WLSF-Undervalued?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just talked to my ex-wife.
    She had a doctor's appointment today and did nothing.
    Wlsf is still moving up slow and steady(thats the way I like it).

Comment

Savage,

Free riding is a real issue and is legit. What you described as free riding is what I know it as.

Here are ways around it- get a margin account. If you have a margin account then you have borrowing power and the money is there immediately.

Free riding is a serious issue, if the branch manager was a tough guy they could take away the gains you had if the funds werent there before settlement.

They can also suspend your trading privilages and disallow you to trade without the funds in the account. When I was a broker we had several people on those leashes.

People would make a trade, buy and sell with no funds in the account, then drag their feet to bring in the original funds.

Part of the issue is that the brokerage is floating you the funds until settlement, they are essentially loaning you funds for those 3 days. I have also seem branch mgrs charging the interest for the time it takes from the date of trade until funds arrive.

I know you arent trying to do anything wrong, I just dont want to see you get an account suspended or restricted.

Comment

Wallstreet-I am all set now. Even though I have received many different versions of what free riding is from the SAME brokerage house, I play it safe always now and make sure the funds are always available.
        The only reason it happened once is that I didn't understand the rules;now I do, even though as stated I am not sure that all the brokers do.
        Re: margin account, the only problem is that with THIS account I don't have anything which is marginable(stocks are under $4), so term is meaningless here, no?

Comment

Savage,

100 percent correct.. if you dont have marginable stocks it doesnt help you at all. You might consider transfering a big position that you have which you arent going to sell just for the margin it frees up from another firm.

About the different stories, well to be honest you are dealing with young guys who are cutting their teeth so they might not know a ton about it, or even people who arent licensed and wouldnt know.

Most people run into this once and understand it, then its not an issue again..like you are saying.

WLSF looks good, big congrats..you deserve it!

I might stand pat for a long time..it smells like a market dump is coming..resistance all over the place. I want to get in a few positions for a year end rally and it might take a few weeks to walk this market down. Thats tough for me, but I think it is my plan.

Comment

Wallstreet-I am going to mow my lawn now, and the fear is there that when I come back wlsf will be down from where it is now.
            I really shouldn't look at it that way, but I guess thats human nature(or at least my nature).
            Talk to you after I mow the lawn(hope my investments don't get 'mowed" during my brief absence).

Comment

STOCK THAT SHOULD GO UP ALOT

WHAI SHOULD BE BOUGHT--IM TOLD 10.00 IN 2 YEARS-THIS IS NOT A TRADE ITS A BUY AND HOLD--THEY HAVE BIG MEETING IN NYCITY TOMORROW--I JUST BOUGHT IT AT 2.90 A SHARE

Comment

Wallstreet- I am pooped(for the time being anyways) from mowing the lawn, and to my amazement stock hasn't dropped yet.
                By the way I agree with your comments about "rookies" not understanding free riding.
                Keep me updated and hope your investments are doing well and/or if you take buy something new, you hit it big.
                Mary-thanks for that stock. I am curious as to what wallstreet has to say about it.

Comment

Savage,

You must have a big yard..lol

As for mary's stock, I cant recommend it. If I am taking a time horizon of 2 yrs I am not going to buy a BB stock or a PK stock unless it is on the sheets for a reason (like I bot HLSH and SONS) that they are going BACK to being listed.

I would recommend taking that same price point and research a stock that might be down now and buy it..somthing like JDSU or CHTR or MRVC or VTSS somthing that has legit earnings, audited financials and you can trust what the company says.

That doesnt mean she/he wont hit it big, maybe it will happen, but the odds are against you when the company cannot comply with the requirments to be on the NYSE/AMEX or NASDAQ.

I hope it works out, but they also said DFIB was going to triple in a day if I recall correctly.

Take it for what it is worth, I just have experience with all kinds of trading and you play against the odds when you trade BB stocks and PK stocks, especially for buy and hold.

Comment

Wallstreet-I do have a big backyard, either that or I am just slowing down;an hour to mow it is normal actually.
                    Nice day in the market(wlsf) and small hit on ugho.
                    Now hopefully some nice winners for me and youI(if you bet tonight) in bases tonight on a MUCH MUCH smaller scale for obvious reasons!(for me anyways).

Comment

Savage,

I cant win on bases at all. I have given up on it. I tried my own skills or lack thereof, I tried others, I just lost almost every wager I made. Especially on good teams like St.Louis.

I hope you fare better, I just cannot bet it.

I had a big yard when in Pa, had to pay someone to do it..

lol

Comment

Wallstreet-I am a knowledgeable baseball fan but a lousy capper.
                        I usually mix my own picks(shouldn't do it) with the picks posted for free by the good cappers and in service request section to try to stay above water.
                        Believe me what I bet and win or lose in a week is a tiny fraction of whatI I invest in the market;its a hobby and nothing else.

Comment

World Health Alternatives, Inc. Adds Depth to Management Team; World Health Also Unveils New, Interactive Website

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BusinessWire
                          06:00 a.m. 09/22/2004

PITTSBURGH, Sep 22, 2004 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- World Health Alternatives, Inc. (WHAI), a premier medical staffing company that provides medical, professional and administrative staffing services to the healthcare industry through its World Health and MedTech Medical Staffing Divisions, today announced additions to its management team.

