Where's the outrage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KazDog
    I don't get where you're coming from. Those guys would go after IMUS because he is in a completely different place than Hopkins as far as public forum or intellectual level goes. And no we shouldn't be holding Hopkins to IMUS's intellectual standards.

KAZ
    My point is it goes back to my original question: Who declares what is a public enough forum, or the intellectual levels to dismiss such comments? Obviously you have decided these 2 aren't in the same league, forum, or intellect, and that is your right. But what about others who don't apply the standards you apply? Who speaks for them?
    Can Barack tell me what a "typical" white person is please?

Comment

Originally posted by dakingisdead
      So you don't see the use of the phrase "typical white person" as including and offending MANY people who might not fall into his narrow assessment of the white race?

And I respectfully disagree with how you see the hypothetical Mccain comment. There would a MAJOR story and blowup. Just look at the coverage you provided links for when a racial comment was made by a "brain dead boxer".

VERY odd how that the obama "typical white person" comment story never got front page news or the scrutiny it deserved.
      NO. I don't think it's unrealistic to believe that most white people fear blacks or vice versa. If he said ALL, it be a different story. If you think it 'deserved' scrutiny, then you are no different than Sharpton and Jackson. Is your problem with the comment or the fact that no white people run around screamming with their arms high in the air that he made it? Seems to me, you're looking for a white Sharpton or white Jackson. There's a hell of a lot more history behind why blacks would or should fear white people than whites who fear blacks. You grasp at one offhanded comment to think that there should be an outrage over it? Get over it....
      KAZ
      [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

My point is it goes back to my original question: Who declares what is a public enough forum, or the intellectual levels to dismiss such comments? Obviously you have decided these 2 aren't in the same league, forum, or intellect, and that is your right. But what about others who don't apply the standards you apply? Who speaks for them?
        Public opinion is who speaks for them. I, as part of the public and someone who thinks he is smart enough to know the difference between Hopkin's comments and IMUS's comments, do not believe that it warrants the kind of outrage that has been displayed here and has already been publicized enough as I stated already. Which you don't seem to get....

KAZ
        [email protected]

Comment

NO. I don't think it's unrealistic to believe that most white people fear blacks or vice versa. If he said ALL, it be a different story. If you think it 'deserved' scrutiny, then you are no different than Sharpton and Jackson. Is your problem with the comment or the fact that no white people run around screamming with their arms high in the air that he made it? Seems to me, you're looking for a white Sharpton or white Jackson. There's a hell of a lot more history behind why blacks would or should fear white people than whites who fear blacks. You grasp at one offhanded comment to think that there should be an outrage over it? Get over it....
          KAZ
          Typical:
          combining or exhibiting the essential characteristics of a group

I was offended by the comments. He was throwing his grandmother under a bus when saying she feared blacks on the street, and the "typical white person" comment came the next day when he was asked to explain why.

I don't need a sharpton/jackson mouthpiece, but you, of all people, don't find it odd that the story wasn't covered in depth, as you had no idea about it 2 weeks later.

So according to his own words, the group (all whites) fear black people. Do you agree or disagree with that statement? And since he knew the comment was offensive, he oddly changed it the next day, removing the "black person" part and just using the word "somebody" on the street.

Comment

Public opinion is who speaks for them. I, as part of the public and someone who thinks he is smart enough to know the difference between Hopkin's comments and IMUS's comments,

do not believe that it warrants the kind of outrage that has been displayed here

and has already been publicized enough as I stated already. Which you don't seem to get....

KAZ
            I get "you" aren't outraged. But the others who have posted being outraged have just as much right to be angry, yet you seem to apply a standard to them that they are wrong.

Comment

PLAY THAT FUNKY MUSIC WHITE BOY

Wild Cherry took some heat for that lyric back in the 70's and lots of the same comments were made that you could certainly not say BLACK BOY. Good song anyway

Comment

Typical:
                combining or exhibiting the essential characteristics of a group

I was offended by the comments. He was throwing his grandmother under a bus when saying she feared blacks on the street, and the "typical white person" comment came the next day when he was asked to explain why.

I don't need a sharpton/jackson mouthpiece, but you, of all people, don't find it odd that the story wasn't covered in depth, as you had no idea about it 2 weeks later.

