No announcement yet.

Manny to mets...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wayne-you are correct IF you are looking beyond this season. If somehow magically Pedro came back to the Sox right now in exchange for Manny, don't you think that the pitching staff would be vastly improved for right now(in terms of how the pitching staff is at the moment) and this season (not looking beyond this season)?

Comment

62 meaningless posts on a rumor.... ahhhhhhhhhh god!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
        I think Foulke just needs to screw his head on straight and i don't think you forget how to "Pitch" that quickly. As far as Schilling goes yes, you are right. He isn't young but my point is that taking Mannys offensive numbers from the lineup and replacing them with an aging, needy, pitcher to go WITH Schilling just doesn't make sense!

i usually agree with everything you write, but on foulke i think his problems are deeper than his head...he has lost about 4-5 mph on his as fastball and it is too close in speed to his changeup (his out pitch)...so guys can just sit back on it....i also do not buy it was his knees....a well thought out and convenient excuse.....i still hate to think of a closer with changeup as his out pitch....it seems even last year...it always got interesting with foulke on the hill....except the playoffs of course.....just do not trust him anymore

Comment

Well of course it would look good now but i'm not willing to make a move like that without replacing ANY of his offensive numbers. The team is in 1st place by 2.5 games and i'm not sure why they would do anything drastic. We never seem to lead the Division much in the last 7 years and i really think they are just creating problems at this point!

Comment

Originally posted by TwoTonTony
            i usually agree with everything you write, but on foulke i think his problems are deeper than his head...he has lost about 4-5 mph on his as fastball and it is too close in speed to his changeup (his out pitch)...so guys can just sit back on it....i also do not buy it was his knees....a well thought out and convenient excuse.....i still hate to think of a closer with changeup as his out pitch....it seems even last year...it always got interesting with foulke on the hill....except the playoffs of course.....just do not trust him anymore
            I think the knee was an excuse too. I heard of alot of personal problems and that's what i think this break is about. If you remember, Randy Johnson was questioned for quite awhile too about his velocity but it finally came around. I can't ditch him because of 3 bad months. He has had some tough saves and yes, even last year but look around. None of them are easy anymore and Schilling NEEDS to be starting! (IMO)

Comment

Working...
            X