Bring Back The Kaptain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garth
    fuck you! It was just a little levity. To answer your question, I'm 55, have a very serious professional position and a life outside of BC so I can't take this bullshit all that seriously.
    I'll reiterate! GROW UP!

You're 55 and you're response is "fuck you". It certainly seems you take this BS far too serious with that reply.

Comment

Originally posted by molta02
      unfortunately, some people couldn't handle the fact he didnt like getting his threads ripped apart and his balls broken while he consistently won.
      Lots of truth to that statement.

Comment

Just saw this thread and read through it. Karl is a class guy and will feel like I lost a friend if he decided not to post anymore. He is the one guy who will give it to you straight and not BS you. I always looked forward to his post and knew they would be well written and to the point. Hope to see you post soon Kaptain!!
        Posted record as of 03/12/08:

NBA 35-33 -.22 units
        NCAA Basketball 12-14-1 -3.08 units

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckLazar
          Sorry you feel that way Frank. But I did win a survivor contest here 2 years ago and also won 2 different capping contests and Fantasy Leagues that I was in the last 2 years locally.

Frank, 80% of my bets are from spreadsheets that I get from a friend. If I posted those plays here, he wouldn't give me them any more. You should know that, because I sent you them.
          Chuck it's post like this where you lose some credibility. No one cares about unposted success. They especially care less with all the BS you've brought to BC the past year or two. All the power to you with your spreadsheet success. I truly mean it.

Comment

Originally posted by Spark
            There is nothing wrong with the rant forum ... Would you rather have us locking threads .. deleting posts ... suspending and banning ??? That does nothing for the forum .... at least this way we get to vent and say what is on our minds without calling me Hitler ..
            I dont' know shit about shit but I know when I first joined here 3 years ago, I was always excited about Frankb's posts, homer's post's, kapt's posts, and CB's posts. I don't want to speculate as to why they aren't here, but their not....and it makes me sad.
            1 = $25

MLB Posted (as of 4/15) - 20-11 +21.86

God have mercy on the man who doubts what he's sure of

Comment

Kaptain, All I can say is I understand where you are coming from but you shouldn't allow the actions and lack of class of others to take you away from a place you enjoy spending time at.

Comment

Chuck Lazar the man who taunts people for spending time on this site and claims nobody but him has a life but who at the same time begs to be reinstated when banned from this site. What am I missing her Bruce Jenner wannabe

Comment

There are zillions of sports websites out there with chat rooms. Most are pathetic.

What has separated BC is an obsession with some members to police the lies and crap of others. (I personally think this is healthy.)

If people are going to post picks and perhaps induce people to tail them, they should be honest and they should BET their picks exactly as they post them. Many people feel strongly about this, including Kaptain.

He is pissed off because one poster has been allowed to post total bullshit picks and ratings and foist them on an unsuspecting cult of groupies who don't realize he and his ratings are full of shit and that he would never bet they way he posts. That's fine, I suppose.

It's also fine for people to call him on it.

The decision for bettors chat is whether it wants to be "just another website" where hucksters are allowed to post picks.

In the end, either decision is fine by me. My own opinion is that handicappers who post picks and keep track of a record and don't hype will gain credibility from those smart enough to discern quality picks as opposed to those of an immature and childish blowhard.

On the other hand, there aren't many people here who would be uspet if a certain blowhard whose act has gotten old was finally bo8unced from here. Lord knows there are numerous other sites where he'd fit in.

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03
                    I'll reiterate! GROW UP!

You're 55 and you're response is "fuck you". It certainly seems you take this BS far too serious with that reply.
                    No, I don't take it too seriously, but I do react to personal attacks on myself and to people who take light banter too seriously by assumption-laden, preachy responses like GROW UP! . I'll reiterate my response as well. fuck you.
                    Last edited by garth; 08-23-2007, 04:39 PM.

Comment

• Nice post Gris...Ultimately though it is up to each member here to place the his or her own bet...Chuck's history is well documented throughout the forum, any newbie or vet who wants to follow a capper on here blindly is lazy and not doing there homework IMO. A member can easily use the search features on this site and get an idea of the history of the poster. As I have stated earlier, we have kinds of characters on this forum, some are great cappers, some not so great, some are funny, some not so funny, the list can go on and on The mods have a thankless job that most of us would not want to take on (except LoveDoc) and Monte has to pay the bills to keep this site up and running. Guys this is coolest FREE adult site around IMO...The Kapt knows that door will always be open to him and only he can decide what is best for him.

Comment

• I really didnt want to jump into this thread and voice my opinions but I honetsly cant resist. I can side with the Kapt in exactly where he is coming from. You guys (mods) say you have given him a final untimatum and he hasnt yet broken it but the fact the he has been given numerous "final" chances is probably why Kapt is thinking why would this time be different. How many chances can one guy get? He has disobeyed your commands before and on the 1058th time this is his final chance to see if he will break the ultimatum? That to me makes no sense. I dont know why he stays here and most peoples initial reaction would be that it CL is promotional for the site with his drama and views. Whether this is the case or not I dont know but to say that you guys have given him this ultimatum thing doesnt make sense. Kapt is a higher class individual than CL and his reasoning for leaving was stated by one of his last posts by saying that if you guys let CL stay here you are showing everyone the kind of person that is acceptable to maintain membership. You guys state that you cannot ban him for trying to defend himself but OBVIOUSLY its not specifically from that thread why he should be gone. Joe you have stated that he has pleaded to you to come back on numerous occassions and has continued to fuck up over and over so to give him an ultimatum on 1934th chance makes no sense. Kapt is probably thinking that he will just continue his antics and then suck off the mods and be back again. I can agree with Kapt with respect to that fact that why allow someone who posts a GOY that says he is putting 30 units on it and then who says he only put 10 on it, fudge his records, lie, lie, lie, and continue to be here all because of WHY? Still waiting for an answer as to why he is still here and from reading all these posts all I can make out is this ultimatum for the 1923781290th time is why he is still here? Oh that makes a lot of sense and is reasonable? I dont know I honestly dont know anymore....
                        SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

• Wow ....... Dimer, Monte could care less about views. I know that for a fact as many a poster here who used to get a TON of views were banned in a HEARTBEAT. That simply put, isn't true and has nothing to do with Monte wanting him here.

Comment

• Originally posted by wayne1218
                            Wow ....... Dimer, Monte could care less about views. I know that for a fact as many a poster here who used to get a TON of views were banned in a HEARTBEAT. That simply put, isn't true and has nothing to do with Monte wanting him here.
                            I realize that is not the reason but you guys are saying its the ultimatum thing instead...that makes no sense either.....
                            SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

• kb, I really liked that post. To me, this is really ridiculous. I like Kaptain alot and whether he stays or goes, that won't change and i do want him here ... TRULY.

frank, CB had the biggest ego i have ever seen at this forum. One thing kb wasn't is wrong on that issue. Nobody, and i mean nobody made more DEMANDS of us than that guy did. You can take everyone else and their demands combined and it didn't measure up and as soon as he wanted us to take care of a problem, he would TOTALLY go off on someone else in a thread when he truly was mistaken like with Hoosierdaddy. Neil thought we were employees of his here and that's how i felt when ultimatum's were given to us by him. I tried getting along with that guy time and time again and when i realized his ego was much bigger than even my own (yes, my own), i gave up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chado1
                                I realize that is not the reason but you guys are saying its the ultimatum thing instead...that makes no sense either.....
                                Chad, I didn't expect the guys who constantly fought with chuck like you to understand.

Comment

Working...
                                X