X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COULDN'T agree more his ass cant be coaching this sat

Comment

my 2 cents.

first off. this Asshole should be put in jail for the rest of his life. If it were me i'd put a bullet in his head.

as far as Penn st goes. Everyone should be fired. Top to bottom. AD, joe pa School president all the coaching staff everyone. No questions asked.

my question is where is the NCAA on this?

IMO the Ncaa should immediately cancel the rest of the Penn St football season.
      Kick them out of Big Ten permanently. Ban them from participating in any sports activities until this case is resolved. Then once it is resolved toss out penn st football
      for atleast 20-30yrs minimum if not lifetime ban.

SMU gets the "death penalty" for illegal recruiting .....WTF does covering up this get??? IMO no more football program ever.

Someone needs to get to the tools at ESPN and tell them Penn st v. Wisky shouldnt be televised. Of course they will show the game ....all they care about is ratings.
      2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

By Gregg Doyel
        CBSSports.com National Columnist

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- It's like Penn State didn't understand how bad, how big, this scandal was until Tuesday morning.

As of mid-morning, the school was planning to hold its regular press conference -- it has one every Tuesday of game week -- with coach Joe Paterno. Emails were sent out to media members with satellite coordinates for live TV shots. Directions to the conference room inside Beaver Stadium were provided. So was an advisory that "the primary focus ... is to answer questions related to Penn State's Senior Day game with Nebraska this Saturday."

In other words, don't ask about that pesky little scandal, the one involving the legendary former defensive coordinator who has been charged with sexually abusing eight children over the course of several years while the school -- the vice president, the athletics director, the football coach himself -- failed to report what it knew about the alleged abuse to the police.

Don't ask. Because Penn State won't tell. But hey, how about that Nebraska running game?

That was the Penn State plan, because Penn State's head is in the sand, the same place it's been since the first allegation against Jerry Sandusky was raised in 1998.

That was the plan. But it's not what happened, because at about 11:45 a.m. Tuesday a Penn State official took a look at the circus setting up outside Beaver Stadium and saw something the school obviously wasn't prepared to see: Hundreds of media members lined up, waiting to get into the conference room, waiting to aim microphones and cameras at Joe Paterno and ask him what he knew, when he knew it and why he thought doing the legal minimum -- reporting to his supervisor a graphic, eye-witness allegation of sexual abuse against Sandusky in one of the football program's showers -- was all that was required.

Regulars for Paterno's weekly press conference told me a normal turnout is between 15 and 25 media members, depending on the game. This being Nebraska week, we'll go on the upper end of that and project a crowd of 25. By 11 a.m., almost 90 minutes before the press conference was to begin, there were about 150 people in line. I know, because I showed up at 11 and I was No. 150. Within 20 minutes, there were 25 or 30 more people behind me, and they were still coming.

And then, suddenly, the line dissolved and we were all rushing forward, toward the stadium gates, where a man in a suit was standing imperiously, saying that a Penn State spokesman had an announcement to make. That spokesman, assistant athletics director Jeff Nelson, walked toward the throng of reporters with a grim look on his face and a piece of paper in his hand. He proceeded to read from the paper:

"Due to the ongoing legal circumstances centered around the recent allegations and charges," Nelson read aloud, "we have determined that today's press conference cannot be held and will not be rescheduled."

Then he distributed the statement to the media, me included, as we stood there in stunned silence. This can't be happening, right? That's what we were thinking. Penn State didn't just find a way -- sorry, another way -- to make this worse for itself, did it?

By golly, yes Penn State did. Instead of letting Paterno face questions, or even make a statement -- say something, anything, to let the world know that Paterno regrets being part of a system that allowed an alleged pedophile to roam State College for nearly a decade -- the school hid. Paterno hid. Nothing to see here, folks. Kindly go home. But remember, big game on Saturday!

Throw Tuesday's cowardice on the pile of bad decisions Penn State has made throughout this scandal, starting of course with the decision in 2002 to not report to police the allegations of Sandusky's shower molestation of a young boy. Since then, Penn State's AD (Tim Curley) and senior vice president (Gary Schultz) have been charged with failing to report the alleged assault and also with lying to a grand jury about it. Also since then, Penn State president Graham Spanier has put out a statement showing more support and care for Curley and Schultz than for the alleged victims. Also since then, Paterno has put out a self-serving statement that suggested he had no way of knowing in 2002 what Sandusky was allegedly capable of doing.

It has been one affront to decency after another for a school facing the darkest crisis in its history. This might even be the darkest crisis in the history of college athletics -- whether the school knows it or not.

And I'm not sure Penn State knows it. The school seems distracted by the big game Saturday. Nebraska's coming to town. Go Nittany Lions.
        [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

Originally posted by shoeman530 View Post
          Why didn't he beat the shit out of that sick fuck right then?
          You know why he didn't because he was a grad assistant and wanted a job as a coach. I don't think it is necessarily a coincidence that this guy is still employed as a football coach at Penn State.

Comment

just plain sicking words cant describe this mess...............penn state needs to clean house
            rjeremy for my accounts manager/i love how he keeps numbers

Comment

Originally posted by ravenmaniac View Post
              You know why he didn't because he was a grad assistant and wanted a job as a coach. I don't think it is necessarily a coincidence that this guy is still employed as a football coach at Penn State.
              No doubt thats why he's a football coach at Penn State. What better way to shut the guy up? All these guys are fucked up and I hope they pay big time for what they have done to protect their precious football program. CBS reporting number of victims is already up to 20. We'll never know how many victims are out there.

