Ncaa Football Top 10 A Crock.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kaptain
    They'll beat this dead horse for a while, and this thread will come back (to quote JC), to haunt or get stuck up someones ass....Could be his own, time will tell..........

Miamis losses (2 of em) will not help Louisville at years end, and thats based on SOS.........

Louiusville has probably the most potent, well balanced offense in NCAA FB, IMO, and their defense is really OK....not great, but OK---decent........

Louis would score against Aub or LSU, but how many ?????????
    Louis would give up points to Aub, LSU, but how many???????????

Aub and LSU both have decent offenses, and probably 2 of the top 5 defenses in the country that just went against each other........gonna be interesting at years end......kapt

Wait a minute Karl, I'm not saying Louisville is better than anyone. So nothing will be stuck up my rear for opening my pie hole, cause i clearly stated, that i thought Louisville should be ranked higher than Texas and LSU only cause they have a better record and do have 1 decent win and 1 good win.

Being ranked higher doesnt mean that we would beat them, means we could and we have a better record than they do. I am a homer, but a reasonable one. I know if the Cards played in the SEC, their chances of running the table would be as slim as JBC. We are in a weeker confrence, and thats not our fault, the pussy ACC wouldnt let us in.

The Cards could get beat on Saturday and i dont expect anyone to say anything to me. If they do, they would be wrong to do so. I didnt state anywhere in this thread that Louisville is better than anyone.

jmo
    Questions, comments, complaints:
    [email protected]

Comment

I'm a Auburn fan and I'll tell you this it will take a heck of a football team to beat Lsu! That Auburn Lsu game was one of the best hardest hitting ftball games I,ve ever seen it was like games used to be played!

Comment

jc

Originally posted by jcindaville
        Wait a minute Karl, I'm not saying Louisville is better than anyone. So nothing will be stuck up my rear for opening my pie hole, cause i clearly stated, that i thought Louisville should be ranked higher than Texas and LSU only cause they have a better record and do have 1 decent win and 1 good win.

Being ranked higher doesnt mean that we would beat them, means we could and we have a better record than they do. I am a homer, but a reasonable one. I know if the Cards played in the SEC, their chances of running the table would be as slim as JBC. We are in a weeker confrence, and thats not our fault, the pussy ACC wouldnt let us in.

The Cards could get beat on Saturday and i dont expect anyone to say anything to me. If they do, they would be wrong to do so. I didnt state anywhere in this thread that Louisville is better than anyone.

jmo
        EZ my man----I was using Louisville, cause Dimer had em to be rated higher, rightfully so, I was using Auburn and LSU as an illustration to him, thet the Polls are reflected as to how the Coaches, Sports Writers, BCS formula dictates the rankings...........

They obviously feel that LSU, and or Auburn would give Louisville a good game, thus the rankings.......They obviously feel that the teams ranked above them would also create an exciting game..........

I stated earlier, and reiterate----Louisville is loaded this year, especially offensively, but the question arises, can they score on a good D like Abu/LSU....IMO ---yes, but not near as easily, and now the question arises, can Aub/LSU score on Louis D----I say yeas---thus you have a damn good game, and I give the nod to Aub/LSU----Defense usualy dominates.

Di think Louisville should be rated as high as they are, or higher, hell yes........

Do I think the 4 schools, just cause they're from the SEC, should not be in the top 10---hell no.......

This year, and many years in the past, probably more so overall than other conferences, the SEC is loaded once again......Give em their Kudos, till they lose em......

In NCAA BasketBall, it's not uncommon to find 4 teams from the ACC, cause they are a powerhouse in Baskets.......They earned this right.......

Same holds true for the SEC in FB......they earned this right to be considered the strongest in FB this year.......It's a shame that 2 good defensive teams like Aub/LSU had to meet this early (3rd week).........

I was trying to convey to Dimer that the Polls are based on Records versus the Strength of Schedule you played.......Not just outright record........This early in the season, is only cause for confusion.....not enough games under their belts to substantiate opinions........as the season progresses, the truth will come out..........I look for Louisville to run the table, then lose in their bowl game.......and it could be Aub/LSU/Fla/Tenn/Ga etc.....those teams from the over rated SEC.........

another point I was trying to prove, was that if all the teams rated above LSU, played tomorrow, how many times would LSU be the Dog, and by how much.....

LSU plays Ok St, TCU, Houston, etc, some of these undefeated teams, LSU woould prevail, but they have a loss.....Thus they are rated higher...due to SOS......

In actuality we agree, I used Louisville as an illustration, and you as a homer (loving his team---which is natural), and to also say, Louisville beat 2 weak teams, and one now suspect (2 losses) Miami team......Their schedule is softer than some, and if they get through W Va., which I think they will, then they'll move up accordingly, get in a bowl game, and then get to show their stuff against a much better rated opponent........

LSU hadn't beat anyone of stature prior to the Auburn game either, but played em as tough as anyone can.....a few contorversial calls overruled, and the results could be reversed......Auburn, and LSU are loaded this year....2 of the best D's in the game........Just happened to meet each other.......Then they get to go play Ga., Fla, Tenn, and a few other scrappy SEC teams........

