Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BillMill71
    Can we move this to the Rant section? Ooops. How about Non Gambling

You are so right!!!!!!! The jobs report came out yesterday 80k people lost thier jobs. They are white, black, asian, hispanic. People of every race, we need to identify the real problem and address that.

Comment

Originally posted by buddyluv1968
      You must be joking.... Are you for real or are you Jordan with an alias???? You dont get a 400 year headstart especially with the voting rights act of 1965 just being a little over 40 years ago and expect things to be equal? Bernard Hopkins was wrong for what he said. Dammit he is a boxer, he makes his living kicking ass. He is not making policy that will effect your life. So why are you worrying about what b hop said?

So who decides when things are "equal", and what exactly is the definition of equality?

Affirmative action has been around for what, 30 years? So anyone under 40 hasn't really experienced the racial bias of older african-americans.

Maybe he should be addressing the 70% out of wedlock birth rate in the african-american community. I wonder if that has any effect on success or the future. One in three african-americans between 18-25 locked up or on some sort of probation. Any effect? Can't be as good of a dad behind bars one would think.
      Can Barack tell me what a "typical" white person is please?

Comment

Originally posted by dakingisdead
        So who decides when things are "equal", and what exactly is the definition of equality?

Affirmative action has been around for what, 30 years? So anyone under 40 hasn't really experienced the racial bias of older african-americans.

Maybe he should be addressing the 70% out of wedlock birth rate in the african-american community. I wonder if that has any effect on success or the future. One in three african-americans between 18-25 locked up or on some sort of probation. Any effect? Can't be as good of a dad behind bars one would think.
        Are you serious???? You have to be kidding!!!!! I am going to make this brief because today is a big sports day. I am going to get deep with you so please try to follow. This country from 1619 to present has policies that has been damaging to lower economic citizens. (Black and White) I study a lot of socialogy at the University Of Louisville. I also have a minor in Pan African Studies.(My creditials) If you believe in numbers statistics is on my side. Blacks and stopped more by police than whites. Blacks are punished more than whites when the same crimes are commited. If you treat a group of people the way how the poor and minoritys are treated in this country with policies to lock them up as easy as it is for blacks and the other poor. You will have a generation that is locked up and a group of kids growing up with no father. It is almost 1pm I really do not have get with my picks. So I am going to propose this to you. If you and I had a 5 mile foot race and I give you a 4 mile head start plus you have help from more people would you expect me to win? Would you expect me not to be upset. You know connections is very important and useful. It can really effect a family tree. IF GEORGE W. BUSH WAS BORN IN THE GHETTO WITH THE SAME RESOURCES PEOPLE IN THE GHETTO HAS HE WOULD EITHER BE DEAD IN JAIL OR ONE OF THE 80K PEOPLE THAT LOST THEIR JOBS IN MARCH. SO DO NOT GIVE ME THE SHIT THAT RACISM DOES NOT EXIST. I AM 39 YEARS OLD AND I EXPERIENCE IT ALL THE TIME. I NEVER COMPLAIN ABOUT IT BECAUSE IT IS A PART OF LIFE. YESTERDAY WAS THE 40TH ANNY OF THE ASSINATION OF DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. I WAS REMINDED IN THE CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT BOTH BLACKS AND WHITES WORKED TOGETHER TO GET THINGS DONE.... GOTTA GO

Comment

Are you serious???? You have to be kidding!!!!! I am going to make this brief because today is a big sports day. I am going to get deep with you so please try to follow. This country from 1619 to present has policies that has been damaging to lower economic citizens. (Black and White) I study a lot of socialogy at the University Of Louisville. I also have a minor in Pan African Studies.(My creditials) If you believe in numbers statistics is on my side. Blacks and stopped more by police than whites. Blacks are punished more than whites when the same crimes are commited. If you treat a group of people the way how the poor and minoritys are treated in this country with policies to lock them up as easy as it is for blacks and the other poor. You will have a generation that is locked up and a group of kids growing up with no father. It is almost 1pm I really do not have get with my picks. So I am going to propose this to you. If you and I had a 5 mile foot race and I give you a 4 mile head start plus you have help from more people would you expect me to win? Would you expect me not to be upset. You know connections is very important and useful. It can really effect a family tree. IF GEORGE W. BUSH WAS BORN IN THE GHETTO WITH THE SAME RESOURCES PEOPLE IN THE GHETTO HAS HE WOULD EITHER BE DEAD IN JAIL OR ONE OF THE 80K PEOPLE THAT LOST THEIR JOBS IN MARCH. SO DO NOT GIVE ME THE SHIT THAT RACISM DOES NOT EXIST. I AM 39 YEARS OLD AND I EXPERIENCE IT ALL THE TIME. I NEVER COMPLAIN ABOUT IT BECAUSE IT IS A PART OF LIFE. YESTERDAY WAS THE 40TH ANNY OF THE ASSINATION OF DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. I WAS REMINDED IN THE CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT BOTH BLACKS AND WHITES WORKED TOGETHER TO GET THINGS DONE.... GOTTA GO
          The JUICE is black and got away with murder?
          Nothing is as far away as one minute ago.

