Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DONTE STALLWORTH gets 30 days in jail..THIS IS BS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BettorsChat View Post
    License suspended for life? WTF What's he going to do to get around? Taxi's, limos and family for the rest of his life. At some point he'll reapply for his license and probably get it back.
    Yes, taxis, limos and friends for the rest of his life. That is what should happen. The last time he drove a car, he killed somebody. If he had the sense to take a taxi to a party he was gonna' drink at in the first place, none of this would have happened.

But that's over now and not worth arguing about. But taking away his license for life is GREAT! They should also ban him from drinking for the rest of his life, but we know that won't happen.
    "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03 View Post
      Where's the outrage on ESPN? Where's the outrage in the media? Where's the outrage from the general population? Where's the outrage from BC members? It's a fucking disgrace this has attracted very little attention for killing another human but god forbid you kill a dog! WTF is wrong with humans and our society. We're a fucking joke! And please don't give me the lame ass excuse the dogs were defenseless. How much of a defense did Mario Reyes have?
      I tend to agree with you on this one.
      No unlike Vicks he didn't intend to kill the victim(s).
      However, he got drunk to the point where he wasn't capable of driving his car;one has to accept responsibility for one's actions.
      What would folks say if Stallworth got drunk in a bar, someone said something to him he didn't like and he strangled the guy? Should he be exonorated because he was srunk and didn't know what he was doing?
      Personally I think he should serve a stiff prison sentence(3-5 years at least) AND pay the family also.
      In this instance not only do I feel justice would be served, but just as importantly it might serve as notice to some what would happen to them if they did the same thing(got drunk and killed someone).
      Last edited by savage1; 06-16-2009, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by savage1 View Post
        However, he got drunk to the point where he wasn't capable of driving his car.
        What would folks say if Stallworth got drunk in a bar, someone said something to him he didn't like and he strangled the guy? Should he be exonorated because he was srunk and didn't know what he was doing?
        Personally I think he should serve a stiff prison sentence(3-5 years at least) AND pay the family also.
        In this instance not only do I feel justice would be served, but just as importantly it might serve as notice to some what would happen to them if they did the same thing(got drunk and killed someone).
        Are you serious? You don't see a difference in malice there? Stallworth saw the guy and was flashing his lights at the guy. He couldn't stop in time when the guy came off the curb in a place with no crossing. It is quite different than strangling someone and waiting until they stop breathing ..........

Comment

Originally posted by savage1 View Post
          However, he got drunk to the point where he wasn't capable of driving his car;one has to accept responsibility for one's actions.

A 89 year old woman just killed a guy in mass. She basically had no reaction to him crossing and just ran over him. She didn't have any drinks in her so she will just walk away with nothing happening to her. I would rather drive with Stallworth at .12 than i would the 89 year old woman who can't see or hear anything. Where is the justice in that?

Comment

Didn't Stallworth drive away after the accident?

Comment

Originally posted by mavskidd02 View Post
              Didn't Stallworth drive away after the accident?
              No, he stopped right away and waited for police. When they showed up he was very shaken and told police he hit the man. He tried flashing his lights and stuff as the man ran for the bus but it was too late.

Comment

No you can't compare Vick with Stallworth. I agree. The reason you can't compare them is that one killed a HUMAN and one killed ANIMALS.

This happened not long ago about 1/2 mile from my house.

Does it make any difference if it is a 4 year old who they accidently kill? Or are some dogs more important then a child also?

4-year-old Josie Blum dies after crash

Omaha World Herald ^ | May 13, 2009 | ANDREW J. NELSON
                Posted on May 13, 2009 9:07:45 PM CDT by hatfieldmccoy

The little girl flung from a minivan yesterday morning in west Omaha has died, according to the Omaha Police Department.

Josie Bluhm, 4, was in a 2007 Chrysler Town & Country driven by her mother when the crash occurred. Her mother's minivan was southbound on 180th Street about 7:25 a.m. Tuesday when a 2007 Ford F-150 pickup driven west on West Center Road by Eleazar Rangel-Ochoa, 27, ran a red light and slammed into it, authorities said.

Josie was the most severely hurt of those injured in the crash. She suffered brain hemorrhaging and was eventually declared brain dead. Life support was withdrawn, and she died of her injuries at 5:50 p.m. today, police said.

Rangel-Ochoa, whom police arrested after he was treated for his injuries, remained in jail today, accused of driving with a suspended license.

