• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

George Carlin is one of my favorite

George Carlin on age.
    (Absolutely Brilliant)

George Carlin's Views on Aging

Do you realize that the only time in our lives when we like to get old is when we're kids? If you're less than 10 years old, you're so excited about aging that you think in fractions.

"How old are you?" "I'm four and a half!" You're never thirty-six and a half. You're four and a half, going on five! That's the key

You get into your teens, now they can't hold you back. You jump to the next number, or even a few ahead.

"How old are you?" "I'm gonna be 16!" You could be 13, but hey, you're gonna be 16! And then the greatest day of your life . You become 21. Even the words sound like a ceremony . YOU BECOME 21 YESSSS!!!

But then you turn 30. Oooohh, what happened there? Makes yo u sound like bad milk! He TURNED; we had to throw him out. There's no fun now, you're Just a sour-dumpling. What's wrong? What's changed?

You BECOME 21, you TURN 30, then you're PUSHING 40. Whoa! Put on the brakes, it's all slipping away. Before you know it, you REACH 50 and your dreams are gone.

But wait!!! You MAKE it to 60. You didn't think you would!

So you BECOME 21, TURN 30, PUSH 40, REACH 50 and MAKE it to 60.

You've built up so much speed that you HIT 70! After that it's a day-by-day thing; you HIT Wednesday!

You get into your 80's and every day is a complete cycle; you HIT lunch; you TURN 4:30 ; you REACH bedtime. And it doesn't end there. Into the 90s, you start going backwards; "I Was JUST 92."

Then a strange thing happens. If you make it over 100, you become a little kid again. "I'm 100 and a half!"
    May you all make it to a h ealthy 100 and a half!!

HOW TO STAY YOUNG
    1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay "them."

2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.

3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle. "An idle mind is the devil's workshop" And the devil's name is Alzheimer's.

4. Enjoy the simple things.

5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.

6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person, who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.

7. Surround yourself with what you love , whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.

8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.

9. Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the ****, even to the next county; to a foreign country but NOT to where the guilt is.

10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.

AND ALWAYS REMEMBER :
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

A woman takes a lover home during the day while
      her husband is at work.
      Her 9-year old son comes home unexpectedly,
      sees them and hides in the bedroom closet to watch.

The woman's husband also comes home.
      She puts her lover in the closet, not realizing

that the little boy is in there already.

The little boy says, "Dark in here."
      The man says, "Yes, it is."
      Boy: "I have a baseball."
      Man: "That's nice"
      Boy: "Want to buy it?"
      Man: "No, thanks."
      Boy: "My Dad's outside."
      Man: "OK, how much?"
      Boy: "$250"

In the next few weeks, it happens again that the
      boy and the lover are in the closet together.

Boy: "Dark in here."
      Man: "Yes, it is."
      Boy: "I have a baseball glove."
      The lover, remembering the last time,
      asks the boy, How much?"
      Boy: "$750"
      Man: "Sold."

A few days later, the Dad says to the boy, "Grab
      your glove, let's go outside and have a game of catch."
      The boy says, "I can't, I sold my baseball and my glove."

The Dad asks, "How much did you sell them for?"
      Boy: "$1,000"

The Dad says, "That's terrible to over charge your
      friends like that...that is way more than those two
      things cost. I'm taking you to church, to confession."

They go to the church and the Dad makes the little
      boy sit in the confessional booth and closes the door.

The boy says, "Dark in here."
      The priest says, "Don't start that shit again;
      you're in my closet now."

Comment

While walking through Golden Gate Park in San Francisco , a man came upon another man hugging a tree with his ear firmly against the tree. Seeing this he inquired, "Just out of curiosity, what the heck are you doing?"

"I'm listening to the music of the tree," the other man replied.

"You've gotta be kiddin' me."

"No, would you like to give it a try?"

