Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I disagree with everyone about big the big ten!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mark Richt View Post
    These are FACTS, not opinion. And to say Georgia is ranked in the top 20 every year because they are "Georgia" is rediculous. They are in the top 20 every year because they have finished in the top 25 10 out of the past 11 years. Its not rocket surgery.
    RIDICULOUS

"ROCKET SCIENCE" not surgery, no one is operating on rockets.

No offense Mark, couldn't let those two go though.

I am in agreement however that this is the 1st time in a long time OU has lived up to expectations and it just happens to fall in a year when GA came in #1 and didn't follow through
    "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

KB,you know I'm UT all the way but I also tell it like it is.I picked FLA at the beginning of the year to win the SEC cause even though I'm a fan of UT I still know how good the competetion is.Unlike myself alot of people pick the team they love in the SEC to win the National Title every year I try to look at the best team every year and here lately it aint been UT or GA.I will say this if Stafford and Moreno leave they might not make a bowl game next year.Thats how tough the SEC is.Take you guys for instance this year.OK,Texas and Texas Tech all in the same division.Well UGA,Fla and UT have been dealing with that for 15 years and on the other side Alabama,Auburn and LSU have to deal with it.You have to admit, like the big 10 winner of Mich/Ohio State usually wins the big 10,the same for you guys winner of Tex/OK game wins the Big 12.Winning one game in the Sec don't get you shit but another big game the next week.

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
        KB,you know I'm UT all the way but I also tell it like it is.I picked FLA at the beginning of the year to win the SEC cause even though I'm a fan of UT I still know how good the competetion is.Unlike myself alot of people pick the team they love in the SEC to win the National Title every year I try to look at the best team every year and here lately it aint been UT or GA.I will say this if Stafford and Moreno leave they might not make a bowl game next year.Thats how tough the SEC is.Take you guys for instance this year.OK,Texas and Texas Tech all in the same division.Well UGA,Fla and UT have been dealing with that for 15 years and on the other side Alabama,Auburn and LSU have to deal with it.You have to admit, like the big 10 winner of Mich/Ohio State usually wins the big 10,the same for you guys winner of Tex/OK game wins the Big 12.Winning one game in the Sec don't get you shit but another big game the next week.
        I will say the Big 12 is coming.If anyone out there don't think there a "MEGA" conference you are mistaken.ACC,Big 10 and Pac 10 not even close yet.

Comment

Originally posted by mavskidd02 View Post
          RIDICULOUS

"ROCKET SCIENCE" not surgery, no one is operating on rockets.

No offense Mark, couldn't let those two go though.

I am in agreement however that this is the 1st time in a long time OU has lived up to expectations and it just happens to fall in a year when GA came in #1 and didn't follow through

Wish they had spell check on this fucker. BTW-my uncle is a rocket surgeon in Huntsville, AL

Comment

Also, as anyone knows-being ranked preseason #1 is the kiss of death. I personally think they should do away with rankings until the BCS rankings come out. Who gives a shit about preseason............we talkin bout preseason.......PRESEASON. PRACTICE MAN. WE TALKIN BOUT PRACTICE

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
              I don't disagree, and I apologize as I wasn't talking about you at all, it's more of the Harold's and Richt's of the world that acts like Oklahoma and Texas would go 0-12 if they played in the SEC.
              I love when people don't have an real argument to make, so they just make shit up. Please point out where I said anything remotely close to Oklahoma and Texas going 0-12 in the SEC. I didn't knock either team, in fact I said BESIDES those two teams the Big 12 has sucked PRIOR to the last couple years. How is that saying Oklahoma sucks? That is simply stating the truth. Do you really disagree with that statement? Prior to the last few years Okl St sucked, Mizzou sucked, Kansas sucked, etc.

Oklahoma and Texas are certainly good enough to compete in the SEC and do well, no questions asked. I'm sure they would compete for the title as well. However, they would not roll through the SEC conference like they have over the past decade in the Big 12. If you think they would have had 6 conference championships in the SEC over the past decade then you are retarded. I think that is the point Richt is trying to make.

Going back to your original point about Georgia being overrated, you made a silly statement that was unfounded. That is all I was trying to point out, and successfully did that with FACTS. I also pointed out that based on subjective criteria, Oklahoma has been more overrated than Georgia over the last ten years.

I'm apparently a lot more realistic about my team and conference than you are.

