Chicago's tough new gun ordinance goes into effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PhilJr View Post
    I honestly don't believe that anyone can come up with any numbers that you would agree with. You asked for statistics on gun deaths and I gave you something to look at. You are way beyond help if you cannot comment intelligently on the article and the statistics shown. Are the numbers made up?
    It says researchers see no cause and effect in the numbers. Doesn't that tell u anything. Plus look at who is trying to spin the article. An ultra conservative website. Read the actual article. Not their spin. It shows while the numbers in this particular area may help your argument there is no direct correlation between them
    Fire BAS and Hache Man. Don't forget Wayne1218 is a piece of garbage. Fest zit a total fraud still talks about me. You Trump voters tired of winning yet? Lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by insidethe8thpol View Post
      Gun deaths = people killed with a bullet fired from a gun

Knife deaths = people killed with a sharp object usually meant for slicing New York Strip steaks
      OMG

Comment

• Originally posted by husker View Post
        "think" would be your opinion, that you are entitled to.

i guess you realized my statement was correct about numbers of gun related break-ins and the sentences.

in response to your OPINION. if you don't think most criminals don't think about facing the risk of going to jail for a much longer period of time for using a gun, you are seriously lost. thats my OPINION.
        Of course having a gun is a longer sentence. Do u really think irrational criminals breaking inot homes are thinking about the sentence their crime will carry? I don't believe that for a second. They are there to steal and I don't think most care. They don't consider the consequences of getting caught. They are thinking about what they will have after the robbery. That's my opinion
        Fire BAS and Hache Man. Don't forget Wayne1218 is a piece of garbage. Fest zit a total fraud still talks about me. You Trump voters tired of winning yet? Lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by vitterd View Post
          I'm responding to 5 difft people so give me time.

So I shouldn't comment about fox when someone asks me about fox. Wow. This is really getting crazy. 95 to 99 percent of my posts do not talk about fox or limbaugh. If you're not lying you are either not reading or just plain dishonest when u make statements like that

It doesn't take 30 mins for a backround check. Maybe if you're buying a cell phone but for most things it can take weeks.

Police officer, govt jobs, teaching certificates. All those backround checks are longer and more extensive then an intenet search of 30 mins. Don't u think we should have checks on a deadly weapon of more then 30 mins
          Again, you twist the words to make it like you want it. Here is EXACTLY what I said in my post - "First, I answered my opinion with your words because 99% of the time, when someone's opinion differs from yours, they are "misguided", listening to too much Fox, Limbaugh, etc. That is how you answer ALMOST - I said almost but I guarantee you it is way over 95% of your responses - everyone who differs in opinion with you. They are "misguided" as YOU said earlier."

NOWHERE in there do I say that 95-99% of your posts do you talk about Fox or Limbaugh. READ what I wrote - I basically said that when others views are different from yours, they are "misguided" (your words) or listen to too much Fox, etc. (also your words).
          Do I get an apology here !!! LOL

Now, I agree about the background checks. However, to purchase a gun, it doesn't take weeks to do this. I know because I have just been thru it.
          I tried to get a permit to carry a concealed weapon and I couldn't get one because I have a DUI on my record ( and before you say anything, I have been sober since then in 2006).
          The law requires a 5 year waiting period after my conviction before I can carry a concealed weapon. I am ok with this law. I understand they don't want to give a convicted drunk a permit to carry a gun on his person.
          But I can go purchase a gun right now and walk out with it in 30 minutes. That gives me permission to have it in my house and my car in plain sight.
          A 30 day waiting period will change NOTHING to this, so why have it? Again, I feel in my opinion that the gun control favors the criminals, not the victims.
          jc Wishes He Can Get A Goat

Comment

Plus look at who is trying to spin the article.
            Yes you are. I must be Vittarded
            You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning

Comment

I'll assume that is said with a german accent
              He who wears diaper knows his shit - Confucius

Comment

Good choice to post an article. The most ultra conservstive online site there is. I wonder what side of the debate they will fall on? Lmao

Comment

right on the money. notice he didn't respond to my post stating the FACTS from the article.

most of his posts are spin, almost no facts.
                  “A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."

