This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
    I would like to see post like this go away.I know Bill is just trying to get a rise out of KB but my point is,is if we have so many members why do people keep fucking with the same guys and nothing ever gets done.Example:
    Billmill vs KB
    KB vs Kaz
    Kaz vs KB
    GG vs Kapt
    Kapt vs GG
    Wayne vs Chado (Wayne has put up with alot on this one I will give him credit)
    Chado vs everyone(Were all a little hard on a loyal member I will be the first to admit)
    and so on and so on.I hope I aint the only one that noticed that alot of old members are posting less and less and now we have Kapt leaving who SHOULD be one of the most respected guys on here.It's like a bar (site) that you always go to and then new ownership takes over and people there don't know your name.Well,you find another bar (site).i hope alot of us don't start looking for other bars(site).
    BIG WIENER,I would like to give you some major props.During politics he felt strong and gave his opinion but always did it in a respectful way.He plays his games(not hyped) and flys under the radar.We(as members to a hell of a group) need alot more of him and less of the shit thats going on these days.Just an ole rednecks opinion which probably don't mean much but to alot of us this site means more than alot of you know.

This exemplifies many of the members feelings that have been around the site. I know several who do not post here but do lurk for info. Their comments as observers are constantly positive concerning Big Weiner and Kapt. Coverboy, Wayne, Spark, and some of the hot cappers are also appraised highly.
    The problem with the site is the drama. Yes, allow each member a say but once it gets negative and the member shows his ass, then the site suffers credibility. Placing one member in favor over another may be wrong, but at least make a decision of who is instigating the problem and give em a cooling off period. Thats what coaches do. Kudos for what you have done as moderators !!

Bryce, Beerball, Vinnie Vegas, meiken, moondog, Spark and Baseball Dave have extended their well wishes to me by email, when I was going thru a rough time with my Mom. I am very grateful for the commeraderie that the site has.
    My only dig is the negativity and the words in a thread heading that says hugh, big, etc. The latter gets me because it suggests that one wishes to gain as many viewers as possible and draw attention. This creates problems and then more negativity. It becomes a pissing match instead of what we should be concentrating on - like winning money.
    Less fluff and more stuff!
    I wish the site continued success!
    Last edited by Spearit; 01-07-2009, 09:42 AM.
    "The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice.

Comment

Originally posted by BillMill71 View Post
      I am not argueing with anyone, just goofing with KB, but Ok, I won't bust his balls if you and others are so sensitive about it.
      Fuck off!

All kidding aside, I dish out a lot of shit so I expect to get it back in return. No big deal to me. It's all in good fun

What I do have a problem with are the folks who wanted to talk shit and tell my to mind my own business when I'm looking out for the members here when it comes to touts and frauds. I'm not going to name any names, but there were a few people who really pissed me off about that, acting like I had another agenda.

I've met a lot of great people here, I come here to have a good time and a few laughs. I like to think everyone is here to help share information and good picks and we all win money. Lately it seems like it has become a big pissing match and a contest when we are really all in this together. There are some big ego's here, just like we deal with in everyday life and I wish these people would just act like they've done it before I guess and keep it in check a little bit, but hey, everyone's different and they will act how they want to act.

I just wish to keep all the good picks and info coming and bury the man!

Good luck to us all in 09'!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spearit View Post
        This exemplifies many of the members feelings that have been around the site. I know several who do not post here but do lurk for info. Their comments as observers are constantly positive concerning Big Weiner and Kapt. Coverboy, Wayne, Spark, and some of the hot cappers are also appraised highly.
        The problem with the site is the drama. Yes, allow each member a say but once it gets negative and the member shows his ass, then the site suffers credibility. Bryce, Beerball, Vinnie Vegas, meiken, moondog, Spark and Baseball Dave have extended their well wishes to me by email, when I was going thru a rough time with my Mom. I am very grateful for the commeraderie that the site has.
        My only dig is the negativity and the words in a thread heading that says hugh, big, etc. The latter gets me because it suggests that one wishes to gain as many viewers as possible and draw attention. This creates problems and then more negativity. It becomes a pissing match instead of what we should be concentrating on - like winning money.
        Less fluff and more stuff!
        I wish the site continued success!
        Your 100% correct about all those guys.I just used BW cause we had some heated discussions during the election but at no time was it disrespectful out of either of us and we spoke our mind and then went on about our business.Thats all I want is someone to speak there minds,hell argue for a while if you need to but once your told to stop,or your told to read the new attachment about bashing and then you continue to bash then ban his ass to get his and everyone elses attention.