So according to his own words, the group (all whites) fear black people. Do you agree or disagree with that statement? And since he knew the comment was offensive, he oddly changed it the next day, removing the "black person" part and just using the word "somebody" on the street.
                That's good you were offended. DOn't vote for him. I didn't hear about it as I haven't been keeping up with it. And I still don't think it was so onerous. Why haven't all the white Sharpton's been all over it? AKA Rush and O'Reilly? And if they have, then you got what you wanted. Do I think ALL whites fear blacks? No. Do I think whites typically fear blacks? Yes. Do I think ALL black people fear whites. No. Do I think blacks typically fear whites? Yes.

I'm done running around the bushes with you. You want to grasp at anything you can so nail him. Good for you. It's obvious that it wasn't considered a big deal by Republican's because they would have been harping all over it. Politician's make gaff's all the time. There's a blundering idiot in the oval office that has made plenty. Like I said, get over it.....

good night

KAZ
                [email protected]

Comment

I get "you" aren't outraged. But the others who have posted being outraged have just as much right to be angry, yet you seem to apply a standard to them that they are wrong.
                  I have an 'opinion' they are wrong. I am entitled to it. Just as they are entitled to theirs. It's an open forum. I posted two links that showed it was publicized enough and it was an idiotic comment. I backed my point up and didn't just say....."you guys are wrong and moron's. Done!

KAZ
                  [email protected]

Comment

So if it's not ok for Hopkins to say it b/c he's a "brain dead boxer", do you think it's ok for anyone to say?

And who should we care about saying things like this? Since you have eliminated boxers.

HEY ITS TONY NICO.

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
                      So you're telling me every comment from a white man that Jesse Jackson and Rev Sharp blow up are from this "intellectual society" you speak about? Quit making excuses...
                      SOONER ARE YOU SERIOUS YOUR WAY TOO SMART TO COMPARE JESSE JACKSON AL SHARPTON AND BERNARD HOPKINS.

CMON MAN. YOU DAMN WELL KNOW MORONS LIKE TONY NICO JORDAN RULES AND FLARE ARE BORDERLINE RACIST

IS BERNARD HOPKINS WRONG FOR WHAT HE SAID? YES. IS BERNARD HOPKINS SOME NOBEL WINNER? NO. THATS ESTABLISHED. SHOULD HE BE HELD TO SOME TYPE OF STANDARD?YES

GUYS LIKE FLARE JORDAN RULES AND TONY NICO LOVE TO POINT TO SHARPTON JACKSON OR OTHER POLARIZING FIGURES TO TRY TO PROVE A POINT BECAUSE THEY'RE IDIOTS, THATS ALL THEY HAVE.(TONY NICO LOOK UP THE WORD POLARIZING)

BUT REALLY SOME DUDE OUT OF THE PROJECTS MAKES A COMMENT AND YOU RUN WITH IT. IM SUPRISED AT YOU DUDE.HE PROBABLY HAS AN 9TH GRADE EDUCATION AT BEST AND HE IS A BOXER ON TOP OF IT.

IF GERRY COONEY CAME OUT AND SAID HE WASNT GOING TO LET SOME BLACK BOY BEAT HIM I WOULDNT CARE LESS BECAUSE HE IS BOXER NOT A PROFESSOR.

Comment

the white boy is a huge favorite over the black boy..isnt he???
                        jordanrules..................

Comment

the black boy lost to the white boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          jordanrules..................

Comment

Originally posted by jordanrules23
                            the black boy lost to the white boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            You beat me to it. I was going to post the same.

Comment

Originally posted by musclemann

IF GERRY COONEY CAME OUT AND SAID HE WASNT GOING TO LET SOME BLACK BOY BEAT HIM I WOULDNT CARE LESS BECAUSE HE IS BOXER NOT A PROFESSOR.
                              You might not care less but the TRUE RACIST, Al Sharpton, would be on every 24 news show screaming for the suspensions of Cooney.

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03
                                You beat me to it. I was going to post the same.

FRANK YOUR WAY TOO SMART FOR THIS I EXPECT THE 2 RESIDENT IDIOTS(YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE) TO CHIME OFF ON THIS. HOPKINS OBVIOUSLY IS WASHED UP AT 43 AND GOT BEAT BY A BETTER BOXER TONIGHT.

DO YOU THINK JORDAN RULES CUT THE FIGHT OFF WHEN HOPKINS FLOORED HIM IN THE EARLIER ROUND?

WHEN HE FOUND OUT HOPKINS LOST HE WENT HAD A CELEBRATION MEETING AMONG THE BROTHERHOOD.

STOP GIVING MORONS LIKE SHARPTON CREDIT HE HAS NO CREDIBILITY WITH ANYONE BESIDES THE STUPID MEDIA.

Comment

Working...
                                X