Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Quote:
    Originally Posted by wayne1218
    OMG ... Soccer is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comparison. I like Golf!!!

0-0 final folks. Thanks for coming. WTF did i come to that soccer game for again. No goals, no winner? That sport is fucked up!"

Not when I have under it isnt...
    SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by vols fan
      Nothing harder than the game of golf I agree.I have tried to make it on the Hooters tour and let me tell you,going out with your buddies or playing in a Club championship and shooting 72-71 gets you alot of respect.But trust me 72 or 71 on a Monday qualifier for the Nationwide or Hooters tour gets you nothing.I don't know if it's as much of athletic ability as it is mental.And lets face it all good golfers know that 75% of golf is from 100 yards and in.You dont have to be very strong to hit it a hundred yards.Tiger will go down as the best golfer ever.He amazes me every week.But you don't have to be a great athlete to be a good golfer just look at Daly,Calcavechia and others.Best athlete IMO should be someone who played multiple sports like Deion or Bo or even Michael Jordan although a short time at baseball gave it a shot.This argument could go on forever like me and my uncles argument of Best linebacker ever and he says Butkis and I say Ray Lewis.It's all about the era and the love for a sport.Chado loves hockey and Gretzky was his answer,golfers like Tiger Woods and basketball players love MJ.Agree to disagree and say I would like to be like any of them.There all awsome.

Well said my friend!!
      NBA is a joke

Comment

Nothing harder than the game of golf I agree.I have tried to make it on the Hooters tour and let me tell you,going out with your buddies or playing in a Club championship and shooting 72-71 gets you alot of respect.But trust me 72 or 71 on a Monday qualifier for the Nationwide or Hooters tour gets you nothing.I don't know if it's as much of athletic ability as it is mental.And lets face it all good golfers know that 75% of golf is from 100 yards and in.You dont have to be very strong to hit it a hundred yards.Tiger will go down as the best golfer ever.He amazes me every week.But you don't have to be a great athlete to be a good golfer just look at Daly,Calcavechia and others.Best athlete IMO should be someone who played multiple sports like Deion or Bo or even Michael Jordan although a short time at baseball gave it a shot.This argument could go on forever like me and my uncles argument of Best linebacker ever and he says Butkis and I say Ray Lewis.It's all about the era and the love for a sport.Chado loves hockey and Gretzky was his answer,golfers like Tiger Woods and basketball players love MJ.Agree to disagree and say I would like to be like any of them.There all awsome.
        Well said...I just think the only difference with Tiger is just how dominant he is week in, week out. We aren't talking about a guy who wins 2 or 3 tournaments a year. If MJ had a bad night, he had Pippen. Gretzky had Kurri, Anderson, and Mess... Tiger has no fall back. I can understand the 'athlete' argument but just because the Daly's and Mickelson's of the world don't look like athletes, it would not be fair to indict Tiger.

Somoene in this thread there is the definition of an athelte, which I am assuming is straight from Webster's...if it is, Tiger meets the definition. how we all individually define 'athlete' is up to us....
        Last edited by Three Jack; 02-26-2008, 09:43 AM.
        Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

• Originally posted by Three Jack
          Well said...I just think the only difference with Tiger is just how dominant he is week in, week out. If MJ had a bad night, he had Pippen. Gretzky had Curry and Mess... Tiger has no fall back. I can understand the 'athlete' argument but just because the Daly's and Mickelson's of the world don't look like athletes, it would not be fair to indict Tiger.

Somoene in this thread there is the definition of an athelte, which I am assuming is straight from Webster's...if it is, Tiger meets the definition. how we all individually define 'athlete' is up to us....
          I agree with the word and definition of athlete is a fine line.I guess it should be "what individual dominates his sport" and we would have it all covered.Tiger,Wayne,MJ and more have dominated.

Comment

I agree with the word and definition of athlete is a fine line.I guess it should be "what individual dominates his sport" and we would have it all covered.Tiger,Wayne,MJ and more have dominated.
            I just feel fortunate to be able to say I saw them all in their prime.
            Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

• Its got to be Dale Jr.. Who else has that much talent to let his teammate take him out so he could blam that and the track for him finishing 40th and not his own sorry ass!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ***THA FIX***
                Its got to be Dale Jr.. Who else has that much talent to let his teammate take him out so he could blam that and the track for him finishing 40th and not his own sorry ass!!!
                Is that the same sorry ass that won you $900 in the Bud Shootout You have to admit,the tv showed Mears go right in the puddle and then into the wall.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Three Jack]
                  Originally posted by flarendep1

Brodie is an excellent golfer and has done great on the Senior tour...but I cannot find anywhere that he has played in a PGA Tour event....

Wayne doesn't understand the facts abut Rypien. Useless discussing it with him.

Well no shit. They obviously are not going to play on the tour and in the NFL. The fact is that at the age of 50 or whatever, they are still able to MAKE the Senior tour against some of the best ever in their time and he can learn the ropes and BEAT them. You can't have a golfing career and go elsewhere after. Why? Because they are all physical games unlike golf and the body simply won't allow it. Golf is a technical and mental game, not physical. Christ, they can't even carry their own clubs. It is the most "Pampered" sport out there.

Comment

Nothing harder than the game of golf I agree.I have tried to make it on the Hooters tour and let me tell you,going out with your buddies or playing in a Club championship and shooting 72-71 gets you alot of respect.But trust me 72 or 71 on a Monday qualifier for the Nationwide or Hooters tour gets you nothing.

It is because WE ARE NOT ATHLETES like them. Go to the MLB, NFL, NBA or NHL and try to make a team. It will not be any easier than golf and i guarantee you will hurt a hell of alot more after trying those too!

Comment

• After reading this whole thread, one name I haven't seen written is Lance Armstrong. He was actually mentioned on PTI yesterday as perhaps the greatest athlete. Black clouds surrounding him,yes, but still a great athlete.
                      Can Barack tell me what a "typical" white person is please?

Comment

• Originally posted by dakingisdead
                        After reading this whole thread, one name I haven't seen written is Lance Armstrong. He was actually mentioned on PTI yesterday as perhaps the greatest athlete. Black clouds surrounding him,yes, but still a great athlete.

Good One ... and Welcome!

Comment

• Thank you! I guess I have always defined athlete as someone who could be proficient in several sports, more then being dominant in their own sport. Someone like a decathlete, who can run, jump, throw, sprint. Also, if we are talking about athleticism, I would also mention any gymnast. Mental,physical, and by oneself for the most part other then team points.
                          Can Barack tell me what a "typical" white person is please?

Comment

• Originally posted by dakingisdead
                            Thank you! I guess I have always defined athlete as someone who could be proficient in several sports, more then being dominant in their own sport. Someone like a decathlete, who can run, jump, throw, sprint. Also, if we are talking about athleticism, I would also mention any gymnast. Mental,physical, and by oneself for the most part other then team points.

I agree. To me, the greatest Athlete in the world can't simply dominate his own sport and nothing else. He has to show some versatility with his athletic abilities. Focusing on swinging a golf club (No matter how great he is at it), just doesn't define greatest athlete ever (IMO).

Comment

Working...
                            X