Ncaa Football Top 10 A Crock.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Three Jack
    Bry, this is where I think you are wrong...so if Navy is one of 10 undefeated teams in two weeks they should be ranked #10 before an LSU or a Texas or a Notre Dame?
    3jack,

IMO its a mix. 1st and most important is Wins and loses. then you look @ who you played. i mean think about it, if a team goes undefeated and cannot be ranked ahead of a team with 1 loss whats the point of even playing???? why bother. your season is meaningless is it not???
    2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Bry, so I guess you are advocating for all schools to load up with cream puffs as non-conference games because a win at home against Buffalo is more important than true measuring stick games?

all the major schools already do this. look around.
      2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

We could go on and on about this because the 'polls' are about as subjective as any argument in sports. It is obvious what is important to the voters is history, margin of victory, and when you lose. Team A could beat Team B in late August, run the table and lose the last game of the year and could be ranked behind Team A should they run the table too.

I always felt that polls should not come out until the 4th week of the year.
        Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Originally posted by 10DimeBry
          3jack,

IMO its a mix. 1st and most important is Wins and loses. then you look @ who you played. i mean think about it, if a team goes undefeated and cannot be ranked ahead of a team with 1 loss whats the point of even playing???? why bother. your season is meaningless is it not???
          Strength of schedule has got to play a part in this. So you are penalizing teams for going out and playing tough games?

Comment

Strength of schedule has got to play a part in this. So you are penalizing teams for going out and playing tough games?

YES. if they win vs. a tough opponent dont the move up even more?? as opposed to playing a shitty school. it goes both ways. LSU imo is still a strong team. but they and texas shouldnt be in the top 10 with losses. sorry.
            2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

So not true...yes, most play one or two easier games look at the team I root for, Florida State...they always had one patsy on the schedule but always play Florida and Miami (before they joined the ACC) and some years had Notre Dame in there as well. When you play twelve games, it is ok to have one week 'off'.

Comment

USC plays Arkansas, Nebraska and ND out of conference...very formidable foes. So if they run the table and lose to ND, finish with one loss...then they are behind an undefeated TCU or Navy, should they go undefeated?

Comment

Dimer

3jack,

IMO its a mix. 1st and most important is Wins and loses. then you look @ who you played.You said it once more----it's who you played....why do you keep saying this, then contradicting your self......You plain as day stipulate, record, vs WHO you played.....thus a team that played a much tougher schedule, goes 10-1 should indeed be rated higher than a team with a patsy schedule that goes 11-0..... i mean think about it, if a team goes undefeatedquoting you----it's also who they played and cannot be ranked ahead of a team with 1 lossagain, quoting yourself---it's who they lost to whats the point of even playing???? why bother. your season is meaningless is it not???
                  You're right about one thing though----this is where non conference scheduling comes in, and the overall strength of your own conference.........

Quit making the statement re "who you played", then contradicting yourself that records should prevail, regardless......those 2 go hand in hand, or totaly separate....you can't have it both ways in a debates such as this.....It's like taking pro's and con's when you want to embelish your opinion.........

Look at oit again Dimer, and then re word it, until then, it's contradictory........

Still love you though, even if you're hard headed

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

So not true...yes, most play one or two easier games look at the team I root for, Florida State...they always had one patsy on the schedule but always play Florida and Miami (before they joined the ACC) and some years had Notre Dame in there as well. When you play twelve games, it is ok to have one week 'off'.
                    Jack, why do you root for FSU?

I'm asking because when I moved to Florida in 1996 I rooted from them. Mostly, because they were often on TV in the NE. Shortly, after I moved to FL I stopped rooting for FSU.

Comment

USC plays Arkansas, Nebraska and ND out of conference...very formidable foes. So if they run the table and lose to ND, finish with one loss...then they are behind an undefeated TCU or Navy, should they go undefeated?