I was trying to convey to Senor Dimer, that 1 loss is irrelevant at this stage of the polls.......and the majority of Sports Writers, Coaches, and BCS system professionals, all put 4 SEC teams in the top ten.......

We are all entitled to our opinions, but I ask you this, when someone, as yourself, or Dimer, question all these Professional peoples opinions, and elude that they are wrong, well then I'm gonna have to side with them.......

Seasons end will tell who knows (knew) the most about ranking teams.........

We agree on a lot of things, and I never said you thought Louis would beat LSU or Aub if they played tomorrow, I was saying I think LSU/AUB would/could b the favorite, and LSU has a loss.........Best to ya My HillBilly buddy........kapt

PS----I'd like to see a small school like Louisville run the table and win the BCS Trophy.......It's time for some fresh meat......

But, I also say, the SEC is the strongest conf. in FB today, and apparently the Professionals do also..........kapt

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

On a more important matter, exactly who is the girl in JC's signature?
          Luck favors the prepared.

In the room the women come and go
          Talking of Michelangelo

Comment

I agree with post #1 in this thread 100%

IMO, Polls should not be released until week 3 or 4. It will never happen for obvious reasons but teams who have an EXCELLENT year but came into the season ranked 20th or even unranked have NO SHOT!

Wasn't Tenn. ranked 3rd coming into last season? I think they were and they finished with a BELOW .500 record. How can you rank or unrank a team without giving themself a chance to win or prove themselves? 100 Teams are eliminated from the Title game BEFORE a game is ever played because of initial rankings. That's WRONG!!!

College Hoops does it too but they have 3 times as many games to prove themselves along with conference tourney's and the Big Dance. Much different than football.

Comment

All I have to say is this.. FUCK THE POLLS!! If I were the dude over all this shit I would take all polls and shove them were the sun dont fucking shine.. I would get all coaches that are in the NCAA and tell them.. This is how its gonna be.. At the end of the season i will be taking the top 16 teams in the nation and putting them in a playoff.. #1 plays #16 and so on single elimination and go from there until we have 1 team left and they will be the National Champion reguardless of their record.. If your in the top 16 at the end of the season your in.. If not tough shit work harder in the off season and make it there next year..EVERY SINGLE sport in the nation does have a playoff except for this why in the hell not?? My scenario would save us all the What if's and shit and make it alot easier.. BOOYAHHHHHHH!!!

Comment

I agrre TMAC but i think 16 teams is too many. The season is 11 games long on average and you would be asking the final 2 teams to play 5 more games (half a season more). I also say too bad so sad for the teams ranked down that low. Usually teams outside the Top 10 are clearly not as good as the top 5 or so at season's end. I would love a 8 team playoff (4 games). Usually the teams always getting screwed are ranked 3, 4, 5, ish and not 13th or 16th.
                Last edited by wayne1218; 09-20-2006, 07:27 PM.

Comment

i like top 8, why the hell not?? bowls bout $ right?? still can have the bettorsschatpickem.com bowls like they do now cuz they dont mean anythin anyways.. peeps would go nuts w/ bucks vs florida winner vs. usc vs. auburn winner etc make them fiesta,rose ... seems like lot more $ to me for couple extra games they can make it work whats the fuck
                  edification will take place pull up the reins and get outta the race.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                    I agrre TMAC but i think 16 teams is too many. The season is 11 games long on average and you would be asking the final 2 teams to play 5 more games (half a season more). I also say too bad so sad for the teams ranked down that low. Usually teams outside the Top 10 are clearly not as good as the top 5 or so at season's end. I would love a 8 team playoff (4 games). Usually the teams always getting screwed are ranked 3, 4, 5, ish and not 13th or 16th.
                    Aight then top 8.. Your in you gotta shot to win.. Your out tough shit..

Comment

Here is what the playoffs would look like RIGHT NOW if we had one start right this second.. (ALL RANKINGS WOULD COME FROM AP POLL ONLY)..Tell me you wouldnt love it!!

#1 Ohio State VS #8 Louisville
                      #2 Auburn VS #7 Texas
                      #3 USC VS #6 Michigan (Would Die to see that one)
                      #4 West Virginia VS #5 Florida (Same as above)

Comment

Originally posted by Kaptain
                        EZ my man----I was using Louisville, cause Dimer had em to be rated higher, rightfully so, I was using Auburn and LSU as an illustration to him, thet the Polls are reflected as to how the Coaches, Sports Writers, BCS formula dictates the rankings...........

They obviously feel that LSU, and or Auburn would give Louisville a good game, thus the rankings.......They obviously feel that the teams ranked above them would also create an exciting game..........

I stated earlier, and reiterate----Louisville is loaded this year, especially offensively, but the question arises, can they score on a good D like Abu/LSU....IMO ---yes, but not near as easily, and now the question arises, can Aub/LSU score on Louis D----I say yeas---thus you have a damn good game, and I give the nod to Aub/LSU----Defense usualy dominates.

