No announcement yet.

After thoughts--Please take the time to read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CEC, do you think the Super Bowl was a well-officiated game? Let me know before Tom & Jerry at noon please!!!!:christmas
    Pre-ban 1-0 (+1.00)
    Post ban 6-4 (+3.90)

Comment

I can see your point, it's valid. This would go nicely next to the thread that the other guy made the other day talking about suicide.

Chuck, you are an interesting guy. You are very good at impression management and framing most of your posts around here to be very persuasive and influential. It works for ya, a lot of people like ya. I don't think I have really ever seen you feel bad about saying something that negatively affects someone else, or insulting someone, etc.

I don't think things are as black and white as you do. Everyone struggles with some of those things you listed. Now, I don't honestly think that you could actually put yourself in the shoes of seahawks fans and think about what that would feel like. There were some very shady calls in that game, I made a very tiny bet on seattle just for entertainment. I lost, no big deal. But I could feel how angry I was getting at some of those calls and how obviously everyone just planned on pitt winning and knew it would come true. It's the arrogance, the cockiness, then not even be able to separate yourselves from your "steeler identity" enough to admit that game was very sketchy. I do believe the steelers deserved to win, they made the bigger clutch plays when they needed to. But some of those other calls changed the complexion of the game tremendously. They were HUGE.

So, a lot of people started threads about how bothered they were by the game. Who cares? Did you not expect that before the superbowl even started? Can't you accept the fact that they will appear again? I am sure most knew that would happen, yet you still need to make this thread and disguise it as "if you have any of these problems you probably shouldn't be gambling and you are not welcomed here." Why not just say it? hahahha in your face guys, we won and we want to make sure you are aware of how good this feels to us and how bad it feels to you.

This forum, and it's members, definitely has a double standard. It was been said many times, denied many times by regulars, and dismissed because newbies make these claims. Some of the regulars around here can get away with treating people any way they like. So, is that because they provide winners? I mean, I can actually see that argument. If a person posts plays on here, and is successful in doing so, shouldnt they be entitled to a little more leverage than just someone who posts good luck and things like that? I think it's true, I don't agree with it, but I can understand the viewpoint and it often manifests itself in the posts by regulars who can say whatever they want and will ALWAYS have another regular have their back.

You say people hate you, I don't know if that's true, I definitely don't hate you. I just decided to use this thread to point out a glaring contradiction in the interesting world of BC-land.

Enjoy your teams superbowl championship, I know I would.
      Everybody dies, but not everyone lives.

Comment

Great write-up chuck. I agree...this forum is really at its best when everyone is helping out, not complaining...
        2010 One play a day record
        22-19-1 51%
        +0.74 units
        Passes: 7 days
        Streak: L2

Comment

Originally posted by capperjohn1
          CEC, do you think the Super Bowl was a well-officiated game? Let me know before Tom & Jerry at noon please!!!!:christmas
          Yes...Why, because we won.....As an exball player, I learned to accept the calls on the field, whether I liked them or not...Because they weren't going to change...And it was up to me and my team to overcome it and keep trying our best....
          I never ounce in my life on a playing field, feel that the ref decided the game....It was my fault if I gave up a td or a pass interfence call that costs us the game....Not ounce was I ever angry at another player for fumbling on the goaline and only to see the other team knee on the ball and let the clock out....
          I competed as hard as I could and always was a great sportsman and loved the friendships I developed on the way...
          Everyone is different and better learn to accept dissapointments in life...Then and only then, can you be a winner and will be accepted as a winner....
          Your feelings are different I quess and that's life...

Comment

"After coming to this site this morning and seeing the same crybabies and sore losers posts...It makes me want to keep my plays to myself, and leave these sorry ass people to fend for themselves."

12. Can you take criticism or a razing from another fan without being defensive all the time?
            [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

Originally posted by BigTicket
              I can see your point, it's valid. This would go nicely next to the thread that the other guy made the other day talking about suicide.

Chuck, you are an interesting guy. You are very good at impression management and framing most of your posts around here to be very persuasive and influential. It works for ya, a lot of people like ya. I don't think I have really ever seen you feel bad about saying something that negatively affects someone else, or insulting someone, etc.

I don't think things are as black and white as you do. Everyone struggles with some of those things you listed. Now, I don't honestly think that you could actually put yourself in the shoes of seahawks fans and think about what that would feel like. There were some very shady calls in that game, I made a very tiny bet on seattle just for entertainment. I lost, no big deal. But I could feel how angry I was getting at some of those calls and how obviously everyone just planned on pitt winning and knew it would come true. It's the arrogance, the cockiness, then not even be able to separate yourselves from your "steeler identity" enough to admit that game was very sketchy. I do believe the steelers deserved to win, they made the bigger clutch plays when they needed to. But some of those other calls changed the complexion of the game tremendously. They were HUGE.

So, a lot of people started threads about how bothered they were by the game. Who cares? Did you not expect that before the super bowl even started? Can't you accept the fact that they will appear again? I am sure most knew that would happen, yet you still need to make this thread and disguise it as "if you have any of these problems you probably shouldn't be gambling and you are not welcomed here." Why not just say it? hahahha in your face guys, we won and we want to make sure you are aware of how good this feels to us and how bad it feels to you.

This forum, and it's members, definitely has a double standard. It was been said many times, denied many times by regulars, and dismissed because newbies make these claims. Some of the regulars around here can get away with treating people any way they like. So, is that because they provide winners? I mean, I can actually see that argument. If a person posts plays on here, and is successful in doing so, shouldn't they be entitled to a little more leverage than just someone who posts good luck and things like that? I think it's true, I don't agree with it, but I can understand the viewpoint and it often manifests itself in the posts by regulars who can say whatever they want and will ALWAYS have another regular have their back.