Understandably curious, the man says, "Well, OK..." So he wrapped his arms around the tree and pressed his ear up against it. With this, the other guy slapped a pair of handcuffs on him, took his wallet, jewelry, car keys, then stripped him naked and left.

Two hours later another nature lover strolled by, saw this guy handcuffed to the tree stark naked, and asked, "What the heck happened to you?"

He told the guy the whole terrible story about how he got there.

When he finished telling his story, the other guy shook his head in sympathy, walked around behind him, kissed him gently behind the ear and said, "This just ain't gonna be your day, cupcake..."

Comment

A blonde and her husband are lying in bed listening to the next door neighbor's dog. It has been in its backyard barking for hours and hours.

The blonde jumps up out of bed and says "I've had enough of this". She

Goes downstairs.

The blonde finally comes back up to bed and her husband says "The dog is

Still barking, what have you been doing?"

The blond says "I put the dog in our backyard, let's see how they like it .

Comment

"If you remember the Original Hollywood Squares and its comics, this may bring a tear to your eyes.
            These great questions and answers are from the days when 'Hollywood Squares' game show responses were spontaneous, not scripted, as they are now. Peter Marshall was the host asking the questions, of course..

Q. Do female frogs croak?
            A. Paul Lynde: If you hold their little heads under water long enough.

Q.If you're going to make a parachute jump, at least how high should you be?
            A. Charley Weaver: Three days of steady drinking should do it.

Q. True or False, a pea can last as long as 5,000 years.
            A. George Gobel: Boy, it sure seems that way sometimes.

Q.You've been having trouble going to sleep. Are you probably a man or a woman?
            A. Don Knotts: That's what's been keeping me awake.

Q. According to Cosmopolitan, if you meet a stranger at a party and you think that he is a ttractive, is it okay to come out and ask him if he's married?
            A. Rose Marie: No; wait until morning .

Q.Which of your five senses tends to diminish as you get older?
            A. Charley Weaver: My sense of decency.

Q. In Hawaiian, does it take more than three words to say 'I Love You'?
            A. Vincent Price: No, you can say it with a pineapple and a twenty.

Q. What are 'Do It,' 'I Can Help,' and 'I Can't Get Enough'?
            A. George Gobel: I don't know, but it's coming from the next apartment.

Q.As you grow older, do you tend to gesture more or less with your hands while talking?
            A. Rose Marie: You ask me one more growing old question Peter, and I'll give you a gesture you'll never forget!

Q. Paul, why do Hell's Angels wear leather?
            A. Paul Lynde: Because chiffon wrinkles too easily.

Q.Charley, you've just decided to grow strawberries. Are you going to get any during the first year?
            A. Charley Weaver: Of course not, I'm too busy growing strawberries.

Q. In bowling, what's a perfect score?
            A. Rose Marie: Ralph, the pin boy.

Q. It is considered in bad taste to discuss two subjects at nudist camps. One is politics, what is the other?
            A. Paul Lynde: Tape measures.

Q. During a tornado, are you safer in the bedroom or in the closet?
            A. Rose Marie: Unfortunately Peter, I'm always safe in the bedroom.

Q. Can boys join the Camp Fire Girls?
            A. Marty Allen: Only after lights out.

Q. When you pat a dog on its head he will wag his tail. What will a goose do?
            A. Paul Lynde: Make him bark?

Q.If you were pregnant for two years, what would you give birth to?
            A. Paul Lynde: Whatever it is, it would never be afraid of the dark.

Q. According to Ann Landers, is there anything wrong with getting into the habit of kissing a lot of people?
            A.. Charley Weaver: It got me out of the army.

Q. It is the most abused and neglected part of your body, what is it?
            A. Paul Lynde: Mine may be abused, but it certainly isn't neglected.

Q.Back in the old days, when Great Grandpa put horseradish on his head, what was he trying to do?
            A. George Gobel: Get it in his mouth.