Comment

PLEASE, point out where I wrote that racism doesn't exist? My question posed was "When and who determines when things are equal"?

And using your example of the foot race, at what point do we start togther? How long will someone be spotted the difference? Who determines that?

And wasn't one of the reasons for affirmative action to combat the "connections" aspect of life? And while not a spot on example, connections are not just a white man's priviledge. A customer who frequents a bar or knows the bartender will be "hooked up" with drinks and/or a lower tab. You might know someone who works at a store and offers you their employee discount. So these "connections" exist everyday/everywhere.

So again, I ask, who determines when the playing field is level, if ever, and what is the definition of "level"? And if/when that day comes, what programs are done away with?

Believe it or not, I am sure we agree more then we disagree. Racial bias in the court system does cut both ways, crack sentences vs cocaine sentences are crazy, and their WAS systemic racism that has caused many of the modern-day problems. But not all.

IMO, the more it is talked about, the closer changes for the better can be reached. When the topic is avoided, or racist, pinheaded mouthpieces like Sharpton, Jackson, Wright, David Duke, skin-heads or neo-nazi's continue to divide and not unite, then nothing will ever get better.
            Last edited by dakingisdead; 04-05-2008, 01:09 PM.
            Can Barack tell me what a "typical" white person is please?

Comment

first of all cock the point of thread was what he said bout not losin to "white boy" and u said well he's a boxer he kicks ass for a livin...so that makes it ok??? makes u sound like an ass... if kelly pavlik said to his opponent i wont lose to a "black boy" it would be all over every sports station all the black activists would be goin nuts....tired of black people actin like they are owed somethin and can get away w. shit cuz of racsim they experienced
              edification will take place pull up the reins and get outta the race.

Comment

You must be joking.... Are you for real or are you Jordan with an alias???? You dont get a 400 year headstart especially with the voting rights act of 1965 just being a little over 40 years ago and expect things to be equal? Bernard Hopkins was wrong for what he said. Dammit he is a boxer, he makes his living kicking ass. He is not making policy that will effect your life. So why are you worrying about what b hop said?
                wow, spoken like a true hypocrite.....Imus gets paid to be outlandish and outspoken, why were you worrying about what he said????
                jordanrules..................

Comment

Originally posted by dakingisdead

Comment

if anyone actually reads this and is on this guys side,,,,i'm really sorry for you

Comment

Originally posted by live jive
                      first of all cock the point of thread was what he said bout not losin to "white boy" and u said well he's a boxer he kicks ass for a livin...so that makes it ok??? makes u sound like an ass... if kelly pavlik said to his opponent i wont lose to a "black boy" it would be all over every sports station all the black activists would be goin nuts....tired of black people actin like they are owed somethin and can get away w. shit cuz of racsim they experienced
                      Dumb ass I did write that Hopkins was wrong for saying what he said. I need to get you hooked on phonics because I also wrote that he is just a boxer and he is not the most intelligent person out there so I do not pay him much attention. Just as I did not pay much attention to John Rocker comments.

Comment

I agree with you a 100%. This is total BS. If the welshman would have said black boy, shit would have hit the fan. But saying white boy isn't racist. Total shit. I am sick of that shit.

Comment

THIS IS A SUBJECT THAT NOBODY WILL EVER EVER AGREE ON WITH GOOD POINTS ON BOTH SIDES

BUT ONE THING IS SET IN STONE IS FRANK IS RIGHT, IF A WHITE GUY DID SAY THIS IT WOULD BE ON WORLD HEADLINE NEWS AND EVERY BLACK LEADER WOULDF BE OUTRAGED
                          AND BUDDYLUV U SAY HOW BLACK PEOPLE ARE COMMITED LONGER IN JAIL FOR THE SAME AS WHITE PEOPLE, I WOULD HAVE TO REALLY LOOK INTO THAT CAUSE, IMO DON'T U THINK IT IS BECAUSE BLACK'S MIGHT BE COMMITTING MORE CRIMES THEN WHITE PEOPLE???
                          AND U SAY BLACKS GET PULLED OVER MORE THEN WHITES BY COPS, I WOULD ALSO HAVE TO LOOK INTO THAT ALSO CAUSE THEN I GO RIGHT BACK TO IS IT NOT A PROVEN FACT THAT BLACKS PER RATE OF POPULATION VS WHITES COMMITTE MORE CRIMES??? PLEASE CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG AND MOST THOSE COPS THAT ARE PULLING OVER BLACKS ARE BLACK COPS FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND,THEY JUST DID A BIG WRITE UP HERE IN STLOUIS HOW THEY ARE TRYING TO PUT BLACK COPS IN THERE OWN NEIGHBORHOODS JUST SO THEY CAN BY-PASS THE ARGUMENT OF A WHITE-BLACK THING ??????

