Johan traded to Mets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wayne1218
    I really like Hughes alot. Is he in the starting rotation this year?

Our starting rotation

Pettite
    Wang
    Hughes
    Joba
    Kennedy/Moose

Comment

Moose isn't even a guaranteed 5th?

I'm not sure about Joba. I really think the Yankees may miss him more in the 7th or 8th 3/4 times a week than they will gain with 1 sometimes 2 starts each week.

Comment

I would start Kennedy and Moose and leave Joba in the pen. You play 7 inning games if you do that!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
          I would start Kennedy and Moose and leave Joba in the pen. You play 7 inning games if you do that!
          Well..here is what i'm hoping for... We are kind of in a rut because Joba and Hughes can't go 200 innings.. So, and from what i heard, joba will be in the pen to start the season and when moose is struggling or when its time for joba to switch, he will be the starter. Wayne, i saw joba last year pitch for the tampa yankees and he SHOULD be a starter. We got some bullpen help coming this year from the farm and i feel by the allstar break we will be set.

So...before all star break i want to see..

Pettite
          Wang
          Hughes
          kennedy
          Moose

After the break

Pettitte
          WAng
          Hughes
          Kennedy
          Joba

Moose needs to retire

Comment

Moose does need to go! lmao

Comment

sox rotation

Beckett
              Schilling
              Dice-K
              Lester
              Wakefield

nyy rotation

wang
              pettittee (off the juice)
              hughes
              kennedy
              Mussucka/10dimeBry
              2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Mets got lucky on this one...they didn't give up their best position or pitching prospects. If the rumor about NYY not giving up Melky, Hughes and a prospect is true, they blew it. Seems as the the Sox and NYY backed out, knowing that the other wasn't going to get him and Johan droppe dinto the Mets lap. But now they have to sign him, and I don't think that is going to be so easy...I just ope they get it done.

This gives the Mets a reliable starting rotation, far from the best as some have mentioned. Still some question marks...Maine and Perez had good years but this was Maine's first full, successful season and Ollie came off 2 or 3 shit years to have a very good one. El Duque as a 5th starter is a plus....

C'mon Omar, pony up!!!
                Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Working...
                X