Go F yourself!

Signed

Babe Ruth

Comment

Originally posted by TheRook
        Go F yourself!

Signed

Babe Ruth

Fuck NOT my friend, OUR "Curse" is over. Now Fuck on my friend!

There are 2 Curses left = A-rod & the Cubs

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
          Fuck NOT my friend, OUR "Curse" is over. Now Fuck on my friend!

There are 2 Curses left = A-rod & the Cubs

LOL

Comment

Not wait 5 years to decide??? Just a thought.
            So if they go out and overspend for someone to replace these guys, then they are dumb with their money.

In '03 the foundation was in place. For '04 they went out and got Derrek Lee to add to that team, and give them a little more pop that they needed. Also, they went out and got GREG MADDUX. Then everyone of thier key players over the last couple years got hurt. There is no more pitching.....who are they supposed to get. All they would end up doing is overspending for some talent that isn't out there.

They 'could' have traded Prior for Tejada but: -who knows if it would have gone down, and -Prior stays healthy and everyone goes nuts because they traded a SP.
            Last edited by molta02; 06-22-2006, 12:15 PM.

Comment

I strongly disagree.

Signed,

The Goat
              My name is really Spark.

Signed,

"Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
              is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'"

Comment

Originally posted by Lsufan
                My name is really Spark.

Signed,

Comment

Bottom line is this: If Lee, Prior, and Wood are healthy right now they are WS contenders. And, No, I'm not a Cubs fan.

Comment

Originally posted by molta02
                    So if they go out and overspend for someone to replace these guys, then they are dumb with their money.

In '03 the foundation was in place. For '04 they went out and got Derrek Lee to add to that team, and give them a little more pop that they needed. Also, they went out and got GREG MADDUX. Then everyone of thier key players over the last couple years got hurt. There is no more pitching.....who are they supposed to get. All they would end up doing is overspending for some talent that isn't out there.

They 'could' have traded Prior for Tejada but: -who knows if it would have gone down, and -Prior stays healthy and everyone goes nuts because they traded a SP.

i am so freaking glad someone else out there feels the same.

No reason to just spend to spend. No one knew that Prior nor Wood would have repeated injuries. If that was the case they would have been gone long ago.

FINALLY! Some common sense.

Comment

i am so freaking glad someone else out there feels the same.

No reason to just spend to spend. No one knew that Prior nor Wood would have repeated injuries. If that was the case they would have been gone long ago.

FINALLY! Some common sense.

HE'S A FAN OF THE DAMN ASTROS, WHY WOULD HE WANT THINGS TO CHANGE!!!

Comment

cubS HAVE GOT TO MOVE ON FROM THIS YEARLY " IF PRIOR AND WOOD STYAY HEALTHLY SENERIOS. WOOD WILL NEER BE A SUCESSFUL STARTER AS HE SIMPLY CANT EXTEND INTO LATE ENDINGS. HE HAS TO COMMIT TO RELIEF AND HE MAY THRIVE. PRIOR NEEDS TO GET OU OF CHICAGO AS ITS TIME FOR BOTH TO MOVE ON. HOPEFULLY HE WILL SHOW SOME FLASH OF HIS A GAME AND THE CUBS WILL DEAL HIM TO A CONTENDER AND GET A FEW HOT YOUNG PROSPECTS BACK.

Comment

HE'S A FAN OF THE DAMN ASTROS, WHY WOULD HE WANT THINGS TO CHANGE!!!

LMFAO...you know I didn't think of that.

hmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by THENDY
                            cubS HAVE GOT TO MOVE ON FROM THIS YEARLY " IF PRIOR AND WOOD STYAY HEALTHLY SENERIOS. WOOD WILL NEER BE A SUCESSFUL STARTER AS HE SIMPLY CANT EXTEND INTO LATE ENDINGS. HE HAS TO COMMIT TO RELIEF AND HE MAY THRIVE. PRIOR NEEDS TO GET OU OF CHICAGO AS ITS TIME FOR BOTH TO MOVE ON. HOPEFULLY HE WILL SHOW SOME FLASH OF HIS A GAME AND THE CUBS WILL DEAL HIM TO A CONTENDER AND GET A FEW HOT YOUNG PROSPECTS BACK.

The first part about Wood....100% true. They need to be firm and tell him...you can close out games, or you are expendable.

The part about Prior...I think that's still a wait and see. I dont' agree with trading him yet. Got to remember...he's only 25, and if he remains healthy, I think he can be as dominant as before...that's a big IF...but I'm willing to take the chance on him rather then wait 5 years for prospects to develop.

Comment

LMFAO...you know I didn't think of that.

hmmmmm

My comments have nothing to do with that..... I'm a fan of baseball first.

Prior and Wood's ceiling was off the charts. They would be contenders evey year they are healthy, especially with zambrano as a 3. Honestly, they would have won a WS already with them in '03 if they weren't cursed. And I am not saying that to be funny, I truely believe that they and the Red Sox up till '04 were cursed. I was at the game 7 in '03 sox/yanks, and they only thing to explain what happened that day was a curse. It was very surreal. Same thing with how the Cubs lost in '03.

Comment

The part about Prior...I think that's still a wait and see.
                                Yup, wait 5 more years and see he is no longer worth anything at that point in the trade market!

Comment

Working...
                                X