No announcement yet.

Ortiz and Ramirez Said to Be on 2003 Doping List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also BW, You don't think it makes a HUGE Difference in a players speed? Speed is HUGE in football on both sides of the ball and if someone doesn't believe it makes you much faster too, just ask Marion Jones how good it is.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
      Big difference in football BW is the intense physical play. It is 100% a HUGE Advantage in football in helping players recover and heal.
      Oh yea, I'm not saying it's not a huge advantage, I'm just saying that's why it's not as big a deal. Merriman did roids and hit people really hard, but that was enough for people to care.

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner View Post
        Oh yea, I'm not saying it's not a huge advantage, I'm just saying that's why it's not as big a deal. Merriman did roids and hit people really hard, but that was enough for people to care.
        I'm just saying they should care. If somebody cares that much about it to let it bother them in one sport, than it should bother them in all sports. Big Papi isn't going to the hall of fame or breaking any records so by your theory, why would anyone care?

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
          I'm just saying they should care. If somebody cares that much about it to let it bother them in one sport, than it should bother them in all sports. Big Papi isn't going to the hall of fame or breaking any records so by your theory, why would anyone care?
          They care, because baseball made a huge deal about and football didn't, that's the bottom line. They acted like they caught murderers. It's all a big joke to me.

Comment

Originally posted by ogarza View Post
            They should do it...and Boston should give that WS title back too...
            you must be on crack
            2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

this whole steroid era is uncle bud selig's fault he is by far and away the worst commissioner ever
              2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

$60,000,000 USD of USA taxpayer money was spent on the Mitchell report to find out which baseball players have used steroids. Against the US citizens wills, congress is spending millions on a few hundred page report on steroids in baseball, forgetting the failing economy and war in Iraq.

Comment

Originally posted by 10DimeBry View Post
                  you must be on crack
                  Haha...thats funny 10dime...i was wondering if any of the big Boston fans on here would say anything...the greats were on roids the average players were on roids the batters on roids the pitchers on roids...it was an even playing field for the most part...just a bummer that this era will be remembered for that instead of the great play on the field...

Comment

Boston Red Sox slugger David Ortiz says he was told by the baseball players’ union that he tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs in 2003.

“Based on the way I lived my life I’m surprised to learn I tested positive,” the statement said. “I will find out what I tested positive for. ... Based on whatever I learn, I will share this information with the club and the public. You know me — I will not hide and I will not make excuses.”

Ortiz says he’s surprised by the news and intends to find out what drug was found in the tests that were supposed to remain anonymous.

Comment

If he was told in 2003, why is he curious what he tested for now?

Comment

Jose Canseco, whose 2005 book arguably started the cascade of revelations and an investigation into the use of performance-enhancing drugs in baseball, barely raised an eyebrow when he was told David Ortiz and Manny Ramirez are reportedly on the list of 104 players who tested positive in 2003.

"When you tell me something I didn't already know, I'll be surprised,'' Canseco told ESPN. "And I'll tell you this, Major League Baseball is going to have a big, big problem on their hands when they find out they have a Hall of Famer who's used."

Comment

Haha...thats funny 10dime...i was wondering if any of the big Boston fans on here would say anything...the greats were on roids the average players were on roids the batters on roids the pitchers on roids...it was an even playing field for the most part...just a bummer that this era will be remembered for that instead of the great play on the field...
                          i agree. the whole era is a joke. the saddest part of all of this is that MLB let it all happen. they were raking in the $$$$ the owners MLB itself. its a joke. again the only one getting fucked is the fans. players dont care owners dont care the union dont care MLB dont care. why should we at this point??? why not let every just do drugs or whatever and when they croke at 55 say oh well thanks for the memories and be done with them.
                          2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

i don't blame any of these guys for using, which has been my stance the whole time. if they weren't being tested for it at the time, and no policy was in place, i can't fault anyone for doing it. not saying its right though.

and this whole thing today helps prove my point that the mitchell report was a complete joke.

so glad some sox are finally getting outed. must have been nice to have friends in high places, ya know since mitchell sits on the sox board of directors.

Comment

shit I wish more of my Astros were on it
                              you did have some, remember Ken Caminiti? Where is he at now?

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner View Post
                                If he was told in 2003, why is he curious what he tested for now?
                                Yeah I agree-something doesn't add up here.
                                You know-it saddens me a lot when I hear of any athelete using drugs but perhaps even more so with Ortiz.
                                Here until now we had a guy who was thought of as a poster bout-likeable, friendly, respected by all and considered a great role model for kids.
                                And now what kind of message does this send to the same kids? Something akin to the end justify the means and just don't get caught?
                                As a Sox fan I am troubled deeply by this,
                                Sure there are 100+ other guys in that report who also took them;is the new meaning of "keeping up with the Jones's?"

Comment

Working...
                                X