AND WHY OH WHY DO PEOPLE STILL BRING UP STUFF THAT HAS HAPPEN OVER 40,50, OR 100 YRS AGO THAT IS IN THE PAST WE,U AND THE GUY NEXT TO ME AND U CANNOT CHANGE WHAT HAS HAPPEN IN THE PAST I THINK FOR THE MOST PART EVRYONE IS TREATED PRETTY EGUAL WELL AT LEAST WHITE AND BLACKS

HELL I HAVE SERVERAL BLACK FREINDS AND THEY LAUGH AT ALOT OF THE STUPIT SHITT THAT PEOPLE BRING UP AND ME AND ONE MY BLACK BUDDIES YRS AGO WENT FOR A SUPERVISON JOB WERE I USED TO WORK AND HE EVN SAID WITH MY COLLEGE I HAD SHOULD BEEN OPEN SHUT CASE WELL AS U CAN GUESS HE,MY BALCK FREIND GOT THE JOB AND SINCE I KNOW LONGER WORK THERE I ASK THEM BEFORE I LEFT WHY I DID NOT GET THE JOB AND THEY FLAT OUT TOLD ME THERE BOSSES TOLD THEM TO HIRE THE BLACK GY CAUSE THEREE WER NO BLACK BOSSES,, SO I ASK U WHO WAS DISCRMINATED AGAINST??? AND I HAVE NO GROUPS OR AL SHARPTIONS OR JESSIE JACKSON TO CALL THE WHITE MALE,JUST GOING TOTALLY BY A NEWS PAPER,HAS A HARDER CHANCE AT GETTING A JOB THEN ANYONE RIGHT NOW SO REALLY WHO IS THE PERSON THAT REALLY GETS SHITT ON THESE DAYS?????WERE PAYING FOR THINGS THAT HAD HAPPPEN BEFORE I WAS EVER THOUGHT OF???????
                          BUT LIKE I SAID NOW U CAN COME BACK WITH A SHITT LOAD OF YOUR OWN THINGS ABOUT THINGS THAT HAS HAPPEN TO BKLACKS LIKE I SAID AT THE SART OF THIS REPLY THERE IS A NEVER ENDING ARGUMENT THAT WILL NEVER GET RESOLVED IT WILL JUST RAISE YOUR BLOODPRESSURE FOR A LITTLE BIT LOL
                          GLLLLLLLLLL GETER DONE nOW LETS GET BACK TO SPOERTS
                          U GOT A HUNCH BET A BUNCH
                          THINK LONG THINK WRONG

ROLLLLLLLLLL TIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
                          BAMA BAMA BAMA

Comment

there are too many racists in the world, both black and white.
                            sharpton, jackson, duke, etc. - they are all racists.
                            the only way to stop this is to quit making everything a black/white issue. i am tired of hearing about what happened 400 years ago. i wasn't alive then and neither was my child nor any of your immediate family.
                            we just had a white football coach lose his job here in louisiana because he was hired last year over a black coach. there was NOTHING racial about the hiring but now it is being made out to be a racial hiring of a white coach when he was more qualified. i am far from a racist - my daughter is married to an asian man who serves in the US Army - but what is right is right. It shouldn't be a black/white issue and if race is brought up by EITHER side, then IT IS racism, whether the whites or blacks complain.

lets make everything a right/wrong issue instead of a black/white issue. same thing with government - it should be a right/wrong issue, not a dem/rep issue.
                            as long as people keep the blinders on where blacks blame whites and whites blame blacks or democrats blame republicans or republicans blame democrats, we will continue to have 80k of people out of work, we will continue to have poverty in our own country and crime will continue to increase instead of decrease.
                            just my opinion which doesn't mean shit but i still can say it cause my computer lets me
                            jc Wishes He Can Get A Goat

Comment

Originally posted by rocko
                              THIS IS A SUBJECT THAT NOBODY WILL EVER EVER AGREE ON WITH GOOD POINTS ON BOTH SIDES

