No announcement yet.

Manny to mets...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI manny has wanted out of boston sense he signed there. Its a privacy issue. Going to NY aint going to make it any more private. If the sox are going to make a move involving manny it will be with Texas for soriano. Manny doesnt want to be in a high profile city.
    2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Originally posted by 10DimeBry
      FYI manny has wanted out of boston sense he signed there. Its a privacy issue. Going to NY aint going to make it any more private. If the sox are going to make a move involving manny it will be with Texas for soriano. Manny doesnt want to be in a high profile city.

no way in hell texas trades soriano for anything but pitching. the trade looks dead anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Vegas
        no way in hell texas trades soriano for anything but pitching. the trade looks dead anyways.

Very true, but manny i highly doubt is going to NY. If he's unhappy in boston he'll be just as unhappy in NY. And theo aint making a trade and getting A. Huff and Mike "i was good 5yrs go"Cameron for one of the top 5 hitters in baseball, no way that deal goes down.
        2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Very true, but manny i highly doubt is going to NY. If he's unhappy in boston he'll be just as unhappy in NY. And theo aint making a trade and getting A. Huff and Mike "i was good 5yrs go"Cameron for one of the top 5 hitters in baseball, no way that deal goes down.
          Yeah....but his friend Pete Martin is on the Mets now.
          Every
          Villain
          Is
          Lemons

Comment

Originally posted by rented mule

petey martin, hell of pitcher!

Comment

Originally posted by rented mule
              I got no problem with Manny going to the mets. All i'm askin for from the mets is David Wright in return. If sox could get A. Huff & D. Wright that would be fine by me. Cameron sucks and i'm telling you he wouldnt fit in boston.
              2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Theo won't be as lucky this year as he was last year when he unloaded Nomar.
                No Manny/Ortiz combo, forget it;Sox have ZERO chance to repeat!
                You CANNOT lose BOTH Pedro and Lowe and now Manny and expect to repeat;I will be very much surprised if they even make playoffs.
                Last edited by savage1; 07-29-2005, 10:07 PM.

Comment

then boston could turn around after aquiring huff & wright and trade arroyo & huff & minor league pitcher to texas for Soriano.
                  2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

then boston could turn around after aquiring huff & wright and trade arroyo & huff & minor league pitcher to texas for Soriano.

Scary...but I thought the exact same thing.

Very unlikely now though....but we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by savage1
                      Theo won't be as lucky this year as he was last year when he unloaded Nomar.
                      No Manny/Ortiz combo, forget it;Sox have ZERO chance to repeat!

i have to respectfully disagree with you here. If the sox get solid players in return for manny it can definatly work for boston. Boston needs 2nd/3rd base help bigtime. If the sox could find a way to move manny and get a solid 2nd and 3rd baseman it could work just fine.
                      2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Originally posted by TheRook
                        Scary...but I thought the exact same thing.

Very unlikely now though....but we'll see.

I really would love to see Soriano in a sox uniform. If I had a choice manny for soriano i'd make the trade in a second. Soriano puts up #'s and he steals bases. He plays hard too. Soriano was one of the few yankees i actually liked. I know he strikes out alot but hey i can live with that. A renteria/soriano middle infield would be fine by me.
                        2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2119978
                          Posted Plays

2006 NFL Record: 10-8-1 (+11.21 units)
                          5*: 1-0

2006 NCAA Football Record: 25-20 (+10.74 units)
                          5*: 0-2

Comment

yep i read that. No way no how Theo trades manny for 2 bums and gives up prospects.
                            2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

i have to respectfully disagree with you here. If the sox get solid players in return for manny it can definatly work for boston. Boston needs 2nd/3rd base help bigtime. If the sox could find a way to move manny and get a solid 2nd and 3rd baseman it could work just fine.
                              I hope you are right, but to break up probably the best 1-2 punch in baseball is a HUGE loss and will make Ortiz much less dangerous.
                              To tell you the truth whether Manny goes or not, I just don't think this team has much of a prayer for repeating anyways;this team just isn't as good as last year.

Comment

Originally posted by savage1
                                I hope you are right, but to break up probably the best 1-2 punch in baseball is a HUGE loss and will make Ortiz much less dangerous.
                                To tell you the truth whether Manny goes or not, I just don't think this team has much of a prayer for repeating anyways;this team just isn't as good as last year.

I agree with you. This team isnt the same team as last year. And ortiz/manny combo is the best 3-4 in baseball agreed. What i'm saying is manny wants out and whether or not now or sometime down the road it will effect the team. I say only move manny though if the trade is fair. Dont dump him just to move him. IMO soriano is key. If some how some way the sox could get him i would see it as a upgrade
                                2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Working...
                                X