Q. Who stays pregnant for a longer period of time, your wife or your elephant?
            A. Paul Lynde: Who told you about my elephant?

Q.When a couple have a baby, who is responsible for its sex?
            A. Charley Weaver: I'll lend him the car, the rest is up to him.

Q. Jackie Gleason recently revealed that he firmly believes in them and has actually seen them on at least two
            occasions. What are they?
            A. Charley Weaver: His feet.

Q. According to Ann Landers, what are two things you should never do in bed?
            A. Paul Lynde: Point and laugh

WE DON'T STOP LAUGHING BECAUSE WE GROW OLD,
            WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP LAUGHING!"

Comment

A woman decides to have a facelift for her 50th birthday.

She spends $15,000 and feels pretty good about the results.

On her way home, she stops at a newsstand to buy a newspaper.

Before leaving, she says to the clerk, 'I hope you don't mind my asking, but how old do you think I am?'

'About 32,' is the reply.'

'Nope! I'm exactly 50,' the woman says happily.

A little while later she goes into McDonald's and asks the counter girl the very same question.

The girl replies, 'I'd guess about 29.'

The woman replies with a big smile, 'Nope, I'm 50.'

Now she's feeling really good about herself. She stops in a drug store on her way down the street.

She goes up to the counter to get some mints and asks the clerk this burning question.

The clerk responds, 'Oh, I'd say 30.'

Again she proudly responds, 'I'm 50, but thank you!'

While waiting for the bus to go home, she asks an old man waiting next to her the same question.

He replies, 'Lady, I'm 78 and my eyesight is going. Although, when I was young there was a sure-fire way to tell how old a woman was.

It sounds very forward, but it requires you to let me put my hands under your bra.

Then, and only then can I tell you EXACTLY how old you are.'

They wait in silence on the empty street until her curiosity gets the best of her.

She finally blurts out, 'What the hell, go ahead.'

He slips both of his hands under her blouse and begins to feel around very slowly and carefully.

He bounces and weighs each breast and he gently pinches each nipple.

He pushes her breasts together and rubs them against each other.

After a couple of minutes of this, she says, 'Okay, okay....How old am I?'

He completes one last squeeze of her breasts, removes his hands, and says, 'Madam, you are 50.'

Stunned and amazed, the woman says, 'That was incredible, how could you tell?'

The old man says, 'Promise you won't get mad?'

'I promise I won't' she says.

'I was behind you at McDonalds.'

Comment

Originally posted by Spark
                A woman decides to have a facelift for her 50th birthday.

She spends $15,000 and feels pretty good about the results.

On her way home, she stops at a newsstand to buy a newspaper.

Before leaving, she says to the clerk, 'I hope you don't mind my asking, but how old do you think I am?'

'About 32,' is the reply.'

'Nope! I'm exactly 50,' the woman says happily.

A little while later she goes into McDonald's and asks the counter girl the very same question.

The girl replies, 'I'd guess about 29.'

The woman replies with a big smile, 'Nope, I'm 50.'

Now she's feeling really good about herself. She stops in a drug store on her way down the street.

She goes up to the counter to get some mints and asks the clerk this burning question.

The clerk responds, 'Oh, I'd say 30.'

Again she proudly responds, 'I'm 50, but thank you!'

While waiting for the bus to go home, she asks an old man waiting next to her the same question.

He replies, 'Lady, I'm 78 and my eyesight is going. Although, when I was young there was a sure-fire way to tell how old a woman was.

It sounds very forward, but it requires you to let me put my hands under your bra.

Then, and only then can I tell you EXACTLY how old you are.'

They wait in silence on the empty street until her curiosity gets the best of her.

She finally blurts out, 'What the hell, go ahead.'

He slips both of his hands under her blouse and begins to feel around very slowly and carefully.

He bounces and weighs each breast and he gently pinches each nipple.

He pushes her breasts together and rubs them against each other.

After a couple of minutes of this, she says, 'Okay, okay....How old am I?'

