Ortiz and Ramirez Said to Be on 2003 Doping List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by savage1 View Post
    Yeah I agree-something doesn't add up here.
    You know-it saddens me a lot when I hear of any athelete using drugs but perhaps even more so with Ortiz.
    Here until now we had a guy who was thought of as a poster bout-likeable, friendly, respected by all and considered a great role model for kids.
    And now what kind of message does this send to the same kids? Something akin to the end justify the means and just don't get caught?
    As a Sox fan I am troubled deeply by this,
    Sure there are 100+ other guys in that report who also took them;is the new meaning of "keeping up with the Jones's?"
    I think BW knows all about a player, his team and steroids. He is a Giants fan!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
      What i don't understand is that it happens in the NFL all the time and nobody gives 2 shits about it there. You have a NFL Avatar and you probably love football right? What's the difference? EVERY year guys get suspended in the NFL for it and the NFL has a storied past going way back to the Championship Steelers teams and Oakland teams. Nobody cares about it in the NFL. Why?

Guys get suspended all the time for 4 games and that is 25% of the season or equal to a 40 game suspension in baseball.

I just don't care about it anymore and it shocks me when i see people who love football, rip the MLB for it. Makes no sense imo.
      For me it's more than the roid's in Baseball Wayne. One league has a DL, the other doesn't. The strikes in 81, 90, and 94. The whole Pete Rose thing. The commissioner's being bigger than the game itself (and that is happening in the NLF right now imo). I did acknowledge in my post that other sports do have their problems, but it seems to me that baseball has done a better job in fucking themselfs than any other major sport.

Football has been sending the message for while now. You fuck up you are getting suspended. You keep fucking up you are not playing anymore. Baseball has just started this policy. Football addressed their roid problem a while ago. Baseball just started addressing it. Some guy's get caught in the NFL, and some know how to dance around the system I'm sure. But I think back in the day it was about winning and roids, than it came to be money and roids. And it's clear, that Baseball knew what was going on, and didn't do a thing about it because it was making money. They fell into the money and roid part of it.

Comment

who knows when guys first started juicing and atleast 80 percent of baseball did anyway.

Im sick of baseball and their glorified stats anyway.

80 percent of nfl uses ped anyway.
        Last edited by musclemann; 07-30-2009, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Just chalk Ortiz' name up along with the rest of the scumbag cheaters.
          "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner View Post
            This came out a month before Manny got busted the first time.

Canseco At It Again, This Time Manny

As much as the baseball world hates Jose Canseco, he has been right about pretty much everyone he accused of taking steroids or other performance enhancing drugs (Mark McGwire, Barry Bonds, and Alex Rodriguez to name a few). Canseco is now accusing Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Manny Ramirez.

Canseco believes that Manny’s name is on the list of 103 active players to have failed the drug test in 2003, the same test A-Rod failed. Canseco was at USC making a public appearance when he accused Man-Ram. He told the audience that the fact that Manny was trying to get a team to give him a long term 4 year contract was a clue that he’s been using steroids, as he says Manny is smart enough to know his body will start to wear down. If Jose Canseco’s accusations are correct, then it would be yet another big hit to America’s favorite past time.
            Jose Canseco is the best thing to happen to baseball in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner View Post
              Anybody remember this?

Red Sox slugger David Ortiz said he wants to see players who test positive for steroids banned for one year."I think you clean up the game by testing…You test positive, you're going to be out. Period," Ortiz said.
              Yeah, just another scumbag who lied to our faces. How a man who is idolized by little kids can seek out a camera and blatantly lie to all his fans is sickening.

Comment

Originally posted by gizmo View Post
                Manny is an idiot for just being Manny but Ortiz is a scumbag for saying anything about anybody when he knew he did it.

At least A-Rod can still hit without them,Ortiz is a fat slob.
                He got a 3 run dinger tonight and papi is far from a fat slob.
                Nothing is as far away as one minute ago.

Comment

I feel that the list should be released and rigid testing of players should start now and if anyone is caught using a banned substance from here on out, they should be delt with sternly!
                  Last edited by NEJAKE; 07-30-2009, 10:46 PM.
                  Nothing is as far away as one minute ago.

Comment

Originally posted by gizmo View Post
                    Manny is an idiot for just being Manny but Ortiz is a scumbag for saying anything about anybody when he knew he did it.

At least A-Rod can still hit without them,Ortiz is a fat slob.
                    You think A-Rod isn't still on steroids?!?!?!?!?

Comment

Much respect for Bronson Arroyo, this is what I'm talking about

Bronson Arroyo told the Boston Herald Thursday that he used both androstenedione and amphetamines back in the early 2000s.
                      Both substances were fair game at the time he was taking them, but have since been banned by Major League Baseball. "Before 2004, none of us paid any attention to anything we took," said the Reds starter. "Andro made me feel great, I felt like a monster. I felt like I could jump and hit my head on the basketball rim." It's also the substance that was found in Mark McGwire's locker during the summer of 1998. More admissions like this would be truly refreshing, and might help baseball finally move on from the "steroid era."

Comment

Nomar's name is on that list too so his comments are comical.

Comment

Originally posted by BearDown View Post
                          you did have some, remember Ken Caminiti? Where is he at now?

Not sure you got my point Beardown...I know we had some, im sure we had more than we know...i was speaking specifically of our world series year and made the comment that I wish we had more so maybe we would have a WS title in houston...im assuming Cammy is in heaven but i cant be sure bout that, in case you didnt know he died a while back

Comment

Originally posted by ogarza View Post
                            Not sure you got my point Beardown...I know we had some, im sure we had more than we know...i was speaking specifically of our world series year and made the comment that I wish we had more so maybe we would have a WS title in houston...im assuming Cammy is in heaven but i cant be sure bout that, in case you didnt know he died a while back
                            You got your Titles with the Houston Comets!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                              You got your Titles with the Houston Comets!

Easy there Boston fan...we cant all be spoiled to have 3 world class organizations bring home championships like ur celts, sox, and pats...

Hakeem the Dream got us 2...and Texans are heading in the right direction, might never get there but its better than not having a team like we had to go through...

Comment

Originally posted by ogarza View Post
                                Easy there Boston fan...we cant all be spoiled to have 3 world class organizations bring home championships like ur celts, sox, and pats...

Hakeem the Dream got us 2...and Texans are heading in the right direction, might never get there but its better than not having a team like we had to go through...
                                You started it with your snide Boston comments!!!

I just felt the need to return serve!

Comment

Working...
                                X