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
                You ain't fucking kidding Wayne. As a father of two boys this story sickens me as bad as any I ever heard. How the fuck does he not beat the shit out of that dude when he saw that. I know 100% that any of us here would have beat that fuckers ass on the spot. Yet these fuckers walk away. Unreal!!!
                I agree. i dont care how big the guy was. My rage and anger would kick in. i would do my best to beat him til he lay motionless. I would have no mercy. Just like he had for these kids. Id prolly be arrested for murder but i wouldnt care.
                Last edited by 10DimeBry; 11-08-2011, 08:34 PM.
                2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Sandusky should be hung by his balls until they are ripped off this POS.
                  NBA is a joke

Comment

Comment

This is so sick ...

November 8, 2011

Sandusky Grand Jury Report

Total People in Discussion: 73

Categories:

Jerry    I wrote Monday about my disinchantment with the statement of Penn State Coach Joe Paterno about his passive role in what appears to have been a coverup of a horrendous sexual assault in the football team's locker room. I was shocked at some of the reaction, which among other things blamed the media for making a big deal of this, in effect called his critics Monday morning quarterbacks  and suggested that Paterno was the equivalent of a "middle manager" quite properly reporting allegations of wrongdoing to his superiors.

As I responded in the Comments to that post, Joe Paterno is no middle-manager. He might be -- or at least was then -- the most powerful person on the Penn State campus. According to the grand jury report,  one of his graduate assistants came to his home, with his father, to tell him that he saw former coach Jerry Sandusky having anal sex with a 10-year-old boy in the shower of the team locker room. This was the same Sandusky who had been investigated for allegations of child abuse a few years before, although no charges had been filed.

ANY response other than "You need to call the police and tell them what you saw. Here's the phone" is unacceptable. Read the report below. Can you really justify NOT calling the police?

Instead, according to grand jury testimony and Paterno's own statement to the public, he summoned Athletic Director Tim Curley to his home the next day, told him about this and had nothing further to do with it. Curley and Senior Vice President for Finance and Business Gary Schultz eventually got around to calling the grad assistant -- Mike McQueary, now the team's wide receiver coach -- in to hear what he had to say. They're charged both with failing to report what they heard to police and with lying to the grand jury about what they did. Meanwhile, according to the charges against him, Sandusky was free to assault more boys in the years to come. There's no indication that Paterno and McQueary pursued it any further.

I put a link to the grand jury report in the comments yesterday, but just to make everyone knows exactly what we're talking about, here's the part relating to Paterno. If you don't think it's abundantly clear, if all this is true, that he and McQueary should have done much more to protect this boy and future victims -- how about McQueary stopping the assault that first night? -- I'd love to hear why.

On March 1, 2002, a Penn State graduate assistant ("graduate assistant who was then 28 years old, entered the locker room at the Lasch Football Building on the University Park Campus on a Friday night near the beginning of Spring Break.

The graduate assistant, who was familiar with Sandusky, was going to put some newly purchased sneakers in his locker and get some recruiting tapes to watch. It was about 9:30 p.m. As the graduate assistant entered the locker room doors, he was surprised to find the lights and showers on. He then heard  slapping sounds.He believed the sounds to be those of sexual activity. As the graduate assistant put the sneakers in his locker, he looked into the shower. He saw a naked boy, Victim 2, whose age he estimated to be 10 years old, with his hands up against the wall, being subjected to anal intercourse by a naked Sandusky. The graduate assistant was shocked but noticed that both Victim 2 and Sandusky saw him. The graduate assistant left immediately, distraught.

The graduate assistant went to his office and called his father, reporting to him what he had seen. His father told the graduate assistant to leave the building and come to his home. The graduate assistant and his father decided that the graduate assistant had to report what he had seen to Coach Joe Paterno ("Paterno"), head football coach of Penn State. The next morning, a Saturday, the graduate assistant telephoned Paterno and went to Paterno's home, where he reported what he had seen.

Joseph V. Paterno testified to receiving the graduate assistant's report at his home on a Saturday morning. Paterno testified that the graduate assistant was very upset. Paterno called Tim Curley ("Curley"), Penn State Athletic Director and Paterno's immediate superior, to his home the very next day, a Sunday, and reported to him that the graduate assistant had seen Jerry Sandusky in the Lasch Building showers fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy.

Approximately one and a half weeks later, the graduate assistant was called to a meeting with Penn State Athletic Director Curley and Senior Vice President for Finance and Business Gary Schultz ("Schultz"). The graduate assistant reported to Curley and Schultz that he had witnessed what he believed to be Sandusky having anal sex with a boy in the Lasch Building showers. Curley and Schultz assured the graduate assistant that they would look into it and determine what further action they would take. Paterno was not present for this meeting.

The graduate assistant heard back from Curley a couple of weeks later. He was told that Sandusky's keys to the locker room were taken away and that the incident had been reported to The Second Mile. The graduate assistant was never questioned by University Police and no other entity conducted an investigation until he testified in Grand Jury in December, 2010. The Grand Jury finds the graduate assistant's testimony to be extremely credible.

By the way, Penn State President Graham Spanier announced that Curley and Schultz have his "unconditional support." In my opinion, he should lead Paterno and McQueary out the door.

Comment

Sandusky will get his in prison. They are waiting on him.

Comment

Paterno said that he wil retire at the end of the season.
                          Why should he set the terms of this just because he has been around forever?
                          He is no different that anyone else and imo he ought to be given the option to resign today or be fired if he does not!

Comment

If that is how they are handling him .... what a fuckin joke. Absolute cowards at that college!

Comment

It's obvious football is more important to them than children's lives. As they are in contention for a Big 10 title, why wouldn't he coach? What a fucking joke!!!!

Pedophile State University is a fucking JOKE

Comment

If I had a child thinking of going to this University, I would not allow it. I don't care what their reason for wanting to go there, I would NOT allow it. The state should close down this place.

Comment

Working...
                                X