He completes one last squeeze of her breasts, removes his hands, and says, 'Madam, you are 50.'

Stunned and amazed, the woman says, 'That was incredible, how could you tell?'

The old man says, 'Promise you won't get mad?'

'I promise I won't' she says.

'I was behind you at McDonalds.'
                Bawhahahahahaahhahaah
                Questions, comments, complaints:
                [email protected]

Comment

SERENITY OR SENILITY

Just before the funeral services, the undertaker came up to the very elderly widow and asked,
                  'How old was your husband?' '98,' she replied.
                  'Two years older than me.'
                  'So you're 96,' the undertaker commented.
                  She responded, 'Hardly worth going home, is it?'

Reporters interviewing a 104-year-old woman:
                  'And what do you think is the best thing
                  about being 104?' the reporter asked.
                  She simply replied, 'No peer pressure.'

Three old guys are out walking. First one says, 'Windy, isn't it?' Second one says, 'No, it's Thursday!'

Third one says, 'So am I. Let's go get a beer.'

I've sure gotten old!
                  I've had two bypass surgeries, a hip replacement,
                  new knees, fought prostate cancer and diabetes.
                  I'm half blind,
                  can't hear anything quieter than a jet engine,
                  take 40 different medications that
                  make me dizzy, winded, and subject to blackouts.
                  Have bouts with dementia.
                  Have poor circulation;
                  hardly feel my hands and feet anymore.
                  Can't remember if I'm 85 or 92.
                  Have lost all my friends.

But, thank God,
                  I still have my driver's license.

I feel like my body has gotten totally out of shape,
                  so I got my doctor's permission to
                  join a fitness club and start exercising.
                  I decided to take an aerobics class for seniors.
                  I bent, twisted, gyrated, jumped up and down, and perspired for an hour.

But, by the time I got my leotards on,
                  the class was over.

An elderly woman decided to prepare her will and
                  told her preacher she had two final requests.
                  First, she wanted to be cremated, and second,
                  she wanted her ashes scattered over Wal-Mart.
                  'Wal-Mart?' the preacher exclaimed.
                  'Why Wal-Mart?'
                  'Then I'll be sure my daughters visit me twice a week.'

My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
                  Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Two elderly gentlemen from a retirement center were sitting on a bench under a tree when one turned to the other and said: 'Slim, I'm 83 years old now and I'm just full of aches and pains. I know you're about my age. How do you feel?'

Slim said, 'I feel just like a newborn baby.'

'Really!? Like a newborn baby?'

'Yep. No hair, no teeth, and I think I just wet my pants.'

Know how to prevent sagging?
                  Just eat till the wrinkles fill out.

A man was telling his neighbor, 'I just bought a new hearing aid. It cost me four thousand dollars, but its state of the art. It's perfect.'

'Really,' answered the neighbor. 'What kind is it?'

'Twelve thirty', he replied.

It's scary when you start making the same noises
                  as your coffee maker.

An elderly gentleman had serious hearing problems for a number of years. He went to the doctor and the doctor was able to have him fitted for a set of hearing aids that allowed him to hear 100%. He went back in a month and the doctor said, 'Your hearing is perfect. Your family must be really pleased that you can hear again.'

The gentleman replied, 'Oh, I haven't told my family yet. I just sit around and listen to the conversations. I've changed my will three times!'

These days about half the stuff
                  in my shopping cart says,
                  'For fast relief.'

THE SENILITY PRAYER :
                  Grant me the senility to forget the people
                  I never liked anyway,
                  the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and
                  the eyesight to tell the difference.

Comment

The other day, I needed to go to the emergency room.

Not wanting to sit there for 4 hours, I put on my old Army fatigues and stuck a patch that I had downloaded off the Internet onto the front of my shirt.

When I went into the E. R. I noticed that 3/4 of the people got up and left. I guess they decided that they weren't that sick after all. Cut at least 3 hours off my waiting time.

