Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=flarendep1]
    Originally posted by KazDog
    We started that war. Don't you see that?

** Its not a war against Iraq, just the terrorist regime that continues to be supported by countries outside of Iraq we are not against the good people there.

We are just as evil in their eyes if not more. Maybe a lot more.

*** Trouble here is most liberals think we Americans, Bush, Cheney are the devil.

They don't want our religion, they don't want our way of life,

*** Good for them and we dont want their's either.

And most Republicans think Bush is doing a great job

Comment

• [QUOTE=KazDog]
      Originally posted by baseballdave

It's a principle Dave. It's against the Geneva Convention to torture anyone. We signed that and we should abide by it. Because other countries may not abide by those rules, doesn't make it right for us to do it. I don't really think it's being done that much at all by our soldiers, to be honest with you. However, for people to think that what that councilman said is right, is rather screwed up in my opinion. We are the first ones to cause a complete uproar when we see it being done to our troops or American civilians.

KAZ
      Kaz I agree with what you are saying but I also understand what happens in war. Do I like it - NO. But I will say that if putting an enemy soldiers nuts hooked up to a battery would save my son in laws life or any other soldiers life, I would make sure his balls were wet.
      Our enemies also feel the same way and that is why there is war. Again, it isn't right but it happens.
      If these other countries would also abide by the Geneva Convention, maybe this would stop. I doubt it but maybe.
      The problem is that everybody is about ME and what benefits ME. Each country has theit own ideas and theories. I have no problem with ANY country not believing in God and not believing in "our (American" way of life.
      I DO have problems with dictators who make the innocent people follow their beliefs and then torture or kill them if they don't.
      I have the right to believe what I want and if you believe different, so be it. But I don't have the right to kill you if you don't follow my beliefs and if you are not strong enough to stop me from maiming or torturing your family, then someone needs to help you stop me.
      Anyway, I think I'm done and if any of you don't believe what I believe than

FUCK OFF !!!!
      just joking guys
      jc Wishes He Can Get A Goat

Comment

• Originally posted by baseballdave
        Damn, I started this thread because I really thought the councilmans response was funny and also thought it was true.
        I didn't expect this to cause this much uproar.

This thread might get as many hits as Chados sex life !!
        Chado's thread is still in the infant stage

Comment

• Originally posted by BettorsChat
          So is his sex life.

Comment

• Originally posted by BettorsChat

Maybe we can hook Chado's nuts up to the car battery and get him some kind of charge

Comment

• Originally posted by flarendep1
              WHY??? What are his qualifications and experience?? ZILCH.

Maybe he looks better in a turbin?
              Brief history on Obama, first he graduated from Columbia with a degree in pol science then he graduated from Harvard Law school. He made Law review, then he became the head of Law Review. Please google Harvard Law Review and you will see that the best make it to Law Review and the best of the best make it to head Law Review. Again this is America and each of us have the right to vote for whomever we choose. But please do not cheapen Obama's Achievements. Obama is closer to you and I than Bush. Obama did it the hard way "HE EARNED IT" Bush got in by family connections and was a "C" student....

Comment

• Originally posted by flarendep1
                Just wondering if your wife were one of the unlucky ones jumping from the burning WTC on 9-11 would you feel the same way?
                First I have to say that I watch some of those shows on 911. What the people were saying to their loved ones in their last moments is gut wrenching too hear, and see.

Ok, let's say that my wife did jump and fell to her death because someone drove a plane through a building like on 911. Yes I would want something done, but wouldn't I expect my Country to go to war over it. Just like if someone kills another person. The victims family wants justice by death most of the time, but they don't always get it do they. What if Tim Mcvay and his buddy would have went to China and blew up a building. Would you expect China to declare war on us because of that?

We were not attacked by a Country (Iraq). It would have been a lot different if there were war ships, planes, and soldiers invading our Country but there were none. A few guys hijacked a few planes. And yes, they were part of a terrorist group that was training in Afghanistan. That is why we went there, to take out the tellieban or telliebomb whatever the fuck they are called and America was united as one, but it didn't last long. It wasn't long after we invaded Iraq that the President started losing support for the war and has ever since.

Comment

• Originally posted by BearDown
                  . A few guys hijacked a few planes. .

Understatement of the century.
                  Can Barack tell me what a "typical" white person is please?

Comment

• Originally posted by KazDog
                    First.....On the topic of this thread? Would I vote for this guy?

That was ignorant to say and would be even more ignorant to do. Torturing prisoners is not right. PERIOD. You guys who say "do that to terrorists or Iraqi prisoners" are the first ones who are shocked when a terrorist cuts the head off a captured soldier. We have to lead by example. That's no example as to how people should be treated. It's not eye for an eye, it's do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Second. On the topic of the war. We proclaimed war on Iraq. It wasn't the other way around. And many innocent civilians have died by our proclamation. We haven't solved any problems in Iraq as promised and we are hated in that region more than ever now. It's always been strained because of our ties in Israel and we may never be trusted by Arabs now.

I believe that if Obama becomes president, ends this war, that we may have a small chance of becoming a middle east peace keeper again. I think Obama could possibly mend MANY severed relationships throughout the world for us. Including the Arabs, the British among others.

