Phillies Offense Offensive Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wayne1218
    Give me a fucken break jimmy. Before 2004 i followed them every year just as closely as i do now. Second place was the goal every fucken year and when they came out with the Wild Card, we all celebrated thinking we might finally make the playoffs again. All i ever heard were Yankee fans laughing daily and all i could do was take it and dream. Fuck your break, i know what it is like. Just 'cause they won, it doesn't mean i forgot what it was like waiting.
    I've been dreaming for 28 yrs...let's face it, the Phillies franchise is not Boston...they can't spend millions upon millions like Boston and they don't have a GM like Oakland or FL has...IMO, this was the year when you look at this team..the pitching has actually been really good (lately especially) and the bats are unexplainably bad. Utley hit .332 last year and is at what now, like .281...Rollins, well, what do I even say about him? Last year was obviously a career year, but c'mon, he isn't even close this year. K How hitting .230 and it's almost September...say what you want about his HRs and RBIs, but .230 is .230...Burrell is Burrell and Vic is actually exceeding expectations.

This team relies on Rollins, Utley and K How more than anybody else, and they're all having their worst year of the past 4-5.

Comment

Originally posted by LVJimmy
      let's face it, the Phillies franchise is not Boston...they can't spend millions upon millions like Boston
      They could if there ownership was smart enough...its their own fault they can't.
      Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Originally posted by Three Jack
        They could if there ownership was smart enough...its their own fault they can't.
        I agree...supposedly Philly isn't a "big-market" team in baseball, and I've never understood it.

Comment

When are you gonna admit you're wrong about every guy (except Vic) having their worst year at the plate all in the same season?
          I love how you change what the initial discussion was about every other day

Comment

Originally posted by Three Jack
            I'm pretty sure they have something like the 4th highest payroll in baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by BigMike
              I love how you change what the initial discussion was about every other day
              The initial discussion is that this team is having a horrible hitting year. Don't you agree this is one of the best Phillies (teams) on paper in a long time?

Comment

The initial discussion is that this team is having a horrible hitting year. Don't you agree this is one of the best Phillies (teams) on paper in a long time?
                I agree with whatever you say because it's too annoying not to

Comment

Originally posted by BigMike
                  I'm pretty sure they have something like the 4th highest payroll in baseball.
                  #13 actually...Mets are #4

Comment

1 hit so far tonight through 5 innings against Tim Redding. Horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by harold_bush
                      1 hit so far tonight through 5 innings against Tim Redding. Horrible.
                      No way man, according to most here, they are fine.

Idiots

Comment

The phillies have hit a Major League WORST .209 in August

Comment

I played the under 9, looked like free money but had to sweat it near the end. I love playing the NATs under, they are pathetic just like the Phillies when it comes to scoring runs.
                          NBA is a joke

Comment

The Phillies open up a can on the Dodgers and we hear nothing from Jimmy? Not even a wooohooo or good job Phils? Where is the love for your team on these nights Jimmy?

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                              The Phillies open up a can on the Dodgers and we hear nothing from Jimmy? Not even a wooohooo or good job Phils? Where is the love for your team on these nights Jimmy?
                              Chk my pick thread and you'll see...oh wait, you only read certain things

Comment

BTW, 3rd fewest runs scored in August, but this offense is great!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X