Manny to mets...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tony Vegas
    where would they spend it now? they aren't worried about scoring b/c they still have damon, renteria, ortiz, vartiek, 'too hot' trot 'don't call me richard' nixon. they would use millar, muller, and/or huff as trade bait for bullpen help now and probably save the money. they are also hot for soriano but they would have to give up the stud pitching prospect they have, i can't think of his name.

I agree with what your saying, i'm just wondering how they justify not going after someone bigger if indeed this happens.

I think they pitcher your referring to could be AA prospect Jon Lester? 7-4 2.51 ERA 2 complete games 1 shut out and 125 K's

Comment

That was before Manny was MVP of World Series. Guy is clutch, strange but clutch. He is not going anywhere for that cheap.....Theo has never made a real bad move, I do not think he will start now....
      Joe Thorton for MVP

Comment

Originally posted by TheRook
        I agree with what your saying, i'm just wondering how they justify not going after someone bigger if indeed this happens.

I think they pitcher your referring to could be AA prospect Jon Lester? 7-4 2.51 ERA 2 complete games 1 shut out and 125 K's
        i hear ya. i just don't know who they could get besides Soriano.

that is who i was thinking of. they might also have to throw in HANLEY RAMIREZ.

Comment

Sox have 3 very good pitchers in the minors....And they signed there #1 pick Hansen out of St. John's.
          Joe Thorton for MVP

Comment

Originally posted by fats12
            That was before Manny was MVP of World Series. Guy is clutch, strange but clutch. He is not going anywhere for that cheap.....Theo has never made a real bad move, I do not think he will start now....
            Red Sox are my #2 team..I follow them pretty close....but I agree with Tony..Manny is gone. He wants out, and Theo would be CRAZY not to unload him if someone wants that salary.

Comment

Originally posted by fats12

i hear you fats. theo has been great, as much as i hate to say it. i also laughed last year when you got rid of Nomar. how did that work out for me i just think they are tired of his act. and now that he requested a trade, they could say he wanted out to avoid backlash. easy to spin a story when Manny sits out when the Sox need him and requests a trade. i think they could do better for him but theo knows what he is doing.

Comment

I'll give Omar a call and get back to you guys.
                Every
                Villain
                Is
                Lemons

Comment

i hear ya. i just don't know who they could get besides Soriano.

that is who i was thinking of. they might also have to throw in HANLEY RAMIREZ.

What about Adam Dunn? Kearns?

I don't know either...

Comment

this just in..............

A source said the Red Sox felt they could not go ahead with trading Ramirez and two prime prospects -- reportedly catcher Kelly Shoppach and right-hander Anibal Sanchez -- if all they were receiving was New York's Cameron and Tampa Bay's Huff. So they went back to the Mets "for more pieces," the source reported. At that point, the Mets "squashed the whole thing" and talks broke off.

Comment

He has wanted out 3 times. They would have to get a lot more than Cameron and Huff for that trade. Wright or Beltran would have to be part of it......Grew up 10 minutes from Fenway....I live love this team, I think it is smart to unload that contract, but you have to get value...Boston is not a wait til next year city
                      Joe Thorton for MVP

Comment

This trade is anything but done.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2119978
                        Every
                        Villain
                        Is
                        Lemons

Comment

Originally posted by rented mule
                          they just changed to that. 5 minutes ago the headline was "Shea hello to Manny"

looks dead. should have known it was too good to be true!

Comment

A source said the Red Sox felt they could not go ahead with trading Ramirez and two prime prospects -- reportedly catcher Kelly Shoppach and right-hander Anibal Sanchez -- if all they were receiving was New York's Cameron and Tampa Bay's Huff. So they went back to the Mets "for more pieces," the source reported. At that point, the Mets "squashed the whole thing" and talks broke off.

wow!

Where are you reading that? Just curious

Comment

Originally posted by TheRook
                              wow!

Where are you reading that? Just curious
                              espn.com

Comment

never mind...LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X