John C. Sercu was previously appointed to the newly created position of Chief Operating Officer of World Health. Mr. Sercu was formerly the CEO of Pulse Healthcare Staffing, Inc. and joined World Health in May 2004, following the Company's purchase of Pulse. Mr. Sercu joined Pulse after holding the CEO position at Parker Services, Inc., a privately held, regional staffing company based in Seattle, Washington. Prior to his employment with Parker Services, Mr. Sercu was a Vice President of Staffing for Cotelligent and then transitioned to Hall Kinion & Associates, Inc., a publicly held staffing company (HAKI) based in San Francisco, CA, where he served as its Executive Vice President of Contract Services. Mr. Sercu's prior experience also includes working for Coca-Cola and Pepsi in their respective sales departments and for Coors as a National Sales Manager. Mr. Sercu holds a B.S. in finance and marketing from California State University in Sacramento, and completed the Graduate Management Program at the University of Washington's Business School. He is also a veteran of the Unites States Army.

Richard McDonald, President of World Health Alternatives, said, "John Sercu has a proven track record in the operations side of the staffing industry. He knows the California market as well as the travel nursing business, and I have relied on his business sense and enthusiasm throughout the integration of Pulse's operations into World Health. Additionally, John brings practical experience in leading and growing large business units in the staffing industry, which is reflected in the growth of Pulse and other staffing firms with which he has been involved. John and I have established a great working relationship and he will play a key role in our future operations and anticipated expansion. In fact, his assistance in integrating World-Ware, the web based IT infrastructure that will form the backbone of the Company's computer operations and support systems, into the Company's operational systems has already demonstrated his ability to lead our operations."

Mr. Sercu said, "World Health Alternatives is on a path of rapid growth and opportunistic acquisition that will require careful planning and attention to detail. I believe that my in-depth knowledge and experience in the staffing industry, coupled with my hands-on approach to managing, has already been, and will continue to be, an invaluable asset to World Health. I've enjoyed an excellent working relationship with Richard McDonald over the past few months and look forward to a long and successful future with the Company."

World Health has also strengthened its management team through the addition of two new Vice Presidents. Dorreen Addelmann has joined the Company as a Vice President of Recruiting. In her 15 years of recruiting and sales experience, Ms. Addelmann has worked as Managing Vice President for Hall Kinion & Associates, where she founded a new branch office and led the national account efforts for Hall Kinion's largest customer. She has also held sales and recruiting roles at other staffing companies and at a Big Four accounting firm. She holds a B.S. in Management from Cardinal Stritch University and an MBA from the University of St. Thomas in Minnesota.

Kristen Blos-Long also joins World Health as a Vice President in the Travel Allied Health Division. She brings almost 10 years of experience in staffing and human resources management to the Company. Also a former employee of Hall Kinion, Ms. Blos-Long worked extensively in recruiting with start-up companies in Silicon Valley. She is a graduate of the University of California at Santa Barbara and San Jose State, where she studied Advertising and Marketing.

The Company also unveiled its new, interactive website, which can be found at www.whstaff.com . Mr. McDonald, in announcing the new website, said, "With the rapid changes in our business following our acquisitions, we have revamped our corporate website. We believe it will better reflect our new organization, help existing and potential clients learn more about us and our services, and aid investors through increased communication with the Company."

About World Health Alternatives

World Health Alternatives, Inc. is a premier human resources firm offering specialized healthcare personnel for staffing and consulting needs in the healthcare industry. The Company, through its World Health and MedTech Medical Staffing Divisions, places its experienced personnel on a project, temporary, permanent, or temporary-to-permanent basis. These options allow clients to control the expenses associated with new staff while also giving them the unique opportunity to evaluate a candidate's performance essentially risk-free. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, the Company has branch offices in Citrus Heights, CA, Boca Raton, FL, Sanford, FL, Danvers, MA, Portsmouth, NH, Nashua, NH, Cleveland, OH and Portland, OR. Additional information about World Health can be found at the Company's website at www.whstaff.com .

Comment

Wlsf is really flying.
                            I think I will raise mental stop to $1.80 for at least some of the shares.
                            Wallstreet-what do you think?

Comment

I was just going to come on and congratulate you..

Nice going on all shares now, you really deserve it.

Keep sliding up the mental stop, but take it if you have to.

Or.. if you had a profit in mind on the trade, the profit is exceeded, take a percentage of the shares off the table.

There is never a bad time to take a profit. We will never catch every penny, but taking them is as important as buying right.

Oh and a comment about betting..I would more if I could win. To me I stink at it no matter what I do, I still enjoy it and if the percentages were with me I would play quite a bit more. Gambling for me is comparable to options in the stock market, it looks sexy and has huge single upside, but most lose just like in gambling.

You been watching the news on that UGHO? Just horrible how the company is pumping itself, talking about hitting highs on volume blah blah..that is just a blatant joke..

Keep up the good work on that stock..CLN looks dead in the water.

Comment

Wallstreet-thanks.
                                I don't want to be too greedy but not too conservative either-a happy medium is needed with this stock.
                                Re: gambling-I just have fun with it, watch the cappers and try to act as a Ralph Nader type re: the services which try to deceive/mislead, etc.
                                I love to bet games pretty small actually, 4 team parlays, etc. and enjoy myself, win or lose and not lose any sleep.
                                I am not trying to get rich with gambling, as the odds as you say are stacked against you as with options(I lost my short on these and am proud to say I haven't bought any of these for at least 5 years).

Comment

Working...
                                X