BUT ONE THING IS SET IN STONE IS FRANK IS RIGHT, IF A WHITE GUY DID SAY THIS IT WOULD BE ON WORLD HEADLINE NEWS AND EVERY BLACK LEADER WOULDF BE OUTRAGED
                              AND BUDDYLUV U SAY HOW BLACK PEOPLE ARE COMMITED LONGER IN JAIL FOR THE SAME AS WHITE PEOPLE, I WOULD HAVE TO REALLY LOOK INTO THAT CAUSE, IMO DON'T U THINK IT IS BECAUSE BLACK'S MIGHT BE COMMITTING MORE CRIMES THEN WHITE PEOPLE???
                              AND U SAY BLACKS GET PULLED OVER MORE THEN WHITES BY COPS, I WOULD ALSO HAVE TO LOOK INTO THAT ALSO CAUSE THEN I GO RIGHT BACK TO IS IT NOT A PROVEN FACT THAT BLACKS PER RATE OF POPULATION VS WHITES COMMITTE MORE CRIMES??? PLEASE CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG AND MOST THOSE COPS THAT ARE PULLING OVER BLACKS ARE BLACK COPS FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND,THEY JUST DID A BIG WRITE UP HERE IN STLOUIS HOW THEY ARE TRYING TO PUT BLACK COPS IN THERE OWN NEIGHBORHOODS JUST SO THEY CAN BY-PASS THE ARGUMENT OF A WHITE-BLACK THING ??????

AND WHY OH WHY DO PEOPLE STILL BRING UP STUFF THAT HAS HAPPEN OVER 40,50, OR 100 YRS AGO THAT IS IN THE PAST WE,U AND THE GUY NEXT TO ME AND U CANNOT CHANGE WHAT HAS HAPPEN IN THE PAST I THINK FOR THE MOST PART EVRYONE IS TREATED PRETTY EGUAL WELL AT LEAST WHITE AND BLACKS

HELL I HAVE SERVERAL BLACK FREINDS AND THEY LAUGH AT ALOT OF THE STUPIT SHITT THAT PEOPLE BRING UP AND ME AND ONE MY BLACK BUDDIES YRS AGO WENT FOR A SUPERVISON JOB WERE I USED TO WORK AND HE EVN SAID WITH MY COLLEGE I HAD SHOULD BEEN OPEN SHUT CASE WELL AS U CAN GUESS HE,MY BALCK FREIND GOT THE JOB AND SINCE I KNOW LONGER WORK THERE I ASK THEM BEFORE I LEFT WHY I DID NOT GET THE JOB AND THEY FLAT OUT TOLD ME THERE BOSSES TOLD THEM TO HIRE THE BLACK GY CAUSE THEREE WER NO BLACK BOSSES,, SO I ASK U WHO WAS DISCRMINATED AGAINST??? AND I HAVE NO GROUPS OR AL SHARPTIONS OR JESSIE JACKSON TO CALL THE WHITE MALE,JUST GOING TOTALLY BY A NEWS PAPER,HAS A HARDER CHANCE AT GETTING A JOB THEN ANYONE RIGHT NOW SO REALLY WHO IS THE PERSON THAT REALLY GETS SHITT ON THESE DAYS?????WERE PAYING FOR THINGS THAT HAD HAPPPEN BEFORE I WAS EVER THOUGHT OF???????
                              BUT LIKE I SAID NOW U CAN COME BACK WITH A SHITT LOAD OF YOUR OWN THINGS ABOUT THINGS THAT HAS HAPPEN TO BKLACKS LIKE I SAID AT THE SART OF THIS REPLY THERE IS A NEVER ENDING ARGUMENT THAT WILL NEVER GET RESOLVED IT WILL JUST RAISE YOUR BLOODPRESSURE FOR A LITTLE BIT LOL
                              GLLLLLLLLLL GETER DONE nOW LETS GET BACK TO SPOERTS

I agree lets get back to sports!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Almost everyone in this thread cried that this comment didn't get any publicity or mention.......Really?

Funny that it was mentioned in the largest newspaper in this country in the third paragraph in the first post of this thread. USAtoday printed it and put it online.

Mentioned as the lead to the story on AOL.com
                                http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/...t-a-white-boy/

Mentioned as the lead to the story on NBC.com. And was written by the Associated Press. The largest media outlet in the world which was distributed to almost EVERY media publication in the world.
                                http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/23243822/

That was only the first two I even tried to find. Who says that this hasn't been blown out of proportion? Does their need to be an Amber alert to satisfy the whites as equal coverage? Or maybe breaking up programming for an emergency alert? Maybe a Congressional hearing?

This is boxing. It's become about as hyped and about as phony as the WWF. No doubt the comments were ignorant and of poor taste. But let's not get carried away that this hasn't been publicized or NEEDS to be publicized any more than it was.

KAZ
                                Last edited by KazDog; 04-05-2008, 09:14 PM.
                                [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

Working...
                                X