X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have enough separate forums as it is imo. The Mods do a great job of getting the useless/worthless threads moved to non-gambling or wherever they need to go. I think if you could refrain from taking these jabs at GG things would be a lot smoother. Go read through all the threads in all sports and you will not find much of what you're talking about outside of yours and GG's threads imo.

Comment

kb

[QUOTE=kbsooner21;1597796]We have enough separate forums as it is imo. The Mods do a great job of getting the useless/worthless threads moved to non-gambling or wherever they need to go. I think if you could refrain from taking these jabs at GG things would be a lot smoother.

Go read through all the threads in all sports and you will not find much of what you're talking about outside of yours and GG's threads imoQUOTE]

why don't you take the time to go ahead and do that KB....you'll find quite a few useless threads, not relating to picks in the AS Disc. Forum....

yesterday.

David Ortiz wants season-long ban

Is this just a myth??

Bills RB Lynch arrested on felony gun charge

Phelps won't be charged

these are a few....there's always some useless BS thread about non Sports related Picks going on in here.....

and by the way, didn't you and a couple of felows on here go at for a while in the All Sports Discussion Forum....

It's not just me and GG, don't try and play that Trump card....you've had your share, and so has many others.....

I stayed completely out of your arguments with others and never offered an opinion either way...

Don't try and create just me and GG as the provokers here....

and, my Idea would clean up the Picking/Kapping area to expedite seeing who's on what.....

and what's worse, another separate forum or weeding through a clutterd up one......

Gives one a choice of where one wants to go, not try to evade BS to see the Picks/Kaps....IMO

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

I was just questioning the change. No need to bring up my past arguments.

I think people see the following threads:

Is this just a myth??

Phelps won't be charged,

and realize that there won't be any picks in there as opposed to a thread titled, "Picks for Tuesday."

It's just my opinion that there doesn't need to be a change is all.

Comment

[QUOTE=Kaptain;1597802]
          Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
          We have enough separate forums as it is imo. The Mods do a great job of getting the useless/worthless threads moved to non-gambling or wherever they need to go. I think if you could refrain from taking these jabs at GG things would be a lot smoother.

Go read through all the threads in all sports and you will not find much of what you're talking about outside of yours and GG's threads imoQUOTE]

why don't you take the time to go ahead and do that KB....you'll find quite a few useless threads, not relating to picks in the AS Disc. Forum....

yesterday.

Is this just a myth??

Phelps won't be charged

these are a few....there's always some useless BS thread about non Sports related Picks going on in here.....

and by the way, didn't you and a couple of felows on here go at for a while in the All Sports Discussion Forum....

It's not just me and GG, don't try and play that Trump card....you've had your share, and so has many others.....

I stayed completely out of your arguments with others and never offered an opinion either way...

Don't try and create just me and GG as the provokers here....

and, my Idea would clean up the Picking/Kapping area to expedite seeing who's on what.....

and what's worse, another separate forum or weeding through a clutterd up one......

Gives one a choice of where one wants to go, not try to evade BS to see the Picks/Kaps....IMO
          Some of those threads I started, because the day or days were slow so I added them to get things going talk wise.

As for seperating the picks thread from all sports discussion. Do you really think that in an all picks section no one is going to talk about the picks a person posts? Their not going to come in there wishing gl or saying things like I'm on that play as well. Or start talking about how the pick should have covered etc. Then that means we as mods have to keep coming in there telling people this is only a picks section so talk about the actual picks of a particular poster in the all sports section.

And now regarding the all sports section if someone starts bashing or talking negative about ones picks up there is that not going to lead to arguments?

The all sports discussion was cut down to one post for all of a particular persons plays per day.

Comment

Personally, i like it how it is. All Sports Discussion basically covers all sports related topics/discussions and all member picks in various sports. Those 2 things are 99% of what the people come here for. Most of the other forums are a graveyard to be honest. I try posting polls or non gambling stories and nothing gets any views or action. You post in all sports and BOOM, there is the action.

I don't think there is a need for yet another forum when 9 of the 10 we have are already quiet. I also think it would be somewhat of a pain in the ass bouncing between the 2 forums. As it is, i go days sometimes without looking at some forums and some havn't had any posts in days.

As long as we move the stuff that is not picks or sports related from all sports to it's rightful forum, i think it is good as is. In a perfect world, people would put their threads in the right forum to begin with but since most live in All Sports Discussion, that ends up being where they post everything.

I've seen other forums. I do not go to them very often at all but i see some who have a different forum for each sport. I HATE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!

