Limbaugh makes good on promise: sells NYC digs for $11.5 million

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limbaugh makes good on promise: sells NYC digs for $11.5 million

Rush Limbaugh railed against proposed New York tax hikes last year, and vowed to leave the city for good. It took a little while, but Limbaugh has now unloaded his ritzy Manhattan condo for about $11.5 million, the Wall Street Journal reports.

Although Limbaugh wanted $12.95 million for the Upper East Side apartment, he still comes out ahead on the deal. The conservative talker paid less than $5 million for the place in 1994.

Limbaugh hosts his top-rated radio show primarily out of Palm Beach, Fla., where he lives full time on a palatial beachfront estate. But Limbaugh occasionally treks to New York, where several of his staffers work. These days, Limbaugh's fill-in hosts are more likely to use the New York studio.

“Basically I go to New York now for hurricane relief, whenever a hurricane hits,” Limbaugh said on his show in March 2009. "No other reason to go there. Well, sometimes I visit the overrated staff, but it would be cheaper to fly the staff down here to visit me than to pay these stupid tax increases!"

Even if Limbaugh traveled north only for hurricane relief and staff visits, he had a nice place to crash in the city. The Fifth Avenue spread includes four terraces, double living room, large media room and Central Park views, according to Corcoran’s real estate listing.

No word on whether or not Limbaugh will also make good on his threat to flee the country to Costa Rica for medical treatment if the health care bill passes.

Limbaugh did not respond to Yahoo! News for comment.

UPDATE: A reader points out that Limbaugh said he'd "go to Costa Rica" if health care reform passed, but later clarified that he would just go for health care, not to move. We've changed the post to reflect that.

He is a blowhard dinosaur
    Questions, comments, complaints:
    [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville View Post
      He is a blowhard dinosaur
      I agree ... a moron

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post
        I agree ... a moron
        You can not like the guy, but to say he is a moron makes you look like the moron.

Comment

Originally posted by harold_bush View Post
          You can not like the guy, but to say he is a moron makes you look like the moron.
          Really? Calling him a moron makes someone else look like a moron? Here's Dictionary.com's definition of a moron....

mo·ron
             /ˈmɔrɒn, ˈmoʊr-/ Show Spelled[mawr-on, mohr-] Show IPA
          –noun
          1. a person who is notably stupid or lacking in good judgment.

So was it "good judgment" when he became addicted Oxycontin? The Hillbilly heroin?

Was it "good judgment" when he became a college dropout after attending TWO semesters of college and then dropping out?
          (His mother also claimed he flunked everything in school. Kind of like someone who is "notably stupid.")

Was it "good judgment" when he was arrested on a charge of pre-scription fraud?

Was it "good judgment" when he called Obama "Barack the Magic Negro" on his radio show?

Was it "good judgment" when he made fun of Michael J. Fox's Parkinson illness and said Fox is exaggerating the effects of the disease and said that his moving all around and shaking and it's purely an act?

I'd say that definition fits him perfectly. He's an utterly moronic imbecile.....
          Last edited by KazDog; 07-12-2010, 08:43 PM.
          [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

Originally posted by harold_bush View Post
            And anyone who says he is not a moron is a bigger moron ...

Comment

Originally posted by KazDog View Post
              Really? Calling him a moron makes someone else look like a moron? Here's Dictionary.com's definition of a moron....

mo·ron
                 /ˈmɔrɒn, ˈmoʊr-/ Show Spelled[mawr-on, mohr-] Show IPA
              –noun
              1. a person who is notably stupid or lacking in good judgment.

So was it "good judgment" when he became addicted Oxycontin? The Hillbilly heroin?

Was it "good judgment" when he became a college dropout after attending TWO semesters of college and then dropping out?
              (His mother also claimed he flunked everything in school. Kind of like someone who is "notably stupid.")

Was it "good judgment" when he was arrested on a charge of pre-scription fraud?

Was it "good judgment" when he called Obama "Barack the Magic Negro" on his radio show?

Was it "good judgment" when he made fun of Michael J. Fox's Parkinson illness and said Fox is exaggerating the effects of the disease and said that his moving all around and shaking and it's purely an act?

I'd say that definition fits him perfectly. He's an utterly moronic imbecile.....

As if you needed Dictionary.com when a mirror was handy!! But I don't want to argue!!!

Signed,
              MM

Comment

people can say he is a "moron", but that so called "moron" could probably buy everyone here many times over. how many people wouldn't love to be that kind of "moron". love him or hate him, he really is quite smart to get to where he is now.
                “A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."

Gerald Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Jamaicanman View Post
                  As if you needed Dictionary.com when a mirror was handy!! But I don't want to argue!!!

Signed,
                  MM
                  Boy, what a sharp wit you have Gbell. The ol' look in the mirror joke. So original. Took you an hour and a half to come up with that gem? I think the definition of a moron is some white, neo Conservative asshole ,who changes his name from Gbell to Jamaicanman, so he can be an internet political posting whore on a gambling website.

See, I put the little laughing guy like you always do so everyone can think my post was funny....

What a douchebag.....
                  [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

The only bigger morons are his sheep that listen to him. Those calls he takes from his robots are disgusting. First 2 mins devoted to verbally suckin him off and the next 3 mins are agreeing with every one of his wacky postions.

He now just says stuff hoping to be outrageous so he can become relevant.

Also amazing he makes fun of people(dems) actual physical appearence. Does he not have a mirror? He is the last guy that should be saying anything about ones looks. He is prob is a drug induced haze
                    Fire BAS and Hache Man. Don't forget Wayne1218 is a piece of garbage. Fest zit a total fraud still talks about me. You Trump voters tired of winning yet? Lmao

Comment

What a relaxing lunch.Grabbed myself A cup of milk and walked thru the park and looked at all the sheep walking around.It was just amazing to see how many of us sheep are out there.It was a heavenly experience.I love just being happy.some of you guys get to angry and call people morons and sheep.But me,I find my happy place.

Comment

Limbaugh blames obama when it rains outside. Not unlike some posters here. The people that listen to him vote republican and are mostly hard core right wingers. It is why despite his high ratings the candidate he supports usually does well in primary and not so well in the general. It is why dems try so hard to say he is the rep party leader. This guy won a most hated poll when included with dictators of foreign countries.

The demo of his listener is usually a weak minded, easily swayed person who does not do much thinking on his or her own and needs someone to tell them what to say and how to think. It is kinda like a cult
                        Last edited by vitterd; 07-13-2010, 02:25 PM.
                        Fire BAS and Hache Man. Don't forget Wayne1218 is a piece of garbage. Fest zit a total fraud still talks about me. You Trump voters tired of winning yet? Lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post
                          I agree ... a moron

damn, vitterd and I agree on something. I guess that makes vitterd a republican !!! (just joking vitterd - thats why the laughing face)

but limbaugh is a moron in my opinion
                          jc Wishes He Can Get A Goat

Comment

Originally posted by baseballdave View Post

damn, vitterd and I agree on something. I guess that makes vitterd a republican !!! (just joking vitterd - thats why the laughing face)

but limbaugh is a moron in my opinion
                            Wow. After seeing all this anti limbaugh from some republicans I may have to rethink my position. Maybe rush isn't so bad after all. J/k

Comment

Originally posted by vitterd View Post
                              Wow. After seeing all this anti limbaugh from some republicans I may have to rethink my position. Maybe rush isn't so bad after all. J/k

Comment

Working...
                              X