Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DONTE STALLWORTH gets 30 days in jail..THIS IS BS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I work for a Beer company and we did an experiment a few years ago. We had breathalizers and as we drank, we had to take the breathalizer every 30 minutes (Nobody drove after). You guys would be AMAZED at how normal you can feel at .12% I had 3 beers and blew in the thing and was between .10 and .11

I blew into it right after i finished the 3rd one but let me tell ya', it is shocking how easily it is to reach .08 or .12

No, it doesn't make it right but i don't think he was "Drunk" either. Impaired a tiny bit? I'm sure .... but try it sometime and see how easy it is to think you are below .08 and able to drive when you are not.

Comment

Originally posted by musclemann View Post
      There is something else to this case on why he got off so easy. The 4 million dollar settlement and the fact that I believe the guy was jaywalking.

You could actually do more time for stealing a candy bar out of the store than stallworth got.

I love all the animal lovers who bitched about vick who had everything taken away while stallworth is going to do 30 days for killing someone.

UNREAL.
      I agree.
      I love animals and have had a cat all of my life(not the same one lol).
      However, intent or no intent imo killing another human being no matter what the circumstances(with the exception of self-defense and JUSTIFIED wars) is worse than killing any animal(which I do think is horrible).

Comment

If the family is not outraged with the decision, then I'm fine with this. If they've made peace with it, and Stallworth is remorseful, that's all that should matter here.
        "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

Originally posted by mavskidd02 View Post
          If the family is not outraged with the decision, then I'm fine with this. If they've made peace with it, and Stallworth is remorseful, that's all that should matter here.

BINGO on EVERYTHING!

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post
            To compare this guy driving drunk or Vick torturing and killing dogs is just not right ... there is a huge difference .. it is called INTENT ...
            You're right. There's a huge difference. One killed a HUMAN BEING. The other killed a dog. I'm not defending Vicks action. I'm sickened by the lack of outrage that a NFL football player gets a 30 day slap on the wrist for killing another human. A friend of mine recently spent 4 months in jail for DUI. No accident. No injury. A DUI. There's something seriously wrong with the injustice.

Comment

For the record, i do not drive after 3 beers. I will drive after 2, not 3. I have had that rule since our experiment 15 years ago. I will drive after 1 mixed drink. Two of those and no driving for me. It's my only rule but it has worked well. I've been the designated driver several times too and i'm fine with that. It saves others from going through this and that's all that matters.

Comment

Apparently Vick just needed to be drunk when he killed the dogs. Then he would have been fine.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                  BINGO on EVERYTHING!
                  Me and wayne agree............... and let me check--- hell just froze over.

Comment

Why are you so outraged frank? You didn't know the guy and it didn't affect your life. All that should matter to you is the family and if they accepted the outcome, so should you.

Comment

Some guys have unprotected sex by their own choosing;sometimes nothing happens, sometimes the woman gets pregnant and sometimes the guy gets an STD.
                      It was his choice to gamble, and if either of the last two occur, he pays the price(and the woman of course if she gets pregnant).
                      My point is that it is bad enough in the above example because the guy in questioned has hurt himself because of his actions.
                      It is FAR worse when someone else is affected because of a guy's action;in the Stallworth's case, someone died-that is the worst outcome possible and should be treated by the justice system accordingly.
                      Last edited by savage1; 06-16-2009, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by savage1 View Post
                        I agree.
                        I love animals and have had a cat all of my life(not the same one lol).
                        However, intent or no intent imo killing another human being no matter what the circumstances(with the exception of self-defense and JUSTIFIED wars) is worse than killing any animal(which I do think is horrible).

Im just surprised the browns didnt cut him yet. Probably is coming they were just waiting for the conclusion of this case. Bonus probably can be recovered and top of that how many games will he be suspended for?

Im guessing atleast 10.......maybe the season?

Comment

10? He won't get more than four. If he gets any at all.

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03 View Post
                            You're right. There's a huge difference. One killed a HUMAN BEING. The other killed a dog. I'm not defending Vicks action. I'm sickened by the lack of outrage that a NFL football player gets a 30 day slap on the wrist for killing another human. A friend of mine recently spent 4 months in jail for DUI. No accident. No injury. A DUI. There's something seriously wrong with the injustice.
                            I would be willing to bet that your friend isn't famous nor is he rich. That would make a huge difference.

Comment

Im just surprised the browns didnt cut him yet. Probably is coming they were just waiting for the conclusion of this case. Bonus probably can be recovered and top of that how many games will he be suspended for?

Didn't he just sign a nice $35 million contract before last season and was hurt most of the season? If so then if he gets any suspension it won't be for more than 3 games.

Comment

Guys, He pleaded guilty and was charged. He is NO DOUBT getting suspended and it will not be any less than 4 games from what i'm hearing.

Comment

Working...
                                X