You are going to 5 forums to get or post info? Funk that!

I like how this one is and i guess i like being different!
            Last edited by wayne1218; 02-17-2009, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
              Personally, i like it how it is. All Sports Discussion basically covers all sports related topics/discussions and all member picks in various sports. Those 2 things are 99% of what the people come here for. Most of the other forums are a graveyard to be honest. I try posting polls or non gambling stories and nothing gets any views or action. You post in all sports and BOOM, there is the action.

I don't think there is a need for yet another forum when 9 of the 10 we have are already quiet. I also think it would be somewhat of a pain in the ass bouncing between the 2 forums. As it is, i go days sometimes without looking at some forums and some havn't had any posts in days.

As long as we move the stuff that is not picks or sports related from all sports to it's rightful forum, i think it is good as is. In a perfect world, people would put their threads in the right forum to begin with but since most live in All Sports Discussion, that ends up being where they post everything.

I've seen other forums. I do not go to them very often at all but i see some who have a different forum for each sport. I HATE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!

You are going to 5 forums to get or post info? Funk that!

I like how this one is and i guess i like being different!
              The best suggestion I can give is to let Vols fan trade his Survivor pick from Jamie McMurray to Matt Kenseth

Comment

I'm new here and maybe shouldn't make a suggestion until I've paid my dues.

Football: Two threads...one for college and one for NFL. Maybe you have done
                this in the past and I just don't know. Football will rock here my friends...count on
                it because I do. I make MONEY on football year in and year out. I will help anyway
                I can to help make this the place to be including contest for members.

I'm new here but like this place. Small is not bad.....small can be good. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucus Tibbs View Post
                  I'm new here and maybe shouldn't make a suggestion until I've paid my dues.

Football: Two threads...one for college and one for NFL. Maybe you have done
                  this in the past and I just don't know. Football will rock here my friends...count on
                  it because I do. I make MONEY on football year in and year out. I will help anyway
                  I can to help make this the place to be including contest for members.

I'm new here but like this place. Small is not bad.....small can be good. Thanks.
                  Lucas most of the college and pro football games are on different days so i dont think its a real big deal, except towards the end of the year when you may get some Thursday night crossovers and Sat night and maybe a Monday MAC game but those are all towards the end prob 75% of the games are different days so they are easy to find and seperate. Thats just my opinion.

Comment

Thanks Coach....we know you and you have earned our respect. Football is
                    OUR (my) love and passion. We all can create something fun and special here
                    at CT if we try. Screw the negative authors who drive posters off. Come football,
                    I will bring posters......count on it and they will be good football people.

We know the good guys and Coach....you are one of them....thanks Bud.

Comment

Thanks Coach....we know you and you have earned our respect. Football is
                      OUR (my) love and passion. We all can create something fun and special here
                      at CT if we try. Screw the negative authors who drive posters off. Come football,
                      I will bring posters......count on it and they will be good football people.

We know the good guys and Coach....you are one of them....thanks Bud.

Lucus a couple of questions....What is CT? And who are you speaking of in your plural language, we,our,they?

just curious, thanks
                      Nothing is as far away as one minute ago.

Comment

Jake, appreciate the question.

WE..are a group of guys who have fun playing sports and the stock market.
                        We have a habit of winning and having fun, Mean no disrespect to anyone.
                        WILL NOT....be insulted by MODORATORS who can't find a job in the open
                        market.

Thanks Bud and let's try to help each other to win. GODDAMN, what are
                        we all striving for.

Let the jr. high guys have their silly fun.

Comment

market.

we all striving for.

???

Comment

market.

we all striving for.

Well. I don't see where he insulted you and to let you know I know wayne personally and he does have a job in the open market, we work at the same company and he's been there for years and he is well out of school now. (He's not as old as spark though.)
                            As I can see spark already already showed you the door....that was quick!

Good luck with the boys at CT.
                            Nothing is as far away as one minute ago.

Comment

Is it me or did that get really weird really fast....LOL

Mods i do have a sugestion about a new forum how about a MMA/Boxing forum just gets kind of difficult to find guys picks sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by FB Coach13 View Post
                                Is it me or did that get really weird really fast....LOL

Mods i do have a sugestion about a new forum how about a MMA/Boxing forum just gets kind of difficult to find guys picks sometimes.
                                I agree that was some weird fucked up shit for sure..

In regards to the MMA forum I dont think it will work. I asked for a hockey forum last year and they created one however it was just my thread and me talking to myself in there so they got rid of it..
                                SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X