No announcement yet.

Ortiz and Ramirez Said to Be on 2003 Doping List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And here is one of the many reasons why I don't watch Baseball, and don't give two shits about the game anymore. After the last strike in 94 (unlike a lot of people), I never came back to the game that was my first love when it came to sports. I'm glad I turned my back and never looked back. I know other sports have their issues as well, but it just seems that baseball is always in some sort of trouble in one way or the other. More than the other sports. Americas past time is right, Baseball has past it's time a long time ago.

Comment

The lying is what pisses me off. They get caught, and they say they had a funny smelling milk shake years ago. Just tell the truth. If I caught, I would just say, "Yes I took steroids, for years, man it was fun, we all the hit the ball 500 feet, looks like it was a bad idea because my body is now falling apart, I wish I had known this would happen, I never would've taken them"

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner View Post
        The lying is what pisses me off. They get caught, and they say they had a funny smelling milk shake years ago. Just tell the truth. If I caught, I would just say, "Yes I took steroids, for years, man it was fun, we all the hit the ball 500 feet, looks like it was a bad idea because my body is now falling apart, I wish I had known this would happen, I never would've taken them"
        I agree. It's not like the fans or the media buy their lame ass excuses.

Comment

This came out a month before Manny got busted the first time.

Canseco At It Again, This Time Manny

As much as the baseball world hates Jose Canseco, he has been right about pretty much everyone he accused of taking steroids or other performance enhancing drugs (Mark McGwire, Barry Bonds, and Alex Rodriguez to name a few). Canseco is now accusing Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Manny Ramirez.

Canseco believes that Manny’s name is on the list of 103 active players to have failed the drug test in 2003, the same test A-Rod failed. Canseco was at USC making a public appearance when he accused Man-Ram. He told the audience that the fact that Manny was trying to get a team to give him a long term 4 year contract was a clue that he’s been using steroids, as he says Manny is smart enough to know his body will start to wear down. If Jose Canseco’s accusations are correct, then it would be yet another big hit to America’s favorite past time.

Comment

Originally posted by Three Jack View Post
            I hope you are joking.
            Oh course im joking...i know they are a lot of Red Sox fans here, so just wanted to throw that out there as a joke...shit I wish more of my Astros were on it, maybe we would have won a title instead of getting swept by the White Sox...doesnt even matter anymore who did roids and who didnt, the last 10 or 15 years of baseball has been bullshit for the most part...lots and lots of the elite players were on it so how can we take anything they did as legit...really sucks to be honest with you

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03 View Post
              I'm not shocked about Ortiz. Baseball needs to release all names once and for all.
              Me too Frank.Just put the list out and then lets move on.Problem is I think they like doing it in groups of 2 or less every few months so the guys all get hammered the same.If they release all 100 at the same time the big guys make all the news and the little guys pretty much get off the hook in the media.

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03 View Post
                It won't happen and I realize it's not part of the CBA. Manny should be banned. This clown tests positive for the 2nd time in 6 years. It sickens me. Just last week they were comparing Manny to Mantle. There's no comparison. Manny is a CHEAT! Plain and simple.

What pisses me off is the standing ovation when he came back. What? Huh??

I don't know of any other user that received a standing O when they returned.

What does that tell people when you get a 50 game ban and you come back to a standing O and a section of the stadium renamed again after you. That is sickening imo.

Comment

Monte posted the whole list with all these names about a month ago.

Comment

Ortiz always was the poster boy for steroids as far as I was concerned. The Twins tried to trade him before they released him and couldn't get any takers. He goes to the Red Sox and he magically becomes one of the best power hitters in the game. I knew all along it wasn't Manny but roids. You don't all of a sudden become a power hitter over night. MLB ought to just release all the names and get them out in the open instead of watching the names dribble out.

Comment

I don't think there is any doubt that Ortiz was on roids. Is there ANYBODY here shocked by that? Really??

Comment

Originally posted by BearDown View Post
                        And here is one of the many reasons why I don't watch Baseball, and don't give two shits about the game anymore. After the last strike in 94 (unlike a lot of people), I never came back to the game that was my first love when it came to sports. I'm glad I turned my back and never looked back. I know other sports have their issues as well, but it just seems that baseball is always in some sort of trouble in one way or the other. More than the other sports. Americas past time is right, Baseball has past it's time a long time ago.
                        What i don't understand is that it happens in the NFL all the time and nobody gives 2 shits about it there. You have a NFL Avatar and you probably love football right? What's the difference? EVERY year guys get suspended in the NFL for it and the NFL has a storied past going way back to the Championship Steelers teams and Oakland teams. Nobody cares about it in the NFL. Why?

Guys get suspended all the time for 4 games and that is 25% of the season or equal to a 40 game suspension in baseball.

I just don't care about it anymore and it shocks me when i see people who love football, rip the MLB for it. Makes no sense imo.

Comment

Talk about trying to ruin the game of baseball, how about release 1 name a month for a hundred years so we can really drag this out. Where is the dumbass Selig, for 18 million a season, you'd think he'd be smart enough to find a way to get the whole list out there already, so we can get on with his beloved game.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                            What i don't understand is that it happens in the NFL all the time and nobody gives 2 shits about it there. You have a NFL Avatar and you probably love football right? What's the difference? EVERY year guys get suspended in the NFL for it and the NFL has a storied past going way back to the Championship Steelers teams and Oakland teams. Nobody cares about it in the NFL. Why?

Guys get suspended all the time for 4 games and that is 25% of the season or equal to a 40 game suspension in baseball.

I just don't care about it anymore and it shocks me when i see people who love football, rip the MLB for it. Makes no sense imo.
                            To answer your question. In baseball the roids made guys hit homeruns, notice people don't give a shit about the pitchers that took roids, unless they were on the Yankees. In football, there's nothing like a homerun. I guess if someone scored 50 td's and then we found out he was roids, it would be big news, but just hitting guys really hard, doesn't cut it.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post

I agree with you, Wayne...cheating is cheating and it shouldn't matter what league you are in. The only reason I can come up with is that in baseball, the cheaters have made a mockery of the game in its historical nature by obliterating records. You don't see that in Football as much. It seems to be more linebackers, linemen and such who aren't taking it to smash records.... Not making excuses as like I said, cheating is cheating but it is the only reason why I think there seems to be a double standard. Palmeiro, McGwire, Sosa...these guys are blackballed. Never happens in football.
                              Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner View Post
                                To answer your question. In baseball the roids made guys hit homeruns, notice people don't give a shit about the pitchers that took roids, unless they were on the Yankees. In football, there's nothing like a homerun. I guess if someone scored 50 td's and then we found out he was roids, it would be big news, but just hitting guys really hard, doesn't cut it.

Big difference in football BW is the intense physical play. It is 100% a HUGE Advantage in football in helping players recover and heal.

Comment

Working...
                                X