No announcement yet.

BBQ Season is Approaching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something pretty simple for ribeys are glaze the steaks with virgin oil and get some "Stubbs Spiced Rub".Put that rub on and rub it in good.Let it marinate for about an hour get your grill/egg to about 500 degrees and do 1 minute and a half on each side and then 1 minute with the grate lines going the othe directions.Should be medium rare in about 5-6 minutes or 2 cold beers

Comment

Don't charcoals grills take a long time though? Was thinking of getting a propane, but wasn't sure about the taste vs. a charcoal grill.

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat View Post
        Don't charcoals grills take a long time though? Was thinking of getting a propane, but wasn't sure about the taste vs. a charcoal grill.
        Charcoal taste alot better but when you grill out 3-4 times a week like I do,it gets expensive buying charcoal twice a week.Something I do Monte on my gas grill is I bought some lava rocks and put them down in the grate.Then I take some
        Mesquite seasoning and sprinkle it over the lava rocks before each grilling.Adds some flavor compared to no lava rocks or no seasoning.

Cooking times vary alot on charcoal also.Most gas grills now come with cooking thermometers built into the grills and after a couple times you can have steaks or chicken down to the minute that it takes to prepare them.

Comment

The charcoal grills definitely take longer to prep before you can actually throw on the food you intend to grill. Need the coals to burn over before you start to cook. They are pretty darn cheap though and I do prefer the flavor they can provide over a propane grill. If I am planning to BBQ, I don't mind it taking some time for the end result. Somebody gave me a Brinkman Smoke and Grill set about a year ago and I have slow cooked some ridiculously tasting beef brisket, baby back ribs, and short ribs in the last couple of months.

Comment

What about wood chips for propane grills? From what I've read it supposed to make the food taste more like charcoal.

Comment

Originally posted by rwall View Post
              I like to take a long sausage, like a kilbasa, and really massage alot of honey on it. Rub it up and down feverishly.
              Then I gently grill it long enough that the meat becomes good and rigid.
              Once the meat is ready I like to place it between two buns with mayo and gobble it up using both hands.

Sincerely,
              Martha 10DimeBry Stewart
              This thread comes up every year around this time. This post is always worth a laugh.
              MLB (2014): (3-4) -.9 units

Comment

I just call longhorn steakhouse order the flo's filet and its ready when i get there take it home and the entire process is over in 25 min
                MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
                HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Originally posted by tech fan View Post
                  I just call longhorn steakhouse order the flo's filet and its ready when i get there take it home and the entire process is over in 25 min

You don't miss any of the race that way !!

Comment

Originally posted by tech fan View Post
                    I just call Applebees,order the buffalo chicken fingers and its ready when I get there.take it home and the entire process is over in 25 min.It's the 12 hours at the hospital that eats up the day

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan View Post

Comment

What about wood chips for propane grills? From what I've read it supposed to make the food taste more like charcoal.
                        Hell Monte , if I had your $$$$$$ I'd buy a Big Green Egg Grill/Smoker . Hell you could fit a whole TORSO in one of those babies !

Comment

Originally posted by Ldawg View Post
                          Hell Monte , if I had your $$$$$$ I'd buy a Big Green Egg Grill/Smoker . Hell you could fit a whole TORSO in one of those babies !
                          I already use a wood chipper and sodium chloride

Comment

I already use a wood chipper and sodium chloride
                            Go w/the EGG !!

Comment

Barbecue University®

Comment

This is a very simple recipe but I have used it for years. Marinate steak of choice (I like a good, thick NY strip or filet mignon) in oily Italian salad dressing for a few hours. Then grill to taste. I cook them medium rare. On a hot grill that's about 4 minutes on each side for a one-inch thick steak and about 5 minutes on each side for a 1 1/2 inch thick steak.

Comment

Working...
                                X