Comment

.Kapt and GG both should have been banned for at least a day after they have been asked many times to stop bitching at each other and they continue to do it.Now one of them leaves cause he's pissed off and what good does that do..

and you do not think they would leave if we were to ban them for a day??? Look what happened just on closing a thread ,,,,
          Last edited by Spark; 01-07-2009, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post
            and you do not think they would leave if we were to ban them for a day??? Look what happened just on closing a thread ,,,,
            It's like business Spark,You can't set rules and then not abide by them cause someone might leave.If 4 people leave but 8 sign up because it's not a bitching/ego fest then I think it's worth it.Yall asked for our suggestions and I made it and now I wished I would have just kept my mouth shut.This place was good before me and it will be good without me.So I will just get my picks and let you and everyone else handle the drama.

Comment

I say ban any people who has a GOY or MONSTER game every week. It's sick to me

Comment

.This place was good before me and it will be good without me.So I will just get my picks and let you and everyone else handle the drama.
                You see, that's were you are wrong ...

This place would not be good without you ... Someone like you is very important to us ...

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post
                  You see, that's were you are wrong ...

This place would not be good without you ... Someone like you is very important to us ...
                  Thanks spark.I guess it's just the southern in me that hopes everyone just gets along and has fun.You guys do a hell of a job and I hope you know I really wasn't taking a shot at you but just got frustrated when the Kapt left.I'm sure you didn't like it either so all we can hope for is the best and move on.

Comment

This is the way I see it and what the hell do I know ( I eat cupcakes while I drink Heinekens).

There are too many trying to get their threads viewed by posting outrageous titles. Like Spear said, it has become a pissing contest, to see who can outdo the other, via title, record, views or whatever. Many members keep their titles simple everyday and are beating the hell out of the books yet they are overshadowed by bullshit.

I dont bet on sports (except horseracing) and I do not know the extent of Kaptain leaving for who knows how long, but man, he is a very big piece of this Bettorschat pie (along with others) and will be sorely missed.
                    He who wears diaper knows his shit - Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat View Post
                      on how to improve BettorsChat
                      How could you improve the Best Darn Cappers Site on the Web

OFFER FREE CHICKS and BEER on Fridays

Oh,and ban Rj

gl SirMonte

Comment

Originally posted by BillMill71 View Post
                        I would like to suggest closing the Nascar Forum. With no activity and only KBSooner posting. My suggestions are as follows:

A Recipe Forum
                        or
                        A Landscaping Forum
                        or
                        An Interior Design Forum

Because talking about water boiling, grass growing or paint drying, would all be more exciting then learning about Robby Gordon in Dakar.

Comment

I don't think the "Search" feature is working anymore???

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
                            I don't think the "Search" feature is working anymore???
                            It works its just slow

Comment

My bad, I just realized my dumbass was going all the way to the bottom option to "search modules/ search blog" instead of the advanced search option on the "search forums."

Comment

think all the useless threads are the things that create trouble.....

Should be an

ALL SPORTS DISCUSSION forum for these kind of threads....

and a

ALL SPORTS PICKS FORUM, with the first post containg the PICKS.....and leave it at that....discuss PICKS and PICKS only.....

That way one could go to the PICKS FORUM for Picks, and avoid the BS in the DISCUSSION FORUM, and if one wanted to get in on the BS and GOSSIP, and name calling, then one can go there....

KEEP THE 2 SEPARATE....Just a suggestion....would smooth a lots of things out......IMO....

Let the KAPPERS KAP (in the PICKS FORUM), and the GOSSIPERS, BULL SHITTERS, WHINERS, do their thing in the DISCUSSION FORUM....

In the PICK FORUM, the first post MUST contain a pick, not solicitation of ideas as to who to play....that goes in Disc sect.....

PROS....Kappers can go in without a bunch of BS, show picks, makes it easier for others to follow, monitor, without weeding through all the useless threads, whining about bad beats, stories re their personal lives, etc....

CONS...one would have to go to BOTH threads to keep up with the PICKS and the USELESS GOSSIP, WHINING, and BS.....that would be one's choice to see both, not be FORCED to cause it's all cluttered up in front of you....

When one chooses to go to the DISC FORUM, it's his prerogative, and he chose to get in on the GOSSIP....

GIVE us a choice....I say it will simplify things, mitigate arguments, and make the PICK FORUM must easier to scan through....

WHY can't this be done.....If there's a reason, please enlighten me....

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Working...
                                X