You say people hate you, I don't know if that's true, I definitely don't hate you. I just decided to use this thread to point out a glaring contradiction in the interesting world of BC-land.

Enjoy your teams super bowl championship, I know I would.
              I was blessed to be on a lot of Championship teams in my time and also losing ones...In College i played Baseball, track, and football....I played for 2 Professional Softball Championship teams in the 70's....I was fortunate enough to try out for The Steelers, Lions, CFL Tiger cats and USFL Philly...I was on 8 National Championship teams in Softball, and Flag Football....
              I lost and won, but always learned to keep things in perspective......I learned that by Coaching High School and College Football and refereeing High School Football and Girls Softball....
              All I can say is that I've been bleesed with being able to contribute in something that i really enjoyed in life....

Comment

I think you said all that needs to be said about yourself by your well-officiated game statement. I guess A LOT of the world is off-base today when they say it was a poorly officiated game. ESPN, FOX Sports, ESPN 2, USA Today, all have poor/wrong opinions about the officiating, and since they do, they are all Pitt-haters.You're a better man then most CEC. Good luck to you...
                Pre-ban 1-0 (+1.00)
                Post ban 6-4 (+3.90)

Comment

Originally posted by KazDog
                  "After coming to this site this morning and seeing the same crybabies and sore losers posts...It makes me want to keep my plays to myself, and leave these sorry ass people to fend for themselves."

12. Can you take criticism or a razing from another fan without being defensive all the time?
                  :christmas :christmas :christmas
                  Pre-ban 1-0 (+1.00)
                  Post ban 6-4 (+3.90)

Comment

Congratulations on a season well done Chuck and the rest of Pitt fans.
                    MLB (2014): (3-4) -.9 units

Comment

Originally posted by capperjohn1
                      I think you said all that needs to be said about yourself by your well-officiated game statement. I guess A LOT of the world is off-base today when they say it was a poorly officiated game. ESPN, FOX Sports, ESPN 2, USA Today, all have poor/wrong opinions about the officiating, and since they do, they are all Pitt-haters.You're a better man then most CEC. Good luck to you...
                      Thanks John....Without controversy Sports would never last as long as it has....Because of Reporters, who need to make a living, controversy exists.....

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck E. Cheese
                        Yes...Why, because we won.....As an exball player, I learned to accept the calls on the field, whether I liked them or not...Because they weren't going to change...And it was up to me and my team to overcome it and keep trying our best....
                        I never ounce in my life on a playing field, feel that the ref decided the game....It was my fault if I gave up a td or a pass interfence call that costs us the game....Not ounce was I ever angry at another player for fumbling on the goaline and only to see the other team knee on the ball and let the clock out....
                        I competed as hard as I could and always was a great sportsman and loved the friendships I developed on the way...
                        Everyone is different and better learn to accept dissapointments in life...Then and only then, can you be a winner and will be accepted as a winner....
                        Your feelings are different I quess and that's life...
                        Chuck everything you said in this is very true.

The Seahawks as a team lost this game and it didn't occur just on Sunday. If Ken Hamlin didn't get his brains bashed in outside of night club, the Seahawks don't have a practice squad guy playing free safety. Pruitt's angles and poor play really cost the Seahawks, not the officials.
                        Control what you can control...

Comment

Ok Chuck...I have something to mention...If indeed the steelers were on the other side and seahawks got all the calls, you mean to tell me you wouldnt defend your home team and mention the poor officiating..You are on the side WITH the calls.....I did not bet the game at all, just was in a couple pools, but to watch a game officiated this poorly ON SUCH A BIG STAGE unlike that pitt game the SB is 1 million times more important than that game, makes sports fans wonder what can the NFL do to possibly help this situation...
                          This is not complaining just seeing your answer if the tables were turned..

Dan
                          Quitters Never Win, Winners Will NEVER Quit

Comment

Congratulations to you---you Steeler "Die Hard"........you got another SB under your belt............

I personally had the other side, and got it handed to me---in the backside---up my ass.........

I know you and home State fans are happy------enjoy it for a year, then we'el start this debate all over again............

Intangibles of Sports are uncontrolable by the Fans, as well as playing the game.....It's all done on the Field.........

Best to ya---kapt

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

I didnt bet the game bet even herbie was shaking his head at some of the calls on the field they were really really bad. But thats life and its time to go on.

Comment

Originally posted by SustainDan
                                Ok Chuck...I have something to mention...If indeed the steelers were on the other side and seahawks got all the calls, you mean to tell me you wouldnt defend your home team and mention the poor officiating..You are on the side WITH the calls.....I did not bet the game at all, just was in a couple pools, but to watch a game officiated this poorly ON SUCH A BIG STAGE unlike that pitt game the SB is 1 million times more important than that game, makes sports fans wonder what can the NFL do to possibly help this situation...
                                This is not complaining just seeing your answer if the tables were turned..

Dan
                                I've been on the other side of a losing team....Like I side Dan....I learned a long time ago that if you always blame someone or something for your outcome, you will never and I mean never be a satisfied and successful person in life..
                                When you go on a job interview, would you blame the interviewer for not giving you the job..Or just figure someone got the job because they were better qualified or knew that person......When I work for a company, I give them 100%...Because lasy and nasty people won't get any where..In todays world, the more people that likes you the better especially when it comes to oppertunities...I have a Positive attitude about everything.....Growing up in the Northside of Pgh, I learned that you will get beat up all your life if no one likes you...

Comment

Working...
                                X