• Show
Clear All

IMPACT SPORTS FREEBIE

MLB: Reds
    by ImpactSportsPicks.com
    Saturday 7th of August 2004

Selection: Cincinnati @ Colorado 8:05 pm EST
    Play On: Reds (Wilson)

The teams with the two worst pitching staffs continue their series in the Mile High city tonight. As those who have followed our musings all year, you understand we loath Cincy.

Despite being only three games below .500 the runs scored/runs allowed differential for the Reds is -93. For perspective, today's opponent the Rockies are 13 games below .500 and are -44 by comparison. Based on that info, why do we like the Reds today?

Cincinnati is starting to score runs again, which is what got them into first place in the first part of the season. Reds starter Wilson has tapered off considerably, yet is clearly due for a solid performance and a system we follow suggests the timing is right today.

Rockies starter Cook has had a nice run of starts with a 1.54 ERA in his last three trips to the rubber. As they say in the NFL, upon further review, A. Cook has given up considerably more hits then innings pitched and his K/W ratio is 1 to 1.

Colorado is twenty games below .500 against RH starters, thus we believe the Reds are a solid dog opportunity.
    Lord Knows I'm A Voodoo Child

My record Click Here

Comment

Donbest wiseguy moves

Steam Plays:

Bal -140
      cards under 9
      yanks under 9.5
      white sox under 9
      dbacks over 10
      cards -169

My record Click Here

Comment

Pac star

Anyone have the rest of the Pacific Star card? Thanks

My record Click Here

Comment

AllSports Free Baseball Pick

Our Daily Free MLB Pro Baseball Pick
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          08/07/04 MLB Seattle Over Tampa bay by +133
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Free Pick Record: Current Month 4-1-0 Season To-Date 65-36-0

Comment

Is Billy Coleman any Good?

My record Click Here

Comment

Billy Coleman

He is very inconsistent. A GOY on a 150-160 favorite? Who is n't playing very well?

Strange.

Comment

Re: Billy Coleman

Originally posted by Spiccoli
                He is very inconsistent. A GOY on a 150-160 favorite? Who is n't playing very well?

Strange.
                Thanks Spicolli, here are a few stats for this game that are interesting:

BREWERS PROBABLE STARTER: Wes Obermueller (3-5, 6.69 ERA). Called up from Triple-A Indianapolis on Friday, Obermueller will be making his first start since July 8. The 27-year-old right-hander was 0-3 with a 5.19 ERA in four starts at Indianapolis. He has never faced the Marlins. To make room on the roster for Obermueller, the Brewers designated right-hander Matt Kinney for assignment.

MARLINS PROBABLE STARTER: Ismael Valdez (9-6, 5.53 ERA). Acquired from San Diego before the trade deadline, Valdez will be making his debut for the Marlins. He has not pitched since July 29, when he allowed four runs and six hits over 5 1-3 innings but did not get the decision in the Padres' 7-4 win over San Francisco. The 30-year-old right-hander is 5-3 with a 3.30 ERA in nine career games against the Brewers.

Milwaukee 5th NL Central (W)51 (L)57 .472 last10 3-7 streak L 4
                Florida 3rd NL East (W)54 (L)54 .500 last10 6-4 streak W 2
                Last edited by Blackbeard; 08-07-2004, 06:01 PM.

My record Click Here

Comment

Coleman

Well, this proves he had some sharp on this game tonight. Already 4-0 Florida in the 2st!

Comment

Coleman

Well, this proves he had some sharp on this game tonight. Already 4-0 Florida in the 1st!

Comment

Yeah, I made a very small bet, but I like the grand slam 4-0 lead. The thing I hate about betting baseball is the come from behind victory after your team is up by a few runs. Go Fish, although I still hate them for losing me big $ in last years World Series.....spoke too soon brewers have bases loaded, man im a jinx....whew got out of it
                      Last edited by Blackbeard; 08-07-2004, 06:48 PM.

My record Click Here

Comment

turn it off

BLACKBEARD TURN YOUR T.V. OFF DONT JINX US WE HAVE HUGE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ON THE RUN LINE AND MONEY LINE THANKS A BUNCH $$$$44.....

Comment

Working...
                        X