Gerald Ford

Comment

Good choice to post an article. The most ultra conservstive online site there is. I wonder what side of the debate they will fall on? Lmao
                    are the numbers wrong in the article?

please show everyone how they are wrong and back up your point.

that's right, i forgot, ANYTHING from a conservative site is wrong. except when you agree with it.
                    Last edited by husker; 08-12-2010, 12:53 PM.
                    “A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."

Gerald Ford

Comment

• I suggest you gentlemen settle this argument with a duel,

Guns for those who don't want a 30 day waiting period

Knives or bricks for those of you who do...

TOUCHDOWN FAT BOY!

I was Born my Pappy's Son,
                      When I hit the ground, I was on the Run!
                      Jon E. Checkers

Comment

• Originally posted by jcheckers View Post
                        I suggest you gentlemen settle this argument with a duel,

Gerald Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by baseballdave View Post
                          Again, you twist the words to make it like you want it. Here is EXACTLY what I said in my post - "First, I answered my opinion with your words because 99% of the time, when someone's opinion differs from yours, they are "misguided", listening to too much Fox, Limbaugh, etc. That is how you answer ALMOST - I said almost but I guarantee you it is way over 95% of your responses - everyone who differs in opinion with you. They are "misguided" as YOU said earlier."

NOWHERE in there do I say that 95-99% of your posts do you talk about Fox or Limbaugh. READ what I wrote - I basically said that when others views are different from yours, they are "misguided" (your words) or listen to too much Fox, etc. (also your words).
                          Do I get an apology here !!! LOL

Now, I agree about the background checks. However, to purchase a gun, it doesn't take weeks to do this. I know because I have just been thru it.
                          I tried to get a permit to carry a concealed weapon and I couldn't get one because I have a DUI on my record ( and before you say anything, I have been sober since then in 2006).
                          The law requires a 5 year waiting period after my conviction before I can carry a concealed weapon. I am ok with this law. I understand they don't want to give a convicted drunk a permit to carry a gun on his person.
                          But I can go purchase a gun right now and walk out with it in 30 minutes. That gives me permission to have it in my house and my car in plain sight.
                          A 30 day waiting period will change NOTHING to this, so why have it? Again, I feel in my opinion that the gun control favors the criminals, not the victims.
                          U sound like charles barkley when he said he was misquoted in his own auto biography. U can really spin words. Anyway u look at it your percentages are way off and completley inaccurate.

Again I've given exapmles of how u can never tell if the waiting period stops anything or not. They don't keep statitics on people who decided against using a gun. Its impossible to know.

The dui thing is another story. Believe me I've been lucky in my life. When I was young and stupid I did way too much underage drinking and drinking while driving. Did it way too many times from ages 18-21. Just never got caught. Not really a drinker now and would never think of doing that now. Young and dumb

Comment

• Originally posted by husker View Post
                            are the numbers wrong in the article?

please show everyone how they are wrong and back up your point.

that's right, i forgot, ANYTHING from a conservative site is wrong. except when you agree with it.
                            Wrong yet again. All u did was repeat what was in the aricle. The article clearly states that researchers find there is no correlation between the numbers and the laws. That defeats the entire argument. Its a wonder why u left that out of your post.

Why does the obvious always ellude you?

Comment

• Originally posted by jcheckers View Post
                              I suggest you gentlemen settle this argument with a duel,

First I must calculate what my sentence will be if I get caught at this duel. I'm a smart criminal like the guys in oceans 11 and the ones husker has been talking about

Comment

• Husker,

Still no comments on the bush blaming clinton list huh? I have seen and been told that you have never or will never admit when your wrong. Just to prove people wrong can u admit to being wrong about this or your "obama is unelectable" comment?

I'm tellin ya. It will look better then just running from it. Just do it one time
                                Last edited by vitterd; 08-12-2010, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X