Ncaa Football Top 10 A Crock.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TMAC951
    Here is what the playoffs would look like RIGHT NOW if we had one start right this second.. (ALL RANKINGS WOULD COME FROM AP POLL ONLY)..Tell me you wouldnt love it!!

#1 Ohio State VS #8 Louisville
    #2 Auburn VS #7 Texas
    #3 USC VS #6 Michigan (Would Die to see that one)
    #4 West Virginia VS #5 Florida (Same as above)
    Thankfully, these won't be the top-8 teams at seasons end.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
      Damn dude ... That would be awesome!!!

I would grab about 4 Blunts, A Motha' bag of Doritos, a 12 pack, A Gallon of spring water (cotton mouth), and the phone number to the pizza joint!!!

I wouldn't leave the T.V. until it was played out! (Sorta like every New Year's Day)
      POM = post of the month

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzebear
        West Virginia and TCU are both better then Michigan. Michigan is overrated. They beat Notre Dame who is also overrated.
        Your kidding right?? NO WAY in hell TCU is better than Michigan.. Maybe West Virginia but no way is TCU

Comment

Put louisville and WVU in the SEC and they struggle to make a bowl.
          All Plays Rated 1* to 5*
          5* (4-1)
          YTD: (41-33-1) +18.0

Comment

Originally posted by hydroponic
            Put louisville and WVU in the SEC and they struggle to make a bowl.
            They might lose a couple more but no way they miss a bowl. I can't believe you can say that with a straight face, either that or you have not seen either play!

Comment

They might lose a couple more but no way they miss a bowl. I can't believe you can say that with a straight face, either that or you have not seen either play!
              I agree with that post 110%! They would lose 2 games MAX but no way they miss a bowl

Comment

I agree. They might not go to a BCS Bowl but they'll play in a bowl.

Comment

Struggle, may be a liitle harsh, but playing a big east schedule as compared to a sec schedule is a big leap. LSU and Auburn are easily two of the BEST 5 teams in the country, not to mention Georgia. Remember LSU's 40-3 asswipping of Miami on a neutral field with a backup QB.
                  All Plays Rated 1* to 5*
                  5* (4-1)

Comment

B.C. never should have left the Big East because of all the natural and regional rivalries.

Penn St should have joined the Big East when they went to a conference,I Believe this 110%. Penn St does not have the same connections or local resources in the Midwest as the Big Ten Powers do. They also broke off some big time rivalries they had with W.V., Pitt. & B.C. ... You add teams like Rutgers and Syracuse into the mix and the Big East is an obvious place for Penn St. Those are all the place and teams they battle with on the recruiting trail and it would have been a natural fit.

The Big East with B.C. & Penn St would have been a much stronger football conference!

Comment

• i've been screaming for a playoff system for years now in NCAA foots.

how i say it should be is this:

have 8 conferences.

big 12
                      big 10
                      acc
                      big east
                      sec
                      pac 10
                      maac
                      mvc

you have every respective conference have 14 teams. (adding indepentants ie ND) thats 112 teams competing fairly.

all conference teams play 11 regular season games. and conference title game. winner of con title gets automatic bid to final 8 playoffs. this would eliminate polls entirely.

8 winners make it to playoffs. then you seed them accordingly. higher seed gets home field for round 1 game only. semi finals and finals you incorporate the top 3 bowls. orange,fiesta,rose. you rotate them annually to see who gets the title game.

people like to bitch that i would be too many games. i say that is a crock. 11 games +conference title game would be 12 total......then if you run the table it would be 3 more games. only 2 teams would be playing 15games and only 4 would be playing even 14games. it would work.
                      2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

• Originally posted by hydroponic
                        Struggle, may be a liitle harsh, but playing a big east schedule as compared to a sec schedule is a big leap. LSU and Auburn are easily two of the BEST 5 teams in the country, not to mention Georgia. Remember LSU's 40-3 asswipping of Miami on a neutral field with a backup QB.
                        Miami is down right now. Everyone knows that and we could point to many down teams and say that.

W.V. BEAT Georgia in a Bowl last year too IN Atlanta, Ga.

What do you make of that if you are bringing up last year's bowls as a gauge?

Comment

• Originally posted by wayne1218
                          W.V. BEAT Georgia in a Bowl last year too IN Atlanta, Ga.
                          IMO prior bowl games often have no meaning. Teams often never 'show up' if they aren't playing in a bowl game they were hoping. If a team expects to play in a BCS bowl and get put into another bowl very often they play poorly.

Comment

• Originally posted by frankb03
                            IMO prior bowl games often have no meaning. Teams often never 'show up' if they aren't playing in a bowl game they were hoping. If a team expects to play in a BCS bowl and get put into another bowl very often they play poorly.
                            I agree but he was bringing up last years bowl with miami and saying how much better the SEC is than a team like W.V. who (IMO) proved they could win a TOUGH game against a SEC team in their home state! It's not like W.V. got blown out or something ... They WON!!!

Comment

• I agree with the whole playoff idea and I love the format the Wayne and T threw up (who doesn't if you are a fan of college football), but at the end of the day, whether it is 8 teams or 12 teams, how are you going to decide teams 6,7,8,9 and 10 or teams 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14? Through the polls, that's how...and at the end of the day, they are based on strictly subjective thinking due to the human voting element...schools history, margin of victory and when you lost. It sucks!
                              Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

• no offense to any WVU fans, but LSU and Georgia looked at a Sugar Bowl matchup with WVU as a letdown. WV is a very good team and I really like rodriguez, but there is no comparison in the level of play week in and week out between the two conferences. A once beaten LSU, Auburn or Georgia team is better than either one of those two teams. I only brought up the Miami game because Louisville was looking at it as a benchmark game, but Miami has been average for the last year and a half. LSU and Louisville proved that point.
                                All Plays Rated 1* to 5*
                                5* (4-1)

Comment

Working...
                                X