You Would Vote For This Guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vols fan
    I know.I have noticed that lately.I can't figure out who is saying what?
    Is that only in this thread?

Comment

• [QUOTE=buddyluv1968]
      Originally posted by jcindaville

Youre right JC.... We still need to get together for a drink!!!!!! Where are you watching the games at today????

Probably home, son has practice till around 830 and the wife has to get up early to work tomorrow, so we will likely just stay in to watch it.

Will hook up during football time for a cold one before the game this year.
      Questions, comments, complaints:
      [email protected]

Comment

• Originally posted by BettorsChat
        WTF is wrong with the quotes

they are fucked up, just like your green light not being on
        Questions, comments, complaints:
        [email protected]

Comment

• Originally posted by jcindaville
          they are fucked up, just like your green light not being on
          Green light is off for a purpose.

This started on Post #102

Comment

• BECAUSE OUR MEDIA WON'T TELL US!

the media is run by Dems thats why you dont know these things......
            jordanrules..................

Comment

• Originally posted by flarendep1
              WHY??? What are his qualifications and experience?? ZILCH.

Maybe he looks better in a turbin?

SEE YOUR MAKING THE SAME RACIST IGNORANT POST. YOU WOULD LOOK BETTER IN YOUR WHITE ROBE. WHAT TIME IS THE RALLY TONIGHT AND WHERE ARE YOU PICKING UP JORDAN?

Comment

• [QUOTE=deltaforce]
                Originally posted by buddyluv1968

The DOW is only off 7% for the year and was up 20% last year. We just talked about this in class recently. You can not look at it daily. Last year when it was up did you say my IRA is growing? It is and will grow. Do not look at it under a microscope.

At 120K a year you are doing well. Imagine some people who are head of households who make 45k. My dad makes about what you do and I know it is hurting him now also. But we consider ourselves lucky at the moment. We still have our house and savings. This too shall pass.
                GREAT COMMENT WARREN BUFFET.

TELL THAT TO MY FRIENDS AT BEAR STEARNS WHO JUST LOST 500000 A PIECE AFTER THEIR COMPANY FAILED. DONT EVEN BRING UP THE OTHER FAILURES IN 401'S ACROSS THE COUNTRY OR 4.00 GAS PRICES.

DO YOU WRITE GEORGE BUSH'S SPEECH'S?

Comment

• [QUOTE=musclemann]
                  Originally posted by deltaforce

TELL THAT TO MY FRIENDS AT BEAR STEARNS WHO JUST LOST 500000 A PIECE AFTER THEIR COMPANY FAILED. DONT EVEN BRING UP THE OTHER FAILURES IN 401'S ACROSS THE COUNTRY OR 4.00 GAS PRICES.

Was your friend at BS complaining when stock was at all time high I believe last year?
                  Can Barack tell me what a "typical" white person is please?

Comment

• [QUOTE=musclemann]
                    Originally posted by deltaforce

Why would I write Bush's speech? I do not get it.

Anyhow, I do know a little about investing. Been doing it since I was 16 and taught by my parents. Also i did 18 months at a large firm on wall street as part of our work program through school and I know you have choices on your 401K. We studied Enron and WCOM in school and the lesson is never ever put all your eggs in 1 basket. Also it is never a 500K gain or loss until it is sold. So it may bounce back some. I do not know of any failures in 401K's? I am sure there are some, but we as investors have to do our homework and be prudent. People tend to overreact on the downturn and panic...but never mention the upticks. So if you or your friends were invested since January 07 you are up 13% still (07 +20% 08 -7%). So things may appear smaller than when it was at its largest but still larger over the life of the fund. Look at any chart. It is never a straight line up. Things appear to be getting bad but PE's are still healthy and ultimately that is where the best values are. Always have been always will. My father swears by it and he did not get caught up in the dot.com craze. He told me PE's were too high. If it does not fit that formula we do not invest.

As far as gas prices. I have no idea on that. I just know I can barely fill my car (old DURANGO).

Do not know why you lashed out at me. Just trying to add perspective.