IMO they should be behind TCU yes. ND schedule is easy. except 2 games mich and USC. tcu has a schedule that might be a bit easier but they ran the table. imo they would get the nod.
                      2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Originally posted by Kaptain
                        You're right about one thing though----this is where non conference scheduling comes in, and the overall strength of your own conference.........

Quit making the statement re "who you played", then contradicting yourself that records should prevail, regardless......those 2 go hand in hand, or totaly separate....you can't have it both ways in a debates such as this.....It's like taking pro's and con's when you want to embelish your opinion.........

Look at oit again Dimer, and then re word it, until then, it's contradictory........

Still love you though, even if you're hard headed

i'm not hard headed kapt, come on now. its just my take. i never said i was 100% right. IMO wins matter most. then you can factor in strenght of schedule. its just how i see it.

know what i mean verne
                        2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03
                          Jack, why do you root for FSU?

I'm asking because when I moved to Florida in 1996 I rooted from them. Mostly, because they were often on TV in the NE. Shortly, after I moved to FL I stopped rooting for FSU.
                          I went to Villanova, grad in 1990, and our team was 1AA. Was watching the 1988 game in my dorm room against Miami, at home, the spear, the crowd, the chop...fell in love with it. Seen them play 10 times in person (from NY so it ain't easy). Went to the first wide right game against Miami in 1991 plus 4 games in the O-Bowl against Miami. Going tto see them play BC this year...that loss to Clemson wiped the shine off that game!

Comment

i'm not hard headed kapt, come on now. its just my take. i never said i was 100% right. IMO wins matter most. then you can factor in strenght of schedule. its just how i see it.

know what i mean verne
                            The Utah's and BYU's of the world would love you!

Comment

Seriously. look at it. Let me explain.

#1 Ohio st - no problem
                              2 auburn - no problem
                              3 usc - no problem
                              4 wva- no problem
                              5 florida- no problem
                              6 Mich- no problem
                              7 texas- HUGE PROBLEM will explain below
                              8 L'ville - huge problem will explain below
                              9. georgia - no problem
                              10. LSU - huge problem

Texas- How the fuck could texas be #7??? they got the shit beat out of them @ home. if you want to make the arguement that the lost to #1 ohio st, fine. but i then respond by saying, nebraska who isnt in top 15 lost @ usc #2 by 18 and that was on the road, texas lost by 3td's @ home. And oklahoma IMO doesnt even have a loss. texas imo is the 3rd best team in the big 12 yet they are ranked #7 are you kidding me. L'ville is undefeated and ranked behind texas?? WTF?

Louisville- someone tell me what this team needs to do to be ranked in the top 5??? is blowing the fuckin doors of Miami not good enough?? The polls have WVA #4. i ask you this. Who has WVA beat?? maryland big freakin deal. maryland was good 5yrs ago. Being ranked behind a 1 loss overrated texas team is laughable. L'ville should be atleast 3 spots higher IMO

LSU- 1st off lsu has a loss. To me that automatically disqualifies you from being in the top 10. Va tech,tcu dont have losses are ranked less. lsu is a good team but you cannot have 4 SEC teams ranked in top 10 (auburn,georgia,florida,lsu) its just not possible. SEC is best conference in NCAA but it doesnt merrit 4 top 10 teams. LSU lost so BEAT IT, get the fuck outta the top 10.

here is how i think it should be:

1. ohio st
                              2. auburn
                              3. usc
                              4. florida
                              5. L'ville
                              6. mich
                              7. WVA
                              8. Georgia
                              9. Va Tech
                              10. TCU

IMO any team with a loss is out of top 10 period.
                              of course i'm more than willing to discuss this further, this is just my opinion. lets have yours.
                              The concept of ranking teams period is a crock. They prove nothing.
                              Luck favors the prepared.

In the room the women come and go
                              Talking of Michelangelo

Comment

Originally posted by TheRook
                                I think Temple has played much better then their record indicates....

They battled us tooth and nail
                                Questions, comments, complaints:
                                [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                X