Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vitterd View Post
    I'm not for the fairness doctrine.

Some of the critisms of bush were terrible... some were unfair and mean spirited. Same thing that's going on with obama now. Both receive some justified and some unfair
    stop the press!!!!!!!!!!

we agree on two things!!!!!!!!!!!

actually three, we are both pro choice.
    Last edited by husker; 07-16-2010, 03:31 PM.
    “A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."

Gerald Ford

Comment

Originally posted by husker View Post
      was there an answer somewhere in here about, do you think the "constant and 100% demeaning and belittling" of president bush by many in the media made "us look weak in the eyes of many countries of the world" also?

i know how you feel about rush. you don't have to repeat that again.

Again criticism is one thing-how you criticize is another.
      If Rush(sorry I have to mention him) criticized Clinton or Obama with dignity then fine, but the derisive way in which he did/does it is shameful.
      If Bush was demeaned in the same manner by someone influential in the eyes of the world in the same way that Rush did to Clinton and Obama, well that is just as bad also.
      Two wrongs don't make a right.
      ps yes I admit I can't stand Rush and what he stands for.
      Last edited by savage1; 07-16-2010, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by savage1 View Post
        If Rush(sorry I have to mention him) criticized Clinton or Obama with dignity fine, but the derisive way in which he did/does it is shameful.
        If Bush was demeaned in the same manner by someone influential in the eyes of thw world in the same way that Rush did to Clinton and Obama, well that is just as bad also.
        So what were your thoughts on MSNBC when Bush was in office?

Comment

If Rush(sorry I have to mention him) criticized Clinton or Obama with dignity then fine, but the derisive way in which he did/does it is shameful.
          If Bush was demeaned in the same manner by someone influential in the eyes of the world in the same way that Rush did to Clinton and Obama, well that is just as bad also.
          ps yes I admit I can't stand Rush and what he stands for.
          bush was attacked just like obama is now. this is one of the things vitturd and i can agree on. you may not see it that way because you don't like bush, so in your eyes the attacks were "with dignity".
          “A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."

Gerald Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Jamaicanman View Post
            blubberman is still attacking bush!

Gerald Ford

Comment

I rarely watch either MSNBC or Fox or for that matter that much tv period.
              I really do like Bill Maher though and his take on just about everything-he and I think alike.

Comment

Originally posted by husker View Post
                bush was attacked just like obama is now. this is one of the things vitturd and i can agree on. you may not see it that way because you don't like bush, so in your eyes the attacks were "with dignity".
                RE: Bush-You would have to be more specific as to what was said, how it was said, when it was said and the issue at hand for me to say whether it was justiifed or not.

Comment

I rarely watch either MSNBC or Fox or for that matter that much tv period.
                  I really do like Bill Maher though and his take on just about everything-he and I think alike.
                  So Maher isn't demaning or belittling?

Comment

So Maher isn't demaning or belittling?
                    Bill Maher speaks the TRUTH!!! it should ne mandatory listening for everyone.

Comment

Bill Maher speaks the TRUTH!!! it should ne mandatory listening for everyone.
                      So b/c you like Maher and agree with just about everything he says, he isn't belittling or demeaning and doesn't need opposing views on his show?

Just b/c he speaks YOUR truth doesn't make him an honest man.

Comment

So b/c you like Maher and agree with just about everything he says, he isn't belittling or demeaning and doesn't need opposing views on his show?

He has plenty of opposing views on Real Time-tune in some time(he is currently on summer vacation).
                        At the very least unlike Rush, he is not a racist, bigot, or hateful toward all minority groups and those less fortunate than he is.

Comment

He has plenty of opposing views on Real Time-tune in some time(he is currently on summer vacation).
                          At the very least unlike Rush, he is not a racist, bigot, or hateful toward all minority groups and those less fortunate than he is.
                          I'm not here to defend what Rush says or thinks, but if you don't think Mahr is demeaning or belittling, I think you are crazy. Especially towards Bush.

And adding one token "opposition" to a 4 person stage isn't "plenty".

Comment

I'm not here to defend what Rush says or thinks, but if you don't think Mahr is demeaning or belittling, I think you are crazy. Especially towards Bush.

And adding one token "opposition" to a 4 person stage isn't "plenty".
                            One token opposition is a lot more than you get with the one way racial hatred, bigotry and rabble rousing spewed forth by Limbaugh each and every day.
                            Last edited by savage1; 07-16-2010, 07:44 PM.

Comment

exactly what i was saying.

Gerald Ford

Comment

One token opposition is a lot more than you get with the one way racial hatred, bigotry and rabble rousing spewed forth by Limbaugh each and every day.
                                Since you are a fan of his show, I assume you have been watching for many years. Do you think Maher is/was demeaning/belittling to President Bush? And for brevity's sake, it is a Yes or No answer.

Comment

Working...
                                X