Here's the patch.

Feel free to use it the next time you're in need of faster emergency service.

It also works well if you ever have to use a laundromat ....

Comment

RED SKELTON'S RECIPE FOR THE PERFECT MARRIAGE

1. Two times a week we go to a nice restaurant, have a
                      little beverage, good food and companionship
                      She goes on Tuesdays; I go on Fridays.

2. We also sleep in separate beds.
                      Hers is in California , and mine is in Texas .

3. I take my wife everywhere....
                      but she keeps finding her way back.

4. I asked my wife where she wanted to go for our anniversary. 'Somewhere I haven't been in a long time!' she said.
                      So I suggested the kitchen

5. We always hold hands. If I let go, she shops.

6. She has an electric blender, electric
                      toaster and electric bread maker.
                      She said 'There are too many gadgets, and no place
                      to sit down!' So I bought her an electric chair.

7. My wife told me the car wasn't running well
                      because there was water in the carburetor.
                      I asked where the car was. She told me, 'In the lake.'

8. She got a mud pack, and looked great for two days.
                      Then the mud fell off.

9. She ran after the garbage truck, yelling, 'Am I too late
                      for the garbage?' The driver said, 'No, jump in!'

10. Remember: Marriage is the number one cause of divorce.

11. I married Miss Right. I just didn't know her first name was Always.

12. I haven't spoken to my wife in 18 months. I don't like to interrupt her.

13. The last fight was my fault though. My wife asked, 'What's on the TV?' I said, 'Dust!'

Comment

I recently picked a new primary care doctor.
                        > After two visits and exhaustive lab tests, he said I was
                        > doing > 'fairly well' > for my age.
                        > A little concerned about that comment, I couldn't
                        > resist asking him, > 'Do you > think I'll live to be 80?'
                        > He asked, 'Do you smoke tobacco, or drink beer or
                        > wine?'
                        > 'Oh no,' I replied. 'I'm not doing drugs,
                        > either!'
                        > Then he asked, 'Do you eat rib-eye steaks and barbecued
                        > ribs? '
                        > I said, 'No, my former doctor said that all red meat is
                        > very > unhealthy!'
                        > 'Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing
                        > golf, sailing, > hiking, > or bicycling?'
                        > 'No, I don' t,' I said.
                        > He asked, 'Do you gamble, drive fast cars, or have a
                        > lot of sex?'
                        > No,' I said
                        > He looked at me and said , 'Then, why do you even give
                        > a shit?'
                        >