Anyways, home for 4 days and going to drink some beer with buds....Good luck all

Comment

• Originally posted by musclemann
                      SEE YOUR MAKING THE SAME RACIST IGNORANT POST. YOU WOULD LOOK BETTER IN YOUR WHITE ROBE. WHAT TIME IS THE RALLY TONIGHT AND WHERE ARE YOU PICKING UP JORDAN?

No Bro, not a racist, just having fun, lighten up. What I look like doesn't matter, I am not runnign for president. I am just a "typical white person" per Obama's description. Wonder if John McCain used the phrase "typical black person" how that would go over?
                      NBA is a joke

Comment

• [QUOTE=deltaforce]
                        Originally posted by musclemann

Why would I write Bush's speech? I do not get it.

Anyhow, I do know a little about investing. Been doing it since I was 16 and taught by my parents. Also i did 18 months at a large firm on wall street as part of our work program through school and I know you have choices on your 401K. We studied Enron and WCOM in school and the lesson is never ever put all your eggs in 1 basket. Also it is never a 500K gain or loss until it is sold. So it may bounce back some. I do not know of any failures in 401K's? I am sure there are some, but we as investors have to do our homework and be prudent. People tend to overreact on the downturn and panic...but never mention the upticks. So if you or your friends were invested since January 07 you are up 13% still (07 +20% 08 -7%). So things may appear smaller than when it was at its largest but still larger over the life of the fund. Look at any chart. It is never a straight line up. Things appear to be getting bad but PE's are still healthy and ultimately that is where the best values are. Always have been always will. My father swears by it and he did not get caught up in the dot.com craze. He told me PE's were too high. If it does not fit that formula we do not invest.

As far as gas prices. I have no idea on that. I just know I can barely fill my car (old DURANGO).

Do not know why you lashed out at me. Just trying to add perspective.

Anyways, home for 4 days and going to drink some beer with buds....Good luck all
                        Come join in the stock forum

Comment

• Originally posted by flarendep1
                          No Bro, not a racist, just having fun, lighten up. What I look like doesn't matter, I am not runnign for president. I am just a "typical white person" per Obama's description. Wonder if John McCain used the phrase "typical black person" how that would go over?

Man I just love how everyone is looking for anything that he says to stroke themselves into believing thats why they're not voting for him. I know exactly what he meant when he said typical white person in the context he was referring in dealing with his grandmother.The gym I belong to is in a suburb of chicago. Whenever i get out of my car to walk into the gym you should see some of the people the will walk 3 blocks out of their way to avoid me or clutch their purses if they happen to see me coming in the same direction of me. Its the ingrained stereotypes that causes people to do this. Are all white people racist ? no absolutely not. I myself sometimes ask why are these stupid n*****killing each other in the inner cities and committing some stupid ass crimes in which any intelligent person would know they're going to get caught doing. All people are prejudiced to a certain degree some more than others. I believe if everyone here would just except that, move on this could be an even greater country than it is.

Take care flare, you seem to smart too be throwing out the turban thing too. Thats more up that(he will go nameless) morons line of comments.
                          Last edited by musclemann; 03-22-2008, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• MM,

I am white/Irish and I have no problem with what he (obama about his grandmother)has said. I think people must be given leeway as I think most people do not mean harm. I believe it is an example of white people giving it kind of back although i disapprove. However, I think that the white person has experienced fear of saying anything to discuss race as for fear of saying anything wrong and being labelled a racist. from out point of view it is easier to bite our tongues than be labeled yet we feel a double standard as black people seem to have carte blanche as to what they may say.

I also hear you on people walking out of the way. However I saw Greta Van Sustren speaking and quoting Jesse Jackson saying that he heard a ruckus coming his way down the street and to his comfort he was said "was only white people" so he did not worry. So it cuts both ways. He must believe the same thing. If you look at most crime I would venture to say it is committed disproportionately by young men. And if you drill down deeper and look in prisons there is a disproportionate number of young black men. So with those facts in mind is it racist to walk on the other side of the street when you see a couple of young black guys walking towards you? I bet if they were 30ish in suits and you did an experiment the white people would not move. Also if you had young Neo Nazi looking white kids walking the people would also walk away too. So I do not believe this is racism as much as it is self-preservation by the facts we gather.

These are honest words by a young white person.
                            Last edited by deltaforce; 03-22-2008, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X