For those of you who don't believe the rising gas prices we are getting shoved down our throat have nothing to do with this war? The Iraqi's oil, in good working condition, drove the prices down or stabilized them because they were a huge producer and made for excess supplies. Now they are not and so in the eyes of investors, the supply is down and the price has skyrocketed. That is a direct and accurate result of this war on terror.

And for those of you who say, go to the families of the dead from 911 and ask if the war is necessary? I will ask you to go to the families of the 4000 dead soldiers and ask them how necessary a war is, that was waged on false allegations of WMD. And then ask them if their children are fighting for "our freedom."

Are we safer here? Not really. We are more aware and security prone since the attack of 911, but we are certainly more hated around the world since we proclaimed war on another country. And why should terrorists come the United States and try to break our security to kill Americans when they can easily kill Americans on their own soil in their own way.....

KAZ
                    wow, you Dems really are from another planet......
                    jordanrules..................

Comment

• now now ppl we are supposed to give ppl who bomb and kill americans and who are terrorists places to live money to eat and free programs...its the DEMOCratic way
                      jordanrules..................

Comment

• Originally posted by jordanrules23
                        now now ppl we are supposed to give ppl who bomb and kill americans and who are terrorists places to live money to eat and free programs...its the DEMOCratic way
                        Did you play any NIT games?

Comment

• Just food for thought.........

Did you know?

I didn't know!

How could we?

Did you know that 47 countries' have
                          reestablished their embassies in Iraq ?

Did you know that the Iraqi government
                          currently employs 1.2 million Iraqi people?

Did you know
                          that 3100 schools have been renovated,
                          364 schools are under rehabilitation,
                          263 new schools are now under construction;
                          and 38 new schools have been completed in Iraq ?

Did you know
                          that Iraq 's higher educational structure consists
                          of 20 Universities, 46 Institutes or colleges and 4 research centers,
                          all currently operating?

Did you know
                          that 25 Iraq students departed for the United States in
                          January 2005 for the re-established Fulbright program?

Did you know
                          that the Iraqi Navy is operational?
                          They have 5 - 100-foot patrol craft,
                          34 smaller vessels and a naval infantry regiment.

Did you know
                          that Iraq ' s Air Force consists of three operational squadrons,
                          Which includes 9 reconnaissance and 3 US C-130 transport aircraft
                          (under Iraqi operational control) which operate day and night,
                          and will soon add 16 UH-1 helicopters and 4 Bell Jet Rangers?

Did you know
                          that Iraq has a counter-terrorist unit and a Commando Battalion?

Did you know
                          that the Iraqi Police Service has over 55,000
                          fully trained and equipped police officers?

Did you know
                          that there are 5 Police Academies in Iraq
                          that produce over 3500 new officers every 8 weeks?

Did you know
                          there are more than 1100 building projects going on in Iraq ?
                          They include 364 schools, 67 public clinics, 15 hospitals,
                          83 railroad stations, 22 oil facilities, 93 water facilities
                          and 69 electrical facilities.

Did you know
                          that 96% of Iraqi children under the age of 5
                          have received the first 2 series of polio vaccinations?

Did you know
                          that 4.3 million Iraqi children were enrolled in primary school by mid October?

Did you know
                          that there are 1,192,000 cell phone subscribers in Iraq
                          and phone use has gone up 158%?

Did you know
                          that Iraq has an independent media that consists of
                          75 radio stations, 180 newspapers and 10 television stations?

Did you know
                          that the Baghdad Stock Exchange opened in June of 2004?

Did you know
                          that 2 candidates in the Iraqi presidential election had a
                          televised debate recently?

OF COURSE WE DIDN'T KNOW!

WHY DIDN'T WE KNOW?

BECAUSE OUR MEDIA WON'T TELL US!

Instead of reflecting our love for our country,
                          w e get photos of flag burning incidents at Abu Ghraib
                          and people throwing snowballs at the presidential motorcades.

Tragically, the lack of accentuating the positive
                          in Iraq serves two purposes:

It is intended to undermine the world's perception
                          of the United States thus minimizing consequent support;
                          and it is intended to discourage American citizens.

----
                          Above facts are verifiable on the Department of Defense web site.

http://www.defenselink.mil/

Comment

• Sounds like some good changes to me.Wonder why CNN don't show that?

Comment

• Originally posted by vols fan
                              Sounds like some good changes to me.Wonder why CNN don't show that?
                              I told Kaz that yesterday. The media reports what will sell. They HAVE NOT reported everything - good or bad - that has happened there and that is a fact - straight from someone who has been there for a year. And the Democrats AND Republicans lie to whatever suits them. Be careful the "koolaid" that you drink.

Comment

• Originally posted by baseballdave
                                I told Kaz that yesterday. The media reports what will sell. They HAVE NOT reported everything - good or bad - that has happened there and that is a fact - straight from someone who has been there for a year. And the Democrats AND Republicans lie to whatever suits them. Be careful the "koolaid" that you drink.

Well said

Comment

Working...
                                X