Sec,sec,sec,sec,sec,sec!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
    Okie state beat i believe 5 teams ranked in the top 25. Bama beat 2. Save me the tough sec schedule bullshit. Vandy, florida, miss, miss st, tenn all sucked major dick this year.

And this thread proves my point about how fucking queer "sec" fans are. A tenn fan starts this thread even though his team isn't even bowl eligible. Why the fuck would you want one of your rivals to win the ship? As an OU fan, I'm glad Bama is playing LSU instead of Okie St, even though i think it's bs.
    Let's not paint with such a broad brush. Georgia grad and big SEC guy and I feel Okie State got totally jobbed. Bama absolutely does not deserve a chance to play for the national championship.

Comment

Originally posted by mavskidd02 View Post
      College Football Power Ratings - College FB Team Strength of Schedule Power Rating

I found this for SoS, but like you said I have no idea how it's determined.

My opinion is biased, because I feel that even the fourth or fifth best teams in the SEC could hold their own/beat the top B12 teams. But without the matchup, who knows.

Bama didn't do much to "deserve" a rematch, I just don't see why everyone thinks OK St. is so much more worthy.

I'm interested in seeing the two best teams play each other, I think we got that, others will disagree, however.
      The 4th or 5th best team beat Okie St Are you kidding me Mavs? Who would that be, Vandy or Florida? I'm sorry, but they'd get drubbed by 30.

Comment

Originally posted by insidethe8thpol View Post
        By not having Ok.St. play LSU in the BCS title game has to be the biggest fraud since our gov't let North Dakota become a state !!

Comment

I am an LSU fan and it really sucks that we did not get Okie State. I would much rather beat the hell out of Okie State and make sure the "they could hang with LSU" talks would stop, then play the one team that actually has a chance of beating us. I 100% do not want the rematch, but only question you have to ask yourself is, if the line was pick on a neutral field, which team would you take? Doubt that too many people would take Okie State over Alabama in that spot. So as much as I dislike it, I think they got it right if the goal was to have nr. 1 play vs nr. 2.

Comment

Originally posted by 10DimeBry View Post
            im still trying to figure out how a team doesnt win their conference
            Doesnt win there division of there conference
            Doesnt play and win there conference title game

Somehow deserves the right to play in the national title game?

this team being alabama.

I'm not saying bama isnt a great team. I think they are good. Though they have no Field goal kicker.

My point is if you lose to the #1 team in the nation at home in my opinion you are done. Finished season over.

Ok state or stanford deserve a shot at lsu long before bama does in my book.

bama had there shot and lost.

If someone anyone can argue otherwise im all ears
            If Bama would have beat LSU then LSU would have only had 1 loss and it would have been on the road at #2 Bama. So LSU would have been taken over OK State. Either way it's still LSU/Bama

Comment

Where is the outrage for Virginia Tech making a bcs bowl??? That's the worst pick of all!!!

Comment

And to add to that. There was so little play between Big 12 and SEC this year the only example of the difference I can bring is: Arkansas scored 42 vs A&M when Oklahoma State scored 30. Arkansas scored 14 vs Alabama. Alabama and LSU defenses can and in my opinion would keep the Oklahoma State at no more then 20 points.

Comment

Originally posted by SUS View Post
                  And to add to that. There was so little play between Big 12 and SEC this year the only example of the difference I can bring is: Arkansas scored 42 vs A&M when Oklahoma State scored 30. Arkansas scored 14 vs Alabama. Alabama and LSU defenses can and in my opinion would keep the Oklahoma State at no more then 20 points.
                  And I say, no freaking way. Too bad we'll never know and it's both just our opinions.

Comment

And I say, no freaking way. Too bad we'll never know and it's both just our opinions.
                    I can die now, I've seen it all, KB defending Okie State.

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
                      If Bama would have beat LSU then LSU would have only had 1 loss and it would have been on the road at #2 Bama. So LSU would have been taken over OK State. Either way it's still LSU/Bama
                      Exactly right...one question I have is why is everyone quick to bring up OkSt and not Stanford, they also only have one loss and it came vs a top 10 team not against a crap team like IowaSt...only reason people percieve OkSt to be better is cuz the computers put them ahead of Stanford. Im a UH fan so have no bias between SEC and BIG12 but as far as the match-up I think they got it right and I feel Bama has the best shot of any team to knock off LSU, should of beat em earlier this year, if not for a shitty ass kicker.

Comment

Because Okie State has the best resume of anyone outside of LSU including Bama

Comment

The 4th or 5th best team beat Okie St Are you kidding me Mavs? Who would that be, Vandy or Florida? I'm sorry, but they'd get drubbed by 30.
                          The fourth or fifth best team in the SEC is probably South Carolina or Arkansas. Both are solid top 10 teams at one point this year. And yes I do think either of those teams gives OK St a run, or can even beat them.

You see things through the rose colored glasses of the Big 12. To the rest of the country ( I would hope ), we see the SEC dominate other conferences year in and year out when it counts.

(Another example of how much stronger the SEC is than any other conference. When the fourth or fifth best team was ranked #3 in the nation just a couple of weeks ago)
                          Last edited by mavskidd02; 12-05-2011, 12:32 PM.
                          "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

I hate Okie State with a passion. Worse than anyone else, trust me. It has nothing to do with rose colored big 12 glasses.

Comment

What I do see is 8 bowl eligible big 12 teams. What I do see is the big 12 has the best out of conference record this year. What I do see is after LSU, Bama, Georgia, Arky/South Caro, a bunch of other really shitty teams.

Say what you want but I guarantee you Iowa State vs Auburn would be one hell of a game.

Comment

What I do see is 8 bowl eligible big 12 teams. What I do see is the big 12 has the best out of conference record this year. What I do see is after LSU, Bama, Georgia, Arky/South Caro, a bunch of other really shitty teams.

Say what you want but I guarantee you Iowa State vs Auburn would be one hell of a game.
                                So after the top 5 teams they have some shitty teams?

What conference doesn't have that?

The SEC is stronger than any other conference this year, and it's been that way for a while.
                                "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

Working...
                                X