Comment

MIAMI -- Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte' Stallworth took full responsibility for killing a pedestrian while driving drunk in Florida and began serving a 30-day jail sentence Tuesday after he pleaded guilty to DUI manslaughter.

Stallworth also reached a confidential financial settlement to avoid a potential lawsuit from the family of 59-year-old Mario Reyes, according to Stallworth's attorney, Christopher Lyons. Reyes was struck and killed March 14 by Stallworth, who was driving his black 2005 Bentley after a night drinking at a swanky hotel bar.

Stallworth, 28, told Miami-Dade Circuit Judge Dennis Murphy that he hopes to get involved in drunken-driving education programs.

"I accept full responsibility for this horrible tragedy," said Stallworth, who was accompanied at the hearing by his parents, siblings and other supporters. "I will bear this burden for the rest of my life."

Lyons said the plea agreement will allow Stallworth to resume his football career.

The Akron Beacon Journal reported that according to an NFL source, commissioner Roger Goodell is expected to discipline Stallworth before the Browns start training camp July 31.

Stallworth must also undergo drug and alcohol testing, will have a lifetime driver's license suspension and must perform 1,000 hours of community service. Lyons said after five years, Stallworth could win approval for limited driving for reasons such as employment.

Miami-Dade State Attorney Katherine Fernandez Rundle cited Stallworth's lack of previous criminal record, cooperation with police and willingness to accept responsibility as factors in the plea deal. Rundle also said the Reyes family -- particularly the victim's 15-year-old daughter -- wanted the case resolved to avoid any more pain.

"For all of these reasons, a just resolution of this case has been reached," Rundle said.

None of the Reyes family attended the hearing. Their attorney, Rodolfo Suarez, read a statement saying the family wants to "bring closure to this emotional and tragic event." Suarez was not immediately available to comment after the hearing.

After a night drinking at a bar in Miami Beach's Fountainebleau hotel, police said Stallworth hit Reyes, a construction crane operator who was rushing to catch a bus after finishing his shift at about 7:15 a.m.

Stallworth told police he flashed his lights in an attempt to warn Reyes, who was not in a crosswalk when he was struck.

Stallworth had a blood-alcohol level of .126 after the crash, well above Florida's .08 limit. Stallworth stopped after the crash and immediately told officers he had hit Reyes. Police estimated Stallworth was driving about 50 mph in a 40 mph zone.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                    No, he stopped right away and waited for police. When they showed up he was very shaken and told police he hit the man. He tried flashing his lights and stuff as the man ran for the bus but it was too late.
                    Good, at least he did something right.

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post
                      To compare this guy driving drunk or Vick torturing and killing dogs is just not right ... there is a huge difference .. it is called INTENT ...

Although of course 30 days for killing someone while driving drunk is ridiculous ... just makes me shake my head ... but comparing him with Vick is insane ...

IF you are DRUNK, thats pretty close to being INTENT in my book...

Comment

Originally posted by mavskidd02 View Post
                        Good, at least he did something right.
                        Read post 24

Comment

A 89 year old woman just killed a guy in mass. She basically had no reaction to him crossing and just ran over him. She didn't have any drinks in her so she will just walk away with nothing happening to her. I would rather drive with Stallworth at .12 than i would the 89 year old woman who can't see or hear anything. Where is the justice in that?
                          The lady obviously shouldn't be driving.
                          The point is that Stallworth put something in his body which he knew or should have known would impair his judgment and someone died because of this.
                          To give him a stiff penalty could serve as a notice to others who also drink that if they end up killing someone because they were drunk, that they simply won't be able to buy their way out(if they have the money to do so) and walk away after 30 days.
                          I doubt if you threw an old lady in jail because who killed someone while sober, it would have any impact on anyone except to serve notice to perhaps tighten up the age requirements, eye tests, etc. in the particular state in question.
                          Last edited by savage1; 06-16-2009, 04:49 PM.

Comment

There is something else to this case on why he got off so easy. The 4 million dollar settlement and the fact that I believe the guy was jaywalking.

You could actually do more time for stealing a candy bar out of the store than stallworth got.

I love all the animal lovers who bitched about vick who had everything taken away while stallworth is going to do 30 days for killing someone.

UNREAL.

Comment

That's the part I don't like..... He's a millionaire, and was going to a bar. If you are going to a bar, you know the chances are you will have a drink. Spend $20 and take a cab to the bar. Could have avoided all this. Stupid things like this are what piss me off.

Comment

Read post 24
                                Think you mean #23, read it on ESPN. Responded above ^

Comment

Working...
                                X