• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Durbin works magic...someone needs to pop one here

Comment

• Originally posted by LVJimmy
      Dude, if you don't know the whole story, you shouldn't comment
      Its pretty simple, you whine about your squad not hitting for average and make a comment when they dont score runs...I'm telling you I cheer for a team that really scores no runs and would never complain this much....you can find a flaw in any teams stats. Howard has a weak avg., but he leads the league in jacks and RBI's.

And the Giants do have a better avg than Philly but I'd take the Philly lineup all day over them. The Phillies are 4th in the NL in runs, and top 10 in baseball (impressive for a NL team since there's no DH)...the name of the game is putting runs on the board and they have no problem doing that so IMO there really isn't anything wrong with this offense.
      Great Day To Win

MLB 2008 (19-23-1) +3.0 units

NBA 08-09 (10-7) + 1.59 units

GOY (4-1)

Comment

• Originally posted by ELJUGO
        Its pretty simple, you whine about your squad not hitting for average and make a comment when they dont score runs...I'm telling you I cheer for a team that really scores no runs and would never complain this much....you can find a flaw in any teams stats. Howard has a weak avg., but he leads the league in jacks and RBI's.

And the Giants do have a better avg than Philly but I'd take the Philly lineup all day over them. The Phillies are 4th in the NL in runs, and top 10 in baseball (impressive for a NL team since there's no DH)...the name of the game is putting runs on the board and they have no problem doing that so IMO there really isn't anything wrong with this offense.

I whine because this lineup is severely underachieving.

DID YOU WATCH THE GAME TONIGHT...IT'S BEEN MENTIONED ABOUT 1000 TIMES.

Comment

• Lol, nice baserunning by K How!

Comment

I whine because this lineup is severely underachieving.

DID YOU WATCH THE GAME TONIGHT...IT'S BEEN MENTIONED ABOUT 1000 TIMES.
            I never expect runs in a sunday night game...the under is 1-11, now 1-12 on sunday night baseball this year when 2 NL teams play each other...Not to mention the Phillies have a sick lineup, but its not like these are a bunch of hall of famers. It's Burrell, Howard, Utley, Rollins and Victorino...They had a few good years in a tiny ballpark, not sure what whopping expectations they have set for them but maybe the bar is a little high. Like I said, they score runs so there isnt much to complain about.

Tonight they're in a pitchers duel, on sunday night baseball, in the middle of a penant race, against another good lineup that isn't doing too much, some days 3 runs is a win other days you need more. In the end, the runs per game are top 10 in baseball.
            Great Day To Win

GOY (4-1)

Comment

• A bunch of HoF'ers?

There's at least 2 in that group...how many do you want on one team?

Chk last year's #s and get back to me.

Ultey, Rollins, and K How are having their worst yrs of the last 4-5 yrs ALL THIS YEAR.

Comment

• Let's not forget Rollins went from MVP to bum in 1 year

Comment

• Not a single hall of famer on the Phillies...at least now.

I'm well aware they are having bad individual years but they are still scoring runs well above National League standards...

I'll assume Howard and Rollins would be your future hall of famers, neither of these guys are near hall of fame numbers....they also would have to produce at an incredible level for years. Hall of Famers don't often have years like this so it's hard for me to even consider them in that conversation.
                  Great Day To Win

GOY (4-1)

Comment

• Originally posted by ELJUGO
                    Not a single hall of famer on the Phillies...at least now.

I'm well aware they are having bad individual years but they are still scoring runs well above National League standards...

I'll assume Howard and Rollins would be your future hall of famers, neither of these guys are near hall of fame numbers....they also would have to produce at an incredible level for years. Hall of Famers don't often have years like this so it's hard for me to even consider them in that conversation.

K How will hit 500 HRs

Utley IMO is a nodoubt HoF'er if he stays healthy

Comment

• What a FN joke...lets give manny a hug after a weak throw to second, give me a fucking break!!!!!
                      Nothing is as far away as one minute ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by NEJAKE
                        What a FN joke...lets give manny a hug after a weak throw to second, give me a fucking break!!!!!
                        No shit...I didn't get that one

Comment

• c'mon Hamels

Comment

K How will hit 500 HRs

Utley IMO is a nodoubt HoF'er if he stays healthy
                            K How is the most one dimmensional hitter in the game, but it is a great dimmension...I'm just not willing to grant this guy another 340 bombs though, I have to see it first.

Utley is legit, but again he's got years to go...there's loads of young talent in the league that arent gonna make the Hall.

I just dont call guys hall of famers when they barely have a third of the numbers needed to get in. I can agree to disagree w you though.
                            Great Day To Win

GOY (4-1)

Comment

• c'mon Feliz...come up big AGAIN

Comment

• Goonnnnneee

Hr!
                                NBA is a joke

Comment

Working...