Ortiz and Ramirez Said to Be on 2003 Doping List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
    You started it with your snide Boston comments!!!

I just felt the need to return serve!
    Haha...yea its all good. Took you and 10dime for that matter a day or 2 to respond...I got no problems with boston fans...I think it was texans 2nd year in league we had a game against the Pats and 3 boston natives sat next to me...we took turns buying rounds and got pretty wasted, they were pretty cool cats...good game too, from what I recall we lost on a FG by Vinatieri

Comment

I just don't care about it anymore and it shocks me when i see people who love football, rip the MLB for it. Makes no sense imo.
      It makes lots of sense to me. Baseball is a sport in a large part driven by stats and history. 755 Homers. 61 homer runs. 56 game hitting streak. 300 wins. 3000 strikeouts, 3000 hits. All individual record. How many people know team record? What teams hold the record for most wins or losses in a season. We follow the batting leaders but does anyone know which teams lead their league in hitting?

Of course team wins and loses are most important but there's so much attention payed to players stats and the record book. The fans are angered by players cheating but it doesn't trickle down to a team level.

Football on the other hand isn't driven by stats. There's no stats to rank 325 pound offensive lineman. How many people care that Shawn Merriman has 100+ tackles? Football is more of a team sport. Except for fantasy football it's not a stat driven sport.

Comment

Very good point Frank!

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03 View Post
          It makes lots of sense to me. Baseball is a sport in a large part driven by stats and history. 755 Homers. 61 homer runs. 56 game hitting streak. 300 wins. 3000 strikeouts, 3000 hits. All individual record. How many people know team record? What teams hold the record for most wins or losses in a season. We follow the batting leaders but does anyone know which teams lead their league in hitting?

Of course team wins and loses are most important but there's so much attention payed to players stats and the record book. The fans are angered by players cheating but it doesn't trickle down to a team level.

Football on the other hand isn't driven by stats. There's no stats to rank 325 pound offensive lineman. How many people care that Shawn Merriman has 100+ tackles? Football is more of a team sport. Except for fantasy football it's not a stat driven sport.

I understand that with guys like Bonds & Clemens frank because they are record setters. What about the others? Nobody gives 2 shits about an NFL guy so why give 2 shits about someone not breaking records in MLB?

Comment

We are on different sides and views of this anyway frank because i believe Barry Bonds was EASILY the BEST hitter i've EVER seen and he is 100% a HOF in my book.

It doesn't bother me like others. I don't like it but it is the generation we lived in and there is nothing we can do to change it now imo.

Comment

We are on different sides and views of this anyway frank because i believe Barry Bonds was EASILY the BEST hitter i've EVER seen and he is 100% a HOF in my book.
              I agree. I think older fans, such as myself, embrace the history. It doesn't make either of us right or wrong. We simply have two different opinions on the issue.

You're right. Like most fans and the media I didn't care one iota about Merriman or other PED users in the NFL. BUT that might change. We've yet to see Merriman's performance POST-PED. I'm curious what his performance level will be like.

Comment

Working...
              X