Comment

I respect you, Vols, and I think you are just trying to make a point, but you must be drinking if you think Georgia isn't making a bowl game w/out Stafford and Moreno. Georgia has had top 10 recruiting classes every year since Richt has been here. We have a handful of top 5 national QB recruits just waiting their turn. At RB we will be just fine with Samuels (and King). Georgia is very young and will be just fine w/out Moreno and Stafford if they leave. I liken it to your Vols when Peyton couldn't win it all, but Tee did the following year. I honestly don't think Stafford will be missed all that much. I think he will be a better pro QB than a college QB. Games are won in the trenches, and our offensive and defensive lines are going to be STACKED next year.

Comment

Originally posted by harold_bush View Post
                  I respect you, Vols, and I think you are just trying to make a point, but you must be drinking if you think Georgia isn't making a bowl game w/out Stafford and Moreno. Georgia has had top 10 recruiting classes every year since Richt has been here. We have a handful of top 5 national QB recruits just waiting their turn. At RB we will be just fine with Samuels (and King). Georgia is very young and will be just fine w/out Moreno and Stafford if they leave. I liken it to your Vols when Peyton couldn't win it all, but Tee did the following year. I honestly don't think Stafford will be missed all that much. I think he will be a better pro QB than a college QB. Games are won in the trenches, and our offensive and defensive lines are going to be STACKED next year.
                  Not drinking tonight Harold,kinda getting a little cold.That being said,Joe Cox or any other freshman UGA throws out will look like Crompton(UT) or Kodi Burns(Auburn) next year and both those teams missed the bowls this year so I'm just saying don't be shocked.Remember I like UGA also.Here is my outlook for 2009 without stafford and marino :
                  1. @ OK State UGA Loss
                  2. South Carolina ______ Cox against Spurrier,I will let you decide
                  3. @ Arkansas UGA loss.On the road against an improved team
                  4. Arizona State UGA win
                  5. LSU UGA LOSS
                  6. @UT UGA Loss The KIFFINS.Enough said
                  7.@ Vandy UGA Win
                  8.Fla(Jacksonville) UGA loss
                  9.Tennessee Tech UGA win
                  10. Auburn ____ I will give a little edge to Auburn with Burns having a little more experience
                  11.Kentucky UGA WIn
                  12. @ Georgia Tech After this past year. UGA LOSS
                  So lets see that is 4-6 and 2 undecided.IMO like stated above,bowl game could be tough for UGA to reach

Comment

Not drinking tonight Harold,kinda getting a little cold.That being said,Joe Cox or any other freshman UGA throws out will look like Crompton(UT) or Kodi Burns(Auburn) next year and both those teams missed the bowls this year so I'm just saying don't be shocked.Remember I like UGA also.Here is my outlook for 2009 without stafford and marino :
                    1. @ OK State UGA Loss
                    2. South Carolina ______ Cox against Spurrier,I will let you decide
                    3. @ Arkansas UGA loss.On the road against an improved team
                    4. Arizona State UGA win
                    5. LSU UGA LOSS
                    6. @UT UGA Loss The KIFFINS.Enough said
                    7.@ Vandy UGA Win
                    8.Fla(Jacksonville) UGA loss
                    9.Tennessee Tech UGA win
                    10. Auburn ____ I will give a little edge to Auburn with Burns having a little more experience
                    11.Kentucky UGA WIn
                    12. @ Georgia Tech After this past year. UGA LOSS
                    So lets see that is 4-6 and 2 undecided.IMO like stated above,bowl game could be tough for UGA to reach
                    Laughable Vols fan. I hope Joe Cox is our starter because he would have started on most SEC teams this past year had it not been for Stafford. Lets put money down right now. UGA will win AT LEAST 7 games next year.
                    Also, Im happy that you are happy with your new 31 year old coach. He has good genes and it will be a plus to have his father calling the shots on the defensive side of the ball. However, he is not proven and as we have both agreed winning in the SEC EAST is very difficult. Don't break out the champagne just yet.

Comment

And please correct me if I am wrong but I did not see a whole lot in that Volunteer talent cupboard this year so unless ya'll have a handful of 5* athletes that were redshirted this year Im surprised your expectations are so high. Im sure UT will compete but I would be surprised if they finished higher than third place in the East next year.

Comment

I think it is the appropriate time to bump this to page 1....
                        Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Penn ST And Ohio State should be playing each other In the Toilet bowl and stop fucking put these bowl game

Comment

One word describes the Big Ten. "Slow"
                            MLB (2014): (3-4) -.9 units

Comment

Originally posted by SteinDallas View Post
                              Penn ST And Ohio State should be playing each other In the Toilet bowl and stop fucking put these bowl game
                              With the winner playing the Cowgirls??

ust bustin' your chops! Happy New Year, Steiner!
                              Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

USC looks pretty damn good.

Comment

Working...
                                X