Comment

>> > One day, a man came home and was greeted by his wife dressed in a
                          >> > very sexy nightie. 'Tie me up,' she purred, 'and you can do anything
                          >> > you want.' So he tied her up and went golfing.
                          >> >
                          >> > *****************************************
                          >> > A woman came home, screeching her car into the driveway, and ran into
                          >> > the house. She slammed the door and shouted at the top of her lungs,
                          >> > 'Honey, pack your bags. I won the lottery!'
                          >> > The husband said, 'Oh my God! What should I pack, beach stuff or
                          >> > mountain stuff?' 'Doesn't matter,' she said. 'Just get out.'
                          >> >
                          >> >
                          >> >
                          >> >
                          >> > ********************************************
                          >> > Marriage is a relationship in which one person is always right, and
                          >> > the other is a husband.
                          >> >
                          >> >
                          >> >
                          >> >
                          >> > *************************************
                          >> > A Polish immigrant went to the DMV to apply for a driver's license.
                          >> > First, of course, he had to take an eye sight test The optician showed
                          >> > him a card with the letters
                          >> >
                          >> >
                          >> > 'C Z W I X N O S T A C Z.' 'Can you read this?' the optician
                          >> > asked. 'Read it?' the Polish guy replied, 'I know the guy.'
                          >> >
                          >> >
                          >> > ***********************************************
                          >> > Mother Superior called all the nuns together and said to them, 'I
                          >> > must tell you all something. We have a case of gonorrhea in the
                          >> > convent.' 'Thank God,' said an elderly nun at the back. 'I'm so tired
                          >> > of chardonay.
                          >> >
                          >> >
                          >> >
                          >> >
                          >> > ********************************************
                          >> > A wife was making a breakfast of fried eggs for her husband.Suddenly,
                          >> > her husband burst into the kitchen. 'Careful,' he said, 'CAREFUL! Put
                          >> > in some more butter! Oh my gosh! You're cooking too many at once. TOO
                          >> > MANY! Turn them! TURN THEM NOW! We need more butter. Oh my gosh! WHERE
                          >> > are we going to get MORE BUTTER? They're going to STICK! Careful.
                          >> > CAREFUL! I said be CAREFUL! You NEVER listen
                          >> > to me when you're cooking! Never! Turn them! Hurry up! Are you CRAZY?
                          >> > Have you LOST your mind? Don't forget to salt them. You know you
                          >> > always forget to salt them. Use the! salt. USE THE SALT! THE SALT!'
                          >> > The wife stared at him. 'What in the world is wrong with you? You
                          >> > think I don't know how to fry a couple of eggs?' The husband calmly
                          >> > replied, 'I just wanted to show you what it feels like when I'm
                          >> > driving.'
                          >> >

Comment

Did You Know There Are 3 Rings In A Marriage

#1 Engagement Ring\
                            #2 Wedding Ring
                            #3 Suffering
                            MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
                            HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                            0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Two rednecks were looking at a Sears catalog and admiring the models.

One says to the other, 'Have you seen the beautiful girls in this catalog?'

The second one replies, 'Yes, they are very beautiful. And look at the price!'

The first one says, with wide eyes, 'Wow, they aren't very expensive. At this price, I'm buying one.'

The second one smiles and pats him on the back. 'Good idea! Order one and if she's as beautiful as she is in the catalog, I will get one too.'

Three weeks later, the youngest redneck asks his friend, 'Did you ever receive the girl you ordered from the Sears catalog?'

The second redneck replies, 'No, but it shouldn't be long now. I got her clothes yesterday!'

Comment

A big game hunter walked into the bar and bragged to everyone about his skills as a hunter. The man was undoubtedly a good shot and no one could dispute that. But then he said that they could blindfold him, and he would recognize any animal's skin from its feel. And if he could locate the bullet hole. he would even tell them what caliber rifle was used to shoot it. This was a bit too much for the other customers, and soon a heated argument was going on. Then the hunter said that he was willing to prove it if they would put up the drinks, and the bet was on.

They blindfolded him carefully and took him to his first animal skin. After feeling it for a few moments, he announced, "Spring Buck." Then he felt for the bullet hole and declared, "Shot with a .22 rifle." The others could not believe it. He was right, and the argument was even hotter than before. When some started to suggest that he must have peeked, he said that he was prepared to do it again. He would put up all the drinks they had bought before against them buying another round for him.

So they blindfolded him again, very thoroughly this time, and they brought a skin that someone happened to have in their car. He took a bit longer this time and then said, "Kalahari Lion" and fingering the bullet hole said, "and the rifle was a .308," which of course was right. This, of course, was like throwing fat on the fire, and he had to prove is skills over and over again, every time against a round of drinks.

Finally he staggered home, stoned out of his mind, and went to sleep. The next morning he got up and saw in the mirror that he had one heck of a shiner. So he said to his wife, "Listen, I know I was drunk last night, but not too drunk to know that I did not fight anyone in that bar. So where did I get this black eye?" His wife replied angrily, "From me, of course."

"But what did I do?" he asked. She replied, "You got into bed and put your hand down my panties. Then you fiddled around a bit and announced in a triumphant tone, 'Skunk, killed with an axe.'"

Comment

Working...
                                X