Di think Louisville should be rated as high as they are, or higher, hell yes........

Do I think the 4 schools, just cause they're from the SEC, should not be in the top 10---hell no.......

This year, and many years in the past, probably more so overall than other conferences, the SEC is loaded once again......Give em their Kudos, till they lose em......

In NCAA BasketBall, it's not uncommon to find 4 teams from the ACC, cause they are a powerhouse in Baskets.......They earned this right.......

Same holds true for the SEC in FB......they earned this right to be considered the strongest in FB this year.......It's a shame that 2 good defensive teams like Aub/LSU had to meet this early (3rd week).........

I was trying to convey to Dimer that the Polls are based on Records versus the Strength of Schedule you played.......Not just outright record........This early in the season, is only cause for confusion.....not enough games under their belts to substantiate opinions........as the season progresses, the truth will come out..........I look for Louisville to run the table, then lose in their bowl game.......and it could be Aub/LSU/Fla/Tenn/Ga etc.....those teams from the over rated SEC.........

another point I was trying to prove, was that if all the teams rated above LSU, played tomorrow, how many times would LSU be the Dog, and by how much.....

LSU plays Ok St, TCU, Houston, etc, some of these undefeated teams, LSU woould prevail, but they have a loss.....Thus they are rated higher...due to SOS......

In actuality we agree, I used Louisville as an illustration, and you as a homer (loving his team---which is natural), and to also say, Louisville beat 2 weak teams, and one now suspect (2 losses) Miami team......Their schedule is softer than some, and if they get through W Va., which I think they will, then they'll move up accordingly, get in a bowl game, and then get to show their stuff against a much better rated opponent........

LSU hadn't beat anyone of stature prior to the Auburn game either, but played em as tough as anyone can.....a few contorversial calls overruled, and the results could be reversed......Auburn, and LSU are loaded this year....2 of the best D's in the game........Just happened to meet each other.......Then they get to go play Ga., Fla, Tenn, and a few other scrappy SEC teams........

I was trying to convey to Senor Dimer, that 1 loss is irrelevant at this stage of the polls.......and the majority of Sports Writers, Coaches, and BCS system professionals, all put 4 SEC teams in the top ten.......

We are all entitled to our opinions, but I ask you this, when someone, as yourself, or Dimer, question all these Professional peoples opinions, and elude that they are wrong, well then I'm gonna have to side with them.......

Seasons end will tell who knows (knew) the most about ranking teams.........

We agree on a lot of things, and I never said you thought Louis would beat LSU or Aub if they played tomorrow, I was saying I think LSU/AUB would/could b the favorite, and LSU has a loss.........Best to ya My HillBilly buddy........kapt

PS----I'd like to see a small school like Louisville run the table and win the BCS Trophy.......It's time for some fresh meat......

But, I also say, the SEC is the strongest conf. in FB today, and apparently the Professionals do also..........kapt
                        Karl, i have a GREAT deal of respect for you. And i would never get into a pissing contest with you.

I never saidthose teams from the over rated SEC......... I said that sometimes they get a little more credit because they are in the SEC. So every one knows, I THINK THE SEC IS BY FAR THE BEST FOOTBALL CONFRENCE HANDS DOWN. And i dont mean this year, I MEAN PERIOD. Louisville may well advance to the sugar bowl and run into an LSU, FL, Auburn team, and they may kick our ass. Seeing this is a would of could of thread, i ll saythis, we will never know how good the ville could have been with a healthy bush and brohm for the whole year.

Im done bitching and arguing, cause whats the point. Karl, your still the best, and i just really hope that Cantwell can lead us to a victory at K-state.
                        Questions, comments, complaints:
                        [email protected]

Comment

and i just really hope that Cantwell can lead us to a victory at K-state.[/QUOTE]
                          They better win, I have then in a Big Teaser

Comment

Originally posted by TMAC951
                            Here is what the playoffs would look like RIGHT NOW if we had one start right this second.. (ALL RANKINGS WOULD COME FROM AP POLL ONLY)..Tell me you wouldnt love it!!

#1 Ohio State VS #8 Louisville
                            #2 Auburn VS #7 Texas
                            #3 USC VS #6 Michigan (Would Die to see that one)
                            #4 West Virginia VS #5 Florida (Same as above)
                            Damn dude ... That would be awesome!!!

I would grab about 4 Blunts, A Motha' bag of Doritos, a 12 pack, A Gallon of spring water (cotton mouth), and the phone number to the pizza joint!!!

I wouldn't leave the T.V. until it was played out! (Sorta like every New Year's Day)

Comment

West Virginia and TCU are both better then Michigan. Michigan is overrated. They beat Notre Dame who is also overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                                I agree. Sixteen is too many for football. I like top 4. How often would we argue the 5th rank team should be playing for the national title. Going into the bowls we usually know which 3 or 4 teams are the best and should be playing for the title.

Comment

Working...
                                X