborate on that comment?

hands down new england is the better team with their new recieveing core they should dominate both sides of the ball............................peyton will score but brady and co wont be stopped period
                        rjeremy for my accounts manager/i love how he keeps numbers

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03
                          I don't think the line speaks ANYTHING

IMO Vegas has adjusted the line to represent the publics desire for favorites and all the hype the Patriots are getting.
                          I think most will be on Indy!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                            I think most will be on Indy!
                            No way!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                              I know i'll be called biased
                              What would give you that idea? lol

Comment

Working...
                              X