X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's the outrage?

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/boxin...ngverbal_N.htm

Below is an excerpt from the article:

Despite their mutual respect for each other's boxing skills, Hopkins got in Calzaghe's face and spouted this zinger: "I would never let a white boy beat me!"
    If a white athlete called his opponent "a black boy" the media would be jamming it down our throats. Reverend Al, Shithead, Sharpton would be on every 24-hour news showing screaming for the resignation or suspension of the athlete.

tough subject to talk about...but you are right.

It would be non stop coverage until someone was held responsible.
    It's always noon somewhere!

My Fish and Aquariums

Griffey's Posted Record

Comment

Your definitely right but this is nothing new. Happens all the time.
      "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it." George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        jordanrules..................

Comment

Same With Some Peoeple Who Say Hansbouro Only Won The Player Of The Yr B/c Hes White

Comment

FrankB03----this is a case where I find myself rooting and pulling for the foreign "WelshMan" in lieu of our own USA man.....

and you're right, had it been reversed, all the Sharptons, Jacksons, and now Obamas would jump all over it.....

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Bump For You Know Who's

Comment

Originally posted by 3ebRocks
                Your definitely right but this is nothing new. Happens all the time.

I AGREE 100%
                MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
                HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03
                  http://www.usatoday.com/sports/boxin...ngverbal_N.htm

Below is an excerpt from the article:

If a white athlete called his opponent "a black boy" the media would be jamming it down our throats. Reverend Al, Shithead, Sharpton would be on every 24-hour news showing screaming for the resignation or suspension of the athlete.
                  NOT EVEN CLOSE FRANK-FUCKING SICKENING ISN'T IT !!
                  DON'T YOU EAT THE YELLOW SNOW !! PS-MARVIN LOVES SPLIT SALAD !!

Comment

There is a double standard with this and we all know it but thats because black people dont think they are treated fairly......If Obama gets elected I think that will go a long way into healing this country's racial divide

PEACE

Comment

Originally posted by jordanrules23
                      Bump For You Know Who's
                      And who might that be?

Comment

Amazing how the double standard applies.

Here is the 1 positive out of his comment:

It was said in English.
                        Am I the longest tenured BC member?

Comment

just terrible ur right a white guy sayin somethin bout black guy would be all over the place....tired of hearin blacks are treated unfair that shit ended long time ago sure u do get some instances still but isnt it unfair that blacks get into colleges and govt jobs before others cuz of skin color, its true but blacks wouldnt admit it
                          edification will take place pull up the reins and get outta the race.

Comment

Can we move this to the Rant section? Ooops. How about Non Gambling
                            2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Comment

Originally posted by live jive
                              just terrible ur right a white guy sayin somethin bout black guy would be all over the place....tired of hearin blacks are treated unfair that shit ended long time ago sure u do get some instances still but isnt it unfair that blacks get into colleges and govt jobs before others cuz of skin color, its true but blacks wouldnt admit it

You must be joking.... Are you for real or are you Jordan with an alias???? You dont get a 400 year headstart especially with the voting rights act of 1965 just being a little over 40 years ago and expect things to be equal? Bernard Hopkins was wrong for what he said. Dammit he is a boxer, he makes his living kicking ass. He is not making policy that will effect your life. So why are you worrying about what b hop said?

Comment

Working...
                              X