NYY offer CC almost $140 million for 6 yrs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Three Jack View Post
    If I remember correctly, the Red Sox had A Rod in their grasp befor ehe was a Yankee.

Savage, they showed fiscal responsibility last off season. How did it work out? He went into '07 with 3 rookie starters.

And let's not get carried away with the Red Sox kool aid...fiscal responsibility? they have the second hoighest payroll in the league. Theo has done an infinately better job of growing a farm system, but he has not exactly been frugal!

What's your next plan?
    Which team has had the largest payroll in the last 8 or 9 years and signed more big name players than any other team and have ZILCH to show for it? That is financial irresponsibilty and more importantly INCOMPETENCE.
    Some things go beyond salaries-some GM'S have an intuitive sense regarding the needs of the team-Cashman fails badly in this regard.

Comment

Savy...please...you make no sense....

$100 million and 5 yrs in Milw

or

$160 million and 7 yrs for the NYY

These were the only two offers!!! And you call that being a mercenary? There is no choice!! Even Mike Lowell would pack his bags.....
      20 Million a year in Milwaukee buys lots more than 23 in the Bronx does.......Im not so sure that the 100 in Milwaukee isnt better after a COLA

PEACE

Comment

Originally posted by savage1 View Post
        Which team has had the largest payroll in the last 8 or 9 years and signed more big name players than any other team and have ZILCH to show for it? That is financial irresponsibilty and more importantly INCOMPETENCE.
        Some things go beyond salaries-some GM'S have an intuitive sense regarding the needs of the team-Cashman fails badly in this regard.
        So you still skirt the question...you want to hammer Cashman for spending all of this money on CC, fine...WHAT SHOUL DBE HIS PLAN THEN? Or do you just want to continually shit on everything he does?

I am not defending as I think he should have been fired 4 yrs ago. But I am still waiting for you to tell me what he should do to address his needs while he moves into a new ballpark that will basically print money and works in a 'win now' market. So what she he do?
        Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

So you still skirt the question...you want to hammer Cashman for spending all of this money on CC, fine...WHAT SHOUL DBE HIS PLAN THEN? Or do you just want to continually shit on everything he does?

I am not defending as I think he should have been fired 4 yrs ago. But I am still waiting for you to tell me what he should do to address his needs while he moves into a new ballpark that will basically print money and works in a 'win now' market. So what she he do?
          I have no problem with his signing Sabathia, but he should have offered him less and certainly not given in to his every whim such as being able to opt out abd leave if he doesn't like it.
          That is disgusting and bad for team morale;he isn't some kind of God who should be placed on a pedestal.
          In my opinion, Cashman has crossed the line as to what is reasonable and what is insane and stupid.
          When you couple above that with the fact that his philosophy of paying high priced free agents has failed, it tells me he ought to adopt a new philosophy.
          What should that philiosophy be? Thats his job, but it certainly shouldn't be to simply copy the failed policies of the past.
          Last edited by savage1; 12-12-2008, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Now the Yanks have Burnett at a mere 82 million.
            Somehow when I think of the Yankees and their team makeup, it reminds me of that famous scene in the first Star Wars Movie when a bunch of hideous looking creatures from all over the Universe are assembled and sitting in a bar.

Comment

Working...
            X