Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DONTE STALLWORTH gets 30 days in jail..THIS IS BS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DONTE STALLWORTH gets 30 days in jail..THIS IS BS!

Stallworth was drink and killed an innocenet person.. Facing trial and could get up to 15 years in prison, he pleads guilty and gets 30 days...R U FREAKING KIDDING ME....HE KILLED SOMEONE...What the hell is wrong with the courts???

Its the US way, the more money you have, the more of a chance you have to get off or a lighter sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by FB Coach13 View Post
      Its the US way, the more money you have, the more of a chance you have to get off or a lighter sentence.
      Exactly!

However, he will be sued by the family of the victim and end up settling out of Court. Probably plead guilty quick so it would look better.

Comment

Makes absolutely NO SENSE! Michael Vick kills some dogs and goes to jail for 2 years. Plaxico Burress has a gun and could get 3 1/2 years. Something doesn't seem right.

Comment

Donte Stallworth of Cleveland Browns reaches financial agreement with family of victim Mario Reyes
          Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte' Stallworth and the family of the pedestrian he is charged with hitting and killing with his car have reached a financial agreement to avoid a lawsuit.

Donte Stallworth of Cleveland Browns reaches financial agreement with family of victim Mario Reyes - ESPN

Comment

Originally posted by kim61299 View Post
            Makes absolutely NO SENSE! Michael Vick kills some dogs and goes to jail for 2 years. Plaxico Burress has a gun and could get 3 1/2 years. Something doesn't seem right.
            Where's the outrage on ESPN? Where's the outrage in the media? Where's the outrage from the general population? Where's the outrage from BC members? It's a fucking disgrace this has attracted very little attention for killing another human but god forbid you kill a dog! WTF is wrong with humans and our society. We're a fucking joke! And please don't give me the lame ass excuse the dogs were defenseless. How much of a defense did Mario Reyes have?

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03 View Post
              Where's the outrage on ESPN? Where's the outrage in the media? Where's the outrage from the general population? Where's the outrage from BC members? It's a fucking disgrace this has attracted very little attention for killing another human but god forbid you kill a dog! WTF is wrong with humans and our society. We're a fucking joke! And please don't give me the lame ass excuse the dogs were defenseless. How much of a defense did Mario Reyes have?
              Dogs are defenseless. What Mike Vick did was MUCH worse and Dante Stallworth did not "intentionally" kill another human being. Frank you know just as much as I do about alcohol and once under the influence one cannot predict what will happen. Am I saying what he did was right? Hell no however as I believe yourself even stated before, who hasnt driven drunk at least once in their life? Most of us have and most of us were lucky to not have struck another human being behind the wheel while under the influence. If we did would we then be murderers or is Michael Vick worse off? Think about it. Did we have the intention of driving drunk before we drank Frank? Thats the difference IMO....
              SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

To compare this guy driving drunk or Vick torturing and killing dogs is just not right ... there is a huge difference .. it is called INTENT ...

Although of course 30 days for killing someone while driving drunk is ridiculous ... just makes me shake my head ... but comparing him with Vick is insane ...

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03 View Post

They talked about it all day on the Radio.

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post
                    To compare this guy driving drunk or Vick torturing and killing dogs is just not right ... there is a huge difference .. it is called INTENT ...

Although of course 30 days for killing someone while driving drunk is ridiculous ... just makes me shake my head ... but comparing him with Vick is insane ...
                    Exactly my point above...dont agree with just 30 days however a million times worse what Vick did IMO also because of "intent"...
                    Last edited by Chado1; 06-16-2009, 03:34 PM.
                    SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

I don't believe you can compare the two. However, anytime you get behind the wheel drunk you risk taking someone else's life as well as yours. 30 days is a joke though. What we can compare is why isn't the media making more of this or at least as much as Vick. Probably, because Vick was a more prominent player with big endorsements. Plus you have animal rights groups that were outraged over what he was doing including myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post

The FAMILY made this deal. They wanted finacial security for the kid and the one giving that was the father. As crazy as it sounds, the family asked for this and the judge basically granted it. Look, it was awful but he was barely over the limit and he has shown a ton of remorse for the accident.

He also got 2 years house arrest, 1000 hours community service and his license was suspended for life. No license for the rest of his life is weird. I've never seen that happen. He and the family agreed to it all from what i've heard. Stallworth took full responsibilty and i really think it was just a tragic accident.

Don't blame the family for taking the money either. Putting Stallworth in jail for 20 years wouldn't get the dad back but it will now allow the kid to go to college and at least live the comfortable life the father was trying to provide. Good for them.

Comment

They said they didn't want the daughter going through a trial. They also said the guy that was killed would want it this way. They said he was a very forgiven man and the one thing he would have wanted was the wife and child taken care of. Well, that is going to happen now.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post

The FAMILY made this deal. They wanted finacial security for the kid and the one giving that was the father. As crazy as it sounds, the family asked for this and the judge basically granted it. Look, it was awful but he was barely over the limit and he has shown a ton of remorse for the accident.

He also got 2 years house arrest, 1000 hours community service and his license was suspended for life. No license for the rest of his life is weird. I've never seen that happen. He and the family agreed to it all from what i've heard. Stallworth took full responsibilty and i really think it was just a tragic accident.

Don't blame the family for taking the money either. Putting Stallworth in jail for 20 years wouldn't get the dad back but it will now allow the kid to go to college and at least live the comfortable life the father was trying to provide. Good for them.
                            License suspended for life? WTF What's he going to do to get around? Taxi's, limos and family for the rest of his life. At some point he'll reapply for his license and probably get it back.

I don't blame the family for taking his money as that's the only thing he can offer them. He can't replace their father or husband.

Comment

just proves my point all along. This aint a black thing its not a white thing its not a asian thing. its all just a money thing. if you have $$$ you can get away with anything just ask OJ or ted kennedy
                              2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Working...
                              X