X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jcindaville View Post
    Wayne,

Lets say this

You deliver wine and spirits, you drive the same route each day and make your deliveries. You make $100,000 a year doing this. The route is set up by your boss. Your boss is currently paying other delivery drivers 500,000 a year for doing the same job you are doing, you learn that they take short cuts and dont stay on the roads the boss says.

You start taking short cuts because now you can deliver 3 times as much and now you make 500,000 a year. The only down side is that if you get caught, you have to go back to following the rules and get your pay deducted for a very brief time.

Wayne, you wouldnt do that??

If you wouldnt, then my hats off to you, if i could increase my wage 5 times and not hurt anyone besides myself, i would certainly consider it.

Do i wish Baseball would do something about it...... hell yes i do. I think they should be banned for life.... But thats not the rule, so why do you think anyone wouldnt do it???

there is no real penalty for cheating, so if there is no real penalty they will keep cheating.

who makes the rules.... most times its the employer(owner)
    so if they want to do something about it, then shut up and do something about it
    Believe it or not JC, I worry about myself at work and nobody else. I really don't care who makes more or less than me. If I do my job and do it well, I get rewarded every year with a raise. I really don't concern myself with others.

I know guys who have stolen at work and done things to make extra money. I've seen some get caught and fired over it and some that were not. I choose not to do it. My job isn't worth losing over it and the extra cash would come at a cost because it would add a ton of stress to my life always wondering if I was seen or if tomorrow the party is over and i'm done working there. This way, I stress over nothing at work because I give myself nothing to stress about.

I certainly don't blame the owner of my company for the people who steal. Why would I? Those guys get what they deserve IMO

Comment

Not saying you are getting angry about it either
      Questions, comments, complaints:
      [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
        Believe it or not JC, I worry about myself at work and nobody else. I really don't care who makes more or less than me. If I do my job and do it well, I get rewarded every year with a raise. I really don't concern myself with others.

I know guys who have stolen at work and done things to make extra money. I've seen some get caught and fired over it and some that were not. I choose not to do it. My job isn't worth losing over it and the extra cash would come at a cost because it would add a ton of stress to my life always wondering if I was seen or if tomorrow the party is over and i'm done working there. This way, I stress over nothing at work because I give myself nothing to stress about.

I certainly don't blame the owner of my company for the people who steal. Why would I? Those guys get what they deserve IMO

You would blame the owner if they stole and he did nothing
        [email protected]

Comment

You would blame the owner if they stole and he did nothing
          I've never met an owner that didn't fire someone for stealing. That's why this doesn't really compare because MLB Owners can't do that. I'm sure the Yankees would love to fire AROD too but it can't happen. Their hands are tied JC and I just don't think it is as simple as we wish it was.

Comment

I don't know if we can really blame the owners completely but I see JC's point especially about the punishment. IMO the only real puishment these guys are getting are not being invited to the Hall of Fame. And these guys don't give a fuck. They are getting their money and fame and they need PED's to keep up. You think Sosa was a Hall of Famer before he shot up and hit all them home runs. Fuck no. These guys only care about the $$$$. Start kicking them out of baseball like they did Pete Rose and I bet this shit drops of a good bit.

Comment

I've never met an owner that didn't fire someone for stealing. That's why this doesn't really compare because MLB Owners can't do that. I'm sure the Yankees would love to fire AROD too but it can't happen. Their hands are tied JC and I just don't think it is as simple as we wish it was.
              Their hands aren't tied Wayne, they write the contract, they pay money. They don't want to be taken to the cleaners then don't give GUARANSHEED contracts to their players.
              [email protected]

Comment

Their hands aren't tied Wayne, they write the contract, they pay money. They don't want to be taken to the cleaners then don't give GUARANSHEED contracts to their players.
                It's called a player's union. Owners hands are tied. You want butts in the seats? Gotta pay to get players. Pretty simple.

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
                  It's called a player's union. Owners hands are tied. You want butts in the seats? Gotta pay to get players. Pretty simple.
                  How did football do it with out giving GUARANSHEED contracts?

Comment

That's simple too club. The union agreed to the structure they have in football. Basketball and hockey are just like MLB. To ignore the players union and say their hands are not tied? That seriously makes no sense.

Comment

Everyone would love to have it the way jc sees it, except for the players and you can't force a union to do anything. If you try to, they will get tagged with collusion again. It just isn't as simple as some make it out to be. And blaming anybody but Braun for doing what HE did is a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by ToDaClub View Post
                        How did football do it with out giving GUARANSHEED contracts?
                        Exactly!!
                        [email protected]

Comment

That's simple too club. The union agreed to the structure they have in football. Basketball and hockey are just like MLB. To ignore the players union and say their hands are not tied? That seriously makes no sense.
                          Makes no sense to you
                          [email protected]

Comment

Everyone would love to have it the way jc sees it, except for the players and you can't force a union to do anything. If you try to, they will get tagged with collusion again. It just isn't as simple as some make it out to be. And blaming anybody but Braun for doing what HE did is a joke.
                            Who gives a fuck
                            [email protected]

Comment

And guess what guys, even in football, the sport with non guaranteed contracts, people get busted and banned every year for ped's. if you think non guaranteed contracts change that, you are dillusional.

Comment

Who gives a fuck
                                Many do. Turn on the radio or tv or open a